Discussion The most hatefull female character archtype

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Asf, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Sinking Ship

Sinking Ship Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like 80% of the main characters in cultivation novels with female leads. You know the ones.

Ms. I-Was-An-Assassin/Spy/SuperDocter-In-My-Previous-Life so I will always act icy and ruthless at all times while I trample my evil step-sister/evil step-mother/uncaring slag father. My retribution will always be swift, brutal, and often grossly disproportionate to the crimes committed against me, I am all but a merciless killing machine...

UNTIL THE MALE LEAD SHOWS UP LOL

Once he's in the room I'm reduced to a helpless and quivering damsel and I will repeatedly break my bottom line and make ridiculous concessions that completely go against my established character settings again and again whenever that big swinging dick is in the room

ughhhhhhhh i hate it so much

I've read a lot of novels with characters like this. Some specific examples that I have kicking around in my bookmarks: Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss, Princess Medical Doctor, Poison Genius Consort, The King of Hell's Genius Pampered Wife... the list goes on and on...

The female leads in books like these let the male leads walk all over them in a way that is completely absurd and at odds with how they treat every other character in their respective novels and their IQs drop into the single digits whenever the male lead is in the room. For instance, in GD:BBM, Wu Xie is a cold, calculating, and ruthless person who is well aware when certain male characters have designs against her and utterly destroys them. But then, one day in the early chapters (before there is really any bond between her and the ML to speak of) the male lead busts in on her while she's bathing and starts kissing her (something that would 100% result in a brutal and torturous end for any OTHER male character) she acts like she's 5 years old and has no idea what's going on or what this "mysterious ritual" could mean.

I dislike the weird possessiveness that a lot of male leads in this genre have but, more than that, I dislike the weird double-standards of the female main characters. The sheer amount of cognitive dissonance involved when a character is brutally disemboweling Random NPC Man #17 for trying to spike her wine one chapter but then not reacting at all two chapters later when the Male Lead™ shows up to grope her or creep into her bathroom while she's bathing or whatever... it's staggering.

2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt know female cultivation novel is like this. Lol
    Good to know.
    So its okay if the dude is hawt..

3. Lumppumpkin

Lumppumpkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally find Rachel from ToG a good character because she’s like the most human of all the characters and is kinda written to be hated.

Female characters that I find really annoying which also extends to male characters (though less common) are the cardboard cutout girls that have zero personality. They have no will nor desire of their own other than to follow the male protag till death. They neither reflect on their past to create their own future nor do they become inspired by their present to follow another road, only ever creeping behind the MCs large shadow, devoting their all to him.

So basically most harem members after the first/second girl..

Arye likes this.
  4. frustratedguy109

frustratedguy109 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wrote a post talking about the same thing before I actually read the thread and saw yours.

Sinking Ship likes this.
  5. Sunspawn

Sunspawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The stuff I wanted to answer were already mentioned by others:

The brain-dead girls in mind break ntr stories, for always making the absolute dumbest choices that make zero sense.

Needlessly violent tsunderes.

Personality-less harem followers.

6. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's my top hated but, the overly kind and sweet girls there's nothing wrong with it, but you have to be a skillful writer to make it work because they're a good blood boil material (I'm not talking about fake kind ones)

Arye likes this.
  7. Ywmikki

Ywmikki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My god
    THIS is one of the reason I stopped reading a lot of Manga with good male protagonist. Yankee Wa Isekai De Seirei Ni Aisaremasu if it was just about him and the spirit living together how good it would be:blobmelt:, the princess was okay-ish nothing more but her sister, I wish to hack to death that red head my god:blobpitch:, he fucking save your sister (she has a siscom by the way) and you treat him like he should be happy just to be in your presence :facepalm:and all he do is as expected, OH MY GOD I'm raging just thinking about it:blobdevil:, it doesn't have common sense, even if it's your arch enemy if he save the life of someone you love at least a thank is just basic but noooooo:notlikeblob:
    And another manga where the ml was the top assassin/hunter and when to retire and return to school for assassin/hunter to live a normal life, and then we have the combo friends tsundere:blobhero: + Saint like good girl :blobangel:. That made me so angry it become funny, the stupid tsundere has the no. 1 hunter/assassin:blobninja: as an idol and really admire him but after discovering that the Mc was the no. 1 there was no attitude change and continued to be "oh so what if you're no. 1 you're still a useless shitty boy who isn't even worth looking at my shoes":mad::mad::facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  8. RiboseSugar

RiboseSugar Mirror Mirror, I'm beautiful. Fact, not question.

Reading List:
    Link
    FLs who will choose the Ice cold Domineering Male lead instead of the gentle considerate second lead.
    Another is the vicious rich cannon fodder, bitch you rich, just get a boy toy or something.:facepalm:
    Another is the one who offends the Rich male lead just because she isn't like the other girls and isn't afraid of him like bitch WTF you stay away from them because they are like. "I haven't had anybody treat me like this" symptoms
    I could go on and on

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    Arye likes this.
  9. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on images? Not sure.

I've never really hated any female leads. If the female lead is annoying then characteristically, the Novel is just as bad! Primary example would be some of those Chinese manhua females. But its not just them, everyone is unreasonable in them!

10. Xian Piete

Xian Piete Author of many mediocre stories

Reading List:
    Link
    The selfish princess who can't take no for an answer. They are almost always described as being beautiful, smart, and talented. Unfortunately, they can't tolerate someone telling them no. No, you can't have that guy as your husband, he doesn't like you. No, you can't have that jewelry someone else just bought it. No, you can't win the competition the judges just picked someone else.

Novel Monster, Blankdom, Asf and 2 others like this.
  11. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More than a bratty princess, I hate women who are naïve, not the kind who go, oh I don't know the consequences, the kind that are, I have a faint feeling on how this could affect others but I will not try to know more about it and stop it because I am naïve. Later on when the said consequence happens, they don't even try to learn from it, they will just hide behind others. These kind of women are the true villains for me.
    The innocence that comes at the cost of others is just... frkn frustrating

This!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  12. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

HOLY FUCK YES YES YES

AND the so called I-was-reborn-into-villainess who gets killed so I’ll act nothing like a fucking villainess bullshit mc.

-Stockholm syndrome females who think being abused =hot sexy off fuck me daddy , lemme pop 2 kids out while u push me down the stairs kinda deal

-one slap the step mom, dad and find treasures

Arye likes this.
  13. potato413

potato413 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The female archetype that tries to get as many random passerby involved in their problems as possible. Usually used as a plot device by bad authors. For example, her suitor young master is pestering her, so she picks a random passerby, who coincidentally is the MC, to be a shield by saying random passerby is her current boyfriend or something. Young master now focuses his full ire on MC. MC accepts this... for some reason.

The perpetual damsels in distress. I'm not talking about once or twice. For example, Princess Peach from Mario manages to get kidnapped OVER 20+ times.

The vicious stepmother with her own family coming to push you out. Frequent trope in cultivation novels, but most immediately memorable example of this is probably cinderella's stepmother.

Arye likes this.
  14. Arye

Arye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, i can't stand marysues who are always nice, cute, innocent, have an iq of 1000, solve everyone's problems, a sob story, are effortlessly liked by everyone.
    They need to have flaws in order to create a balance and become realistic like idk a bit of selfishness, sarcasm, holding grudges, are morally grey,etc.
    No one can always claim the moral high ground. :blobawkward:

I sometimes end up liking the "villainess" or the supporting characters more because of these traits.

Sutad Aatma likes this.