Discussion Would you share the method to get stronger?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Bad Storm, Oct 3, 2021.

?

to share or not to share?

1. To share, I agree with the mc's thoughts

5.0%
  2. Not to share, I agree with the side character

5.0%
  3. To share, only after obtaining my own power tho (random thought: what if you never get one?)

40.0%
  4. Not to share, this secret will die with me!

7.5%
  5. To share, but only with people I trust (the funny thing about trust is that it can be easily broken)

30.0%
  6. To share, but I expect a certain type of payment (business deals only, no feelings, tnx)

30.0%
  7. *others*

2.5%
  8. *noms skullie*

17.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    In an apocalyptic world, you finally discovered how to awaken supernatural and magical abilities. Still, even with that method, not everyone can gain an ability. It still depends on the person itself. Would you share the method?

On one hand, one character believe that they should keep this method to herself. Make herself gain an ability first so that she could take an advantageous position for herself. "Be the strongest", she said.

On the other hand, the other character (the mc) decided that she would take in anyone who wishes to learn. "Now when humanity is in trouble, how can I be strong alone? True strength is when everyone is strong! We humans should be united to overcome difficulties!"

thoughts?

2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    it depends on the person. I would not teach it to someone like gang member. They would probably learn in time, but hopefully I could get stronger than said person before that happens

3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that sharing your method would expose you to the risk of it spreading. It would be quite hard to keep it under wraps so cleanly.

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  4. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    hence why I'd be selective with who I am teaching it to.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    its true on both way~
    it depend on the society you want to build, or what kind of society you end up when such thing happen~
    this cat prefer teach other to reduce burden this cat will have on future
    if this cat somehow end up on individualistic society who not give crap about other, think mostly about themselves like how hollywood exaggerate example on it movie~ nah this cat will move to place where people prefer look each other~ human love to see on negative pov, maybe it left over instinct on human gene for survival, but history fact do give example even on dire state human can help each other~

like it or not, mini government, circle, tribe and such will exist on apocalyptic scenario~

6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    This. If it was up to me, this would be my main reason for sharing the method. Plus, if I share the method, others would also spread it out for me. No more reasons for me to take the route full of hardwork.

7. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Be strong willed. 2. Become a Nobody.

8. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    I would first use it to my limits and then spread it as much as possible because when i share it it will spread but not before creating some kind of upper class of super powered people
    but if everybody knows how nobody is special.

9. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it depends really....

If I can hide it then for a pretty long time I won't be sharing it at all.

But if it is too conspicuous, and I'm becoming too supernatural then probably I'll have to atleast give hints...

Cause even if I am capable of protecting myself it wouldn't do good to fall out with your society.... infact one can reduce their infamy and not get too much unwanted attention.... For we all know where there is a system there are aliens waiting to flock.

10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel I was reading, other people can awaken it. They thought it was random. It can also awaken during emergency or life and death situations. As for the setting, the method were gonna get discovered but only after so many years, it's a QT novel and the mc just knows the plot while the side character was reborn.

It was a zombie apocalypse arc, the virus is in the air. People who can't handle the virus, turns into zombies but at the same time, it is also because of the virus that people gain powers. Currently, they were in the early days of the apocalypse, only about more than a week passed. according to the plot, a second wave of the virus will be released in a few days so i think that's why the mc decided to reveal the method.

11. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The question here is, can just anyone be trusted to obtain power in such an era? the answer is not, she is lucky to have come to know such secret or knowledge, so, next question here is, is she worthy of it? the answer here depends on what personality the author gave her, but let us be honest, she is going to abuse that power one way or another and will make some people suffer, so, my answer here is, it depends on the morality and values of the person in question, if they know they will suck they should at least give it up but not before giving a lesson to others (think of lelouch from Code Geass here), if they are noble and wise, got redeeming qualities to lead others in such an apocalyptic era then they should take advantage of that power to start a new society and give humanity a new chance, otherwise what is the purpose of being the strongest in a falling world? she must as well be a frog in a well, she is nothing but just another delusional character that thinks of herself as some kind of chosen one.
    To summarise, is the person worthy of that power? I imagine anyone in such era would be suffering enough to say "yes" (I mean even if that happens in our modern world, alot if not most people would say yes, it is mine I can do whatever I want with it, or share it with others and make more troubles in the world as they one way or another gave it to the wrong people)
    So, what would I do with it? I will probably, use it in secret to improve the environment, fix the land and the world, make stuff that others would perceive as "miracles" or the planet trying to "fix" itself, then erase such knowledge from existence, that way, people can go back and rebuild a new era as there will be lots of resources to use and nothing to worry about, if any trouble rises after that, it wouldn't be my problem at all but just someone else's greed, related to some other cause XD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2021
  12. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just let it out and run, so I could watch how it unfolds from afar. If they begin to eat each other, I'd be on the way away. Else, I'd join in on the fun

13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I will show you the power of nepotism and cronyism. If my friends and family ended up betraying me, which is likely for the former and not so much for the latter, then all I have to do before giving them the power is to try and get one myself and as well as knowing their weaknesses so that I can killswitch them if necessary.

Fuck the world, if I end up with no one I will take the secret into my grave.

14. Harakka

Harakka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Either share with everyone or nobody. If its just a small few one of them can potentially kill you all or torture you hoping for more secrets but if its everyone its easier to not stand out of the crowd.

15. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I'd teach anyone except friends and family...

Teaching others (esp. strangers) always makes me scared that they'd eventually surpass me and then murder me. :notlikeblob:

16. Aki Aki

Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki Aki ⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Aki would first become strong enough so that other people with bad intentions can't harm Aki. Then Aki will share the method with everyone.

17. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, it probably depends on my mood. If l feel like sharing it, then I'll share it. If not, then I won't. I just feel like it's exhausting to think of the consequences of my actions. There's no secret that can be hidden forever anyways.

18. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a wuxia novel from the late 60s where the MC gets hold of a martial arts manual that everyone in the martial world is after. Then instead of just learning it, he has it printed and published, so now everyone can access it. And they do, with the result that the superior martial arts the manual teaches is no longer superior and the power struggle pretty much resets to zero. Though the author in the end has the MC learn still some other martial arts and is in the end able to prevail.

But yeah I think you don't tell anyone if you get some special technique, or else it won't be special anymore. Not to mention all the people who would be coming after you to get it. Might as well paint a target on your back.

19. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Won't they be coming after you to get it when they see you use it, anyway?

That aside, you're approaching this from a competitive standpoint, when the OP was about an apocalyptic scenario. When humanity is on the ropes as a whole, hoarding power doesn't, ultimately, make sense. It might make your own position more favorable in the short term, but the long term consequences would be devastating.

20. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d share the power. I would hate to be the last one alive. Especially, if it’s a girl. The hero/ gentleman in me can not help but want to defend women and help them as best as I can. Lol

asriu and gyan7 like this.