School subjects

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wizard007, Oct 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    Questions at the end

Regretting my subjects of choice for my last two years of secondary.
    English, Maths, Science are compulsory.
    English is spilt into two different sections literature and language where in one I have to memorise a load of poems.
    Maths I am doing the higher tier paper and am doing an extra subjects of Level 2 further maths, which basically has all the stuff for my normal exam plus stuff for later yrs. Which is lovely. My teacher forced us to do it and called our parents.
    For science I ended up doing separate science meaning I have to do exams for physic, chem and Biology insyard of just doing physical and life science.
    Then I chose history instead of geography which I don't regret
    The. I am doing French as have been doing it for the last 3 yrs and see no point in changing.
    Lastly I chose engineering and have spent the last few lessons with a bunch of idiots who can't draw a ten mm border around a page.
    So annoying especially when I am finished and have to wait for the teacher cause he won't let me go ahead even when I know what I am doing

Anyway after all that wondering if anyone has any stories or complaints about school who would like go share can be anything to teachers, students of subjects in general

Bored so anything fine really

2. Kyaaaaaaaaa

Kyaaaaaaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I’m lucky with school and then go in over my head. After a hellish three week class with a shirty partner and professor, all my classes were easygoing (meaning they came naturally to me, except for physics) in the twelve week period and spared me some free time. But then I stacked up all my free time with compsci and exam work that is beyond my capabilities. Go me.
    I hate the fact I’m like a hamster running on a wheel (called work) like that wheel supports his breathing and life.

Dude I’m sorry though, having a sucky professor or classmates just overall…just sucks. It’ll be over soon.

Wizard007 likes this.
  3. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah even our other engineering techer doesn't like him apparently he 'does his head in' but like you said it will be over eventually
    However science keeps giving us exam papers as homework and my pyshics paper took a over an hour; 50 min for test and the about 20 to mark it. It's so draining especially with the fact that I do homework last minute

Understand what you mean by hamster on a wheel

4. Kyaaaaaaaaa

Kyaaaaaaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look on the bright side maybe? Like it’s prepping you for the actual exam maybe. But that’s a bit of stretch to hand out exam papers and just slap the label “homework” on it. Physics sucks ass. I’m taking it right now and it is just not an outstanding experience.

Wizard007 likes this.
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my current teachers is crazy into procrastination. He'll tell us about the assignment a week before in class, then only give us the instructions, examples, and assignment submission time the DAY OF the due date. It's making me so mad because these are freaking long projects and I have to keep rushing them in one day.

Zeusomega and Wizard007 like this.
  6. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, this confused me a bit since I was thinking post secondary... I need some sleep.

Wizard007 likes this.
  7. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate physics. I HATE it.
    We have two teachers for maths but one of them teaches an example and tells us to complete the whole exercise. In such a way she completes entire chapter in a few days. The other one goes blah blah and makes us write a lot. My bio mam loves to shout a lot.

I hate going to school. Every day same periods and same timings. It sucks man. And there is lot of competition too in class. Competing for rankings is so tiring.

8. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the only who hates the ranking especially whenne you get to the top then everyone expects you to be there all the time

Tech is life likes this.
  9. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a cruel truth. Being one is hard.

10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats worrying... You guys should really complain to the school dept...

my physics teach was a new guy, the guy was good in nature like very very soft spoken and wouldn't decline if we ask questions even in off times....but the way he taught was a bit bland...he used to just read line by line of the chapter.

But it was ok cause we were in last year and we weren't really that confused...his open nature to answer anytime we asked just tipped the scale just enough XD.