Spoiler For Stella

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lilacforyou99, Jul 5, 2021.

1. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so wait, um, did dana and arcane still buddy buddy with stella and edgar in the end??

Laerta and Fringed Goose like this.
  2. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup it was like that and Stella even wanted to hold a joint wedding i.e. marrying on the same day as r leads but Edgar ws tired due to the making of the dandelion garden so she dropped the idea.

3. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why? did Arcane okay with that? i just cant... comprehend it :blobastonished::blobastonished:

Fringed Goose, akera93 and Le_Tired like this.
  4. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arcane i think till the end of the story , its just what i think but he considered Edgar someone more like someone who came out himself to help him and less of a friend. What we see more is how the 4 protagonists relationships , thoughts, positions and affections change for each other as couples

Laerta likes this.
  5. nineknights

nineknights Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Relationships between two very young people only survive till adulthood if they mature and learn to compromise as time passes but clearly stella was not willing to do anything to bridge their differences, in a Relationship both people have to make sacrifices it being a one sided sacrifice would be Burdensome to the other person. If after all that happened in the first time-line stella still remained idealistic ,ignorant and willful she was also very inconsiderate and selfish as if she was still a 13 year old child .Her experiences did cause her to mature. They were a bad match from the start its not just due to status differences but it's because she wasn't willing to work hard and arcane was doing everything and also lost everything because of their relationship. Dana was the one he fell in love with as a lifetime companion someone who he could trust and share burdens . He learnt after the mistake with stella that u can't be with someone u can't and someone who isn't willing to trust u especially given his family and position .
    So in Modern terms if u will she(stella) was someone he fell in love with when he was younger and was in love with the idea of being in love .

shayna, syofiaa, Naant and 1 other person like this.
  6. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SO TRUE. (Technically, Stella is 15yo in the beginning of the story but being 15 instead of 13 doesn’t change the fact that she’s still immature and selfish b/c she’s a child. )

I have to compliment the author for making believable, flawed characters, they did a good job of recreating the personalities of impulsive teenagers. All 4 of them, to me at least, are not completely likable or dislikable, they’re just normal teenagers.
    Despite being unable to feel connected or deeply sympathize w/ any of the 4, I like this work b/c it shows that first loves don’t always work out and that’s OK; during your youth, you don’t always factor in reality and you slowly learn that real life problems can’t always be conquered by just LOVE.

If anything, showing careful consideration and evaluating whether that person’s personality is a good fit (steady, consistent Dana vs hot-headed, idealist Stella) w/ yours is closer to love IMO (b/c you’re trying to envision the future w/ practicality rather than just carelessly enjoying the moment).

The novel / manhwa also shows the growth of a character reflecting on his past mistakes, using that experience to make informed decisions rather than being in love w/ the idea of love.

Moving on from your first relationship is a normal part of life for most people. How else would we grow or know what we want if we don’t make “mistakes” from time to time?
    I sometimes feel guilty for hating on Stella so hard b/c I consciously know she’s a teenager….. I think it’s because the consequences to her behavior were so huge (giving away Arcane’s location to Edgar and unknowingly contributing to slaughter of Arcane’s family + their aides & vassals) coupled w/ scenes of her flirting w/ someone, who keeps drawing a line and saying they’re ENGAGED, is so off-putting.

Granted, the consequences to the behavior of modern day equivalent of Stella wouldn’t be as drastic as in this setting so I wouldn’t completely hate the real life or modern version though I’d still find their “not like other girls” character to be questionable…

I’ve said before on a previous post that you can’t help being attracted to someone sometimes but you do have the option of not acting on your feelings. It’s kind of awful to act besties to Dana and then kind of flirt w/ Dana’s fiancé (1st TL) at the same time…. Don’t be two faced, make up your mind. If you’re going to chase after someone’s man at least distance yourself?

I can’t imagine going after someone engaged or being in a situation where I tell someone “hey you’re my best friend and all but I’m in luv w/ your fiancé. Sorry I just can’t help it :((( the heart wants what the heart wants~” like the eff is wrong w/ you…
    In ch14(?) of the manhwa, during the moment where Arcane and Stella reunite after he won against CP & Edgar, I laughed so hard that I choked b/c Stella’s reaction was on the side of “YAY we can be together again :))) sorry about what I did, it was an accident :( I still luv u doee” and Arcane’s expression is just dead, soulless fisheyes b/c he just lost everything for one person he realized he didn’t really like….

LOL like give that poor boy some space, he’s emotionally dead. Don’t forget you partly caused his misfortune, be considerate towards him instead of prioritizing your feelings…..

7. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are my 2 cents based on reading English chapters + raws + spoilers:

The romance is a bit weird here. From all the signs we have, the MC will end up with her childhood friend. here's why that bothers me:

The ML didn't like her before. When he still hadn't lost any family members and before any tragedy struck, between the MC and Stella, he loved Stella romantically and at no point did he love the MC. After so many people around him died, he could no longer love Stella which makes sense since it feels like being with her came at the price of literally the lives of so many people. All this is fine. What bothers me is that it feels like he is mistaking "trauma over losing the MC + guilt" with "romantic love". I wouldn't mind him deciding to stay away from Stella because being with her ruined everything in the past timeline but why does this equal romantically loving his childhood friend? It would've been fine if he had PTSD and separation anxiety and wanted to be near the MC and all that but romance is too much.

From recent chapters, it seems like the ML genuinely loved Stella before. It's not one of those stories where the MC misunderstands things on her own and blindly tries to bush the original heroine and original ML together.
    If the ML didn't fall for the MC under normal circumstances, then it's not love when he just wants to be with her because she died for him and because being with the person he originally loved ended in tragedy.

8. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same here. Arcane's behavior is quite 'chaotic-trauma'; so when he meet with Dana again, he's being, um obsessive-pushover toward losing someone precious (not in romantic terms). So, he might confusing his action as love. didnt someone told us that Arcane proposing Dana? imo, its too soon, for both of them. Dana unaware of her own feelings to Arcane due Stella, and Arcane is a mess, i believe he's rushing things cus he didnt want to lose anything at the current TL. They need their own time to settle things between them, peacefully.

and tbh, ik its youth romance theme, but, srly, didnt Arcane and Dana, like 20++ (if we combine both their age before and after?) am i the only one who think they should waaaay better off with Stella and Edgar?? why they have to be buddy buddy?? WHYYYY!!!!!?????? can anybody do this in rl?? cus i cant!!!! :blobcurse::blobcurse::blobcurse:

smeilia likes this.
  9. LaMarquise15

LaMarquise15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we’re all trying to apply logic to a novel that has major plot holes and running in circles :blob_grin:

My biggest complaint overall is that I don’t find any of the characters appealing and that results in not having anyone to cheer for or empathize with. I guess the only one I kinda like is OG Dana, for being selfless and kind, but current Dana is just one of the many isekaid lead obsessed with sticking to the novel plot (at least until now).

lullabiee and Le_Tired like this.
  10. Jung-shi

Jung-shi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hayst! It is really frustrating! I love Dana and I sympathize with her everytime however choosing Arcane as a lifetime partner is a little bit off knowing that his love is too confusing how can he loved Stella and Dana at the same time... We probably knows that he love Dana as a precious childhood friend and Stella as a lover... They are right having mental illness isn't an excuse to love someone... It is guilt...and it is so pretentious... That's why I like to have another ML where the MC can be free and happy without thinking about the original plot and the events that took her life... I hope she forget Arcane and Stella

11. Bloodyrabbit07

Bloodyrabbit07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's that no one gonna translate this novel? I can provide the raw of the novel (I bought it but I can't read it) :blob_teary:

AmyAmiera likes this.
  12. xxxyoshino

xxxyoshino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Kind of a spoiler maybe?) I’m not sure how far off the english translations are but I think in the recent chapter of the manhwa, Arcane said that he’d be happy as long as Dana is alive, even if she ends up with someone else. So he he’s not really going after her right now. He’s probably just hoping and making sure she’ll live her life well and if possible, he’s there to see that.
    Well so far we can’t say exactly whether Arcane never had feelings for Dana cause it seems she used to always shut him off during their childhood when it comes to anything romantic then proceeded to push him off to Stella.
    Not gonna lie as good the portrayal of being in love with the ‘idea of love’ is, I’m still a bit on the fence with his relationship with Stella before, not because I want him to love Dana and only Dana (I get that it’s really easy to have crushes and all) but I can’t help but think if Edgar didn’t plot all of that, or if somehow Stella did mature enough, then Dana’s love would have probably never come about and Arcane would have never really seen her (because he was already engaged to Stella then all of that happened). Like I guess I would’ve preferred it if his people wouldn’t have had to die and she didn’t have to sacrifice herself for him to realize that tho I’m not hating on him though. Then again, it’s not like the Dana we know sacrificed herself just for Arcane but also for her own reasons (although I’m pretty sure she’ll still do it for Arcane cause she does seem to care a lot about him). And besides there might be so much more still to be uncovered.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    nanu00, roseO, ELtein and 3 others like this.
  13. ajiyan_fatemi

ajiyan_fatemi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone spoil me about some DanaxArcane moments?

14. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really thought I wouldn’t like this story since it seemed like the ML chose one over the other, but knowing what I know now and what I have read, this story is truly one of a kind, no love conquers all, no forgetting the 2nd female or male lead since they were just there as decorations no this story is about friendship, relationships, love, betrayal, and regrets.

The ML surprised me, I thought he really was a scum that regretted his bad actions after the result was out, but lo and behold it wasn’t what he did, it was what he didn’t do (George Jones), it seems that he actually had feelings for the MC, but seeing as she was busy pushing him to someone else and looking happy for the most part, he decided to let it go without ever getting those feelings talked about, he just buried it and continued on with Stella. Fast forward to when everything is finished and he survived, he realized that he no longer has anything to live for since who was keeping him going didn’t exist anymore, and that must have hurt like a s.o.b. So yeah it reminds me a little if I eased my childhood friend as a tyrant because of the MC not caring about anyone other than herself, and forgetting the people she leaves behind.

Can someone tell me why it is so necessary to follow the plot even though your “fated” to die?

I might not be able to get the protagonists to love me, but human beings have self preservation instincts I find it wholly unlogical for someone not to even try to save themselves.

Can anybody recommend villainess novels where the MC actually care about keeping herself alive, and loving who she loves back without forever wondering in their mind that the ML loves the FL when he hasn’t even met her.

Milliana and Aron Dare like this.
  15. xxxyoshino

xxxyoshino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda understand Dana on this one. She was forcibly taken from her own world, then suddenly living in another. No matter how hard your previous life maybe, there are probably going to be several reasons why you’d want to get back like your family, friends, lover, job, passion, or really just attachment to how you were living before. It seemed Dana had a good life before she was transmigrated so it’s quite understandable that she’d want to get back. Kind of like wanting to get back home when you’re suddenly kidnapped to another country, because even if you’re treated well, you can’t just all of a sudden abandon what you left unless you have a really complex reason right.
    She also kind of looks at the current world she’s living in as a the novel’s world, not how other heroine’s would act like ‘this isn’t the real world I should just bail’ but like it isn’t her world and she has her own one so she wants to get back there. She does realize things can be different from the story, that’s why she tries to make sure that the main events do happen so that she’ll be able to get back.
    So she isn’t really just blindly wanting to follow the plot, like how some heroines do just cause it is the plot. She just wants to get back that badly that she’d take a sword to the back. I think the manhwa and novel both shows and will show more how she struggles with suddenly becoming another person and wanting to go back to her own reality which I think is more realistic than suddenly just accepting that you’re in a different world in cases of transmigration.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    shayna likes this.
  16. Aron Dare

Aron Dare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He loved Dana ? I mean, there was a spoiler alluding to it, but wasn't emphasised upon, so I didn't remember it. But he truly LOVED her? Because that makes the story and his thought process 10 times better and understandable.

17. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anybody recommend villainess novels where the MC actually care about keeping herself alive, and loving who she loves back without forever wondering in their mind

I get what you’re saying in MC’s case since it wasn’t specifically stated that she had an accident or died in her previous world.

I guess I’m projecting so many other villainess novels with that trope of forcing the leads to do something they don’t want to, disregarding their feelings, and just being oblivious to everything around them.

From what I read in the manhwa it is implied in his POV that he cared for her more than a friend, but she only saw him as a brother, so when he met someone vivacious and outgoing as the OFL it was the perfect time for him to move on from a sinking ship so to say. And when everything goes to shit, she dies, he survives, and won his battles at the end he just felt empty because he finally realized that who was really deep rooted into his heart was the MC all along. Maybe I misinterpreted, but that is how I understood his feelings.

Celtifox likes this.
  18. potatohunn

potatohunn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In this timeline, Arcane is claiming to love Dana. If it was really 'love', then why wasn't he able to love Dana before? So now that she saved him and he realized Stella's shitty personality, he now loves her? And he also found out that she knows about the past. Wouldn't he think that Dana might be hurt with the thought that all those years of Dana loving him, just after the tragedy he was able to say that he loves her? Like man, his feelings were too unreliable. In my perspective he's just consoling himself, shaking the guilt that he was the cause of Dana's death.
    Despite all my rants, all I want to say is he doesn't deserve Dana. :blobconfused:

Dana is very kind, she's more like the female lead type than Stella. I actually like her gentleness and kindness but I'm not in favor of her, tolerating Stella's attitude. Just because Stella is the female lead, and will be Arcane's lover, she already firmed herself to have a favorable and positive impression of her.

And this Stella is simply an uncultured brat. As far as I know, she's a daughter of a poor low-ranking noble. Then why did she grew up a spoiled brat? I mean, she's acting like she's the fvcking princess of the whole world. She's very rude even to someone in a higher status than her and picks a fight with everyone. I literally want to examine Edgar's and Arcane's eyes, maybe there was a bug in there.
    Oh, I don't hate Stella but she's veryyy~ unlikable. :blobhyperthink:

He's amazing. It's very admirable that not only he was able to tolerate Stella's attitude all those years, he even fell in love with her. Now, I proved my assumption. Edgar is blind and missing some loose screws.:blobpopcorn_two:

19. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ayo, CP and eugene framed him and killed his family remember????
    cuz he got scared his family gets strong, influenced the noble society and the commoners and all that lot. CP is not likeable for me or thats just me

Naant likes this.
  20. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways, what happend to CP again???