Recommendations Is there any cultivation novels where MC focuses on soul/mind cultivation primarily?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sheeya, Oct 4, 2021.

1. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm looking for cultivation novels where MC has a strong soul or something which allows him to become very strong in soul/mind cultivation which he uses for combat primarily.

I have tried King of Gods where MC gets an eye power that allows him to use soul/mental abilities but didn't like it that much after a while, started out nice though.

2. Slief

Slief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. KirbyNerd9

KirbyNerd9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's pretty rare for a cultivation MC to focus on anything. They all seem to be the best at anything they try.

4. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you explain how the mental/soul power is used and also how the society is? I'm typically a much bigger fan of Ancient China types or medieval European whereas this looks to be futuristic modern.

It's definitely rare for a MC to focus on something, typically they want to do everything and for w/e reason they're the only in the universe that succeeds. I just dislike it when they want to do body cultivation on top of everything else. The Dao should be something more or less that's limitless, as such they should never be able to truly master it, only at the end of a novel they would have reached further than anyone else, so I think a MC should be someone who wholeheartedly focuses on a single thing and takes that to the peak, become a maniac if they have to.

Soul/mind cultivation and illusions and such are things rarely seen in a MC even if they're doing both Qi and Body cultivation so I'm hoping there might be a novel I've missed.

5. KirbyNerd9

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind body cultivation also being practiced, then the MC of Wu Dong Qian Kun does practice a type of mind cultivation but not until around a hundred chapters in.

6. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But does he fight primarily using mind techniques or is he mostly fighting with his fists or with weapons or other spells and just occasionally use his mind stuff? I'm mainly looking for a MC that uses mind/soul stuff as his main attack.

7. KirbyNerd9

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say he uses them about equally, but I haven't read the book in a couple years so that could be wrong.

8. arisla

arisla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Library of Heaven’s Path has an MC that’s op at everything but he has this soul cultivation that he’s used to sneak around places/get info, and he’s used it to fight several enemies.

however, his main focus is the ‘library’ he holds in his mind which helps him learn knowledge of many different ‘paths’. he also does several different types of cultivation, like spiritual and body and martial.

9. Slief

Slief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He uses Some kind of soul power, it's been like a year since I read it. But I remember him strengthning his soul to do telekinesis and stuff, btw the modern futuristic theme doesn't impact the story much, and when he finds the world beyond planet earth it gets real interesting.

I remember that focusing on soul cultivation was very difficult and only a few managed to do it and everyone of them ended up as prodigies and the MC was among them, he ended up discovering soul cultivation on earth and was the first to advance on the cultivation path using it too on earth before he found the world beyond it.

10. ishaan

ishaan I Eat Potatoes

Reading List:
    Link
    Archeon Eon Art
    MC's edge was his talent in soul cultivation and in the end he becomes one of the most powerful soul cultivators.
    Same author as Desolate Era, Highly Recommended