Discussion Your life's happiest moment?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Hamster Overlord, Oct 3, 2021.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read it somewhere that humans* evaluate their experiences by the peak and the end.
    Having examined the human experience I have accumulated so far, I came to the terrible conclusion that I don't really have a peak. Having examined it a bit further, I realised that the cause for that might be in my overexposure to the social media and the Internet. The Internet nowadays is practically designed to quickly flood your brain with dopamine to make you feel really happy, euphoric even, for a short time. But after that high leaves, your dopamine drops to levels lower than average, meaning that those experiences don't register as "happy". All those highs overwrite your prior experiences, ones that could otherwise be one's peaks: I still can remember the fact that I used to revel in the natural beauty of winter's snow, and the fascinating view of the flat plain beneath my home that's situated on a hill, and the mighty and all-encompassing presence of the river's flow in the midst of summer. All the things I've done, and experienced and have cherished, all the songs I cried to, all the memories that used to elevate me to a place of wonder and joy, I can't look at now without feeling like they were just, there. Like there's a grey filter pulled over them, like their presence was neither good nor bad nor important. All that's left is the present.
    Right... Sorry for the derailment. I'm here to ask you to examine your life and tell me if you have your peak. Your life's happiest moment. Or your life's saddest moment. Your life's most impactful moment. The defining one. Something like that. Like, if you were to tell the one moment that overshoes all the others. Well, you get it. Hopefully.

*And, while as a noble one of the Hamster masterrace, I'm certainly a being far above your impotent species, currently I'm inhabiting a human mind, and as per the Xenevia convention, I am to limit my psychic powers to an intensity small enough not to accidentally commit ecocide on a region about the size of a square kilometer. Which means, that I basically forced to be half-asleep while experiencing the human condition for the next few decades, and my experiences don't differ particularly much from yours

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  2. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, it was about my first orgasm. And here I am now, a sad depressed a-hole who only known depression every time he faps.

Well, seriously though... I don't know what my life's happiest is. Everything right now feels empty. It's like floating through the void of life after knowing that whatever you do in this world, you're just a speck of dust compare to other people who achieved much better than you.

3. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you see, that's questions like this that really makes me doubt the goal of my oh so fucking bland life. while i do have some good memories, i don't have anything that i could possibly qualify as 'peak'. nothing that could get more than a 'that time was fun'.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, I mean I do have some good and bad memories but nothing as impactful as what you say, I just easily forget stuff I guess XD

5. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont got a peak.

Most of my life has been something I will look back on to this very day and I would be able to proudly say "Yep, it was nice".

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    day before elementary school graduation, this cat play bunch of traditional children game~
    school festival stuff preparation on middle school, work together is fun~
    gossip about various stuff with friends on highschool, went to mountain hike, peep boy group who tried to peep girls group on their room during school trip~
    a certain New year party on college year~ just enjoy concert, some class exhibition and stuff~

into the guild war, clan war, bunch of such stuff with guild/clan member~ play with friends on internet cafe peep each other screen during online match~ tease each other on internet cafe~

this cat happy with those mundane stuff~

as for other stuff
    19667.png
    affection level is too low

7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it, theres nothing that makes me feel as the happiest moment.

Hmm guess I should work on it..

8. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Not many over the top big things but...passed classes when thought would fail and screw up grad. Months then reach success with something to start next phase in life, like a shooting star dropping out of sky. Could not believe for weeks. Ah. Oh and some things also sigh relief too and happy stuff here and there.