Resolved !Fighting Ring

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by KronosTL, Oct 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KronosTL

KronosTL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    !Closed

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what's in it for the translators?

Your title is "[PAID] Recruiting CN, Korean Translator and MTLer" but the payment model you included is on Translator's initiative.

Translators host on your website but you profit from the traffic and ads while they have to wait for donations.

Better just host at other platforms that give translators a share or just use a free blogs.

Solus likes this.
  3. pleasepickthisup

pleasepickthisup ✨pretty✨

Reading List:
    Link
    What genre of stories are you looking for?

4. KronosTL

KronosTL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please read my post carefully, I said we will provide raw for any novel they will translating from b.faloo.com (this is a paywall site so it's so rare to see an mtl or human translation) and also I said it on my post they can monitize there translation without us taking any fee. And we will help them on what system they will use for monitization.

You can pick any genre you like, you'll be the one choosing stories and we will just provide raw.

5. ai19

ai19 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I'm very much interested in being a kr translator. I'm fluent in written english and understand a bit of korean, so as long as it's kr-en and not vice versa I believe I can do a good job. Please contact me if you're interested!

6. KronosTL

KronosTL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I message you

7. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    So why you used [PAID] in your title. That's misleading. The monetization is on the Translator's initiative. It's theirs, not yours. The only thing you're doing is giving the translators raws, they'll translate, they put the works on your site, they get the donations from the readers, which part of this includes you paying them?

Don't say you're paying them with raws and hosting space. Unless you have a license those raws are obtained illegally and there's quite a number of places that share raws illegally for free. Free hosting space? There's other groups and platforms that provide free hosting with adrev cuts.

So again, how is this [PAID]?

Edit: To clarify, I mean I want to know how you are paying the translators.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  8. dumbsage

dumbsage New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bro, you're overacting, it's not like this is first time in novelupdates right? And bro, he's right, it's hard to get faloo raw even on pirate site there are only few, that's why it's rare to see a human translation or machine translation because even if you bypass their paywall, all the vip chapter is in image format and not only that, all sentence in image have underline which is imposible to get 90+% accuracy in ocr. They are too strict in copyright. And also bro, he put an information in his post that even me can know what he mean by paid and it all depends on someone if they will join.

9. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm asking obvious questions here, how is that over reacting? Because I like to be clear and explain myself clearly?

I'm not judging them about sharing raws, look around. This is a site that's made up of mostly pirates. What I want him to clarify is how he's gonna pay the translators since he used PAID on his title.

Let me be more obvious why I'm questioning his use of [PAID] since it's not obvious enough.

So this guy provides the raws. Maybe he bought them himself, maybe he got them from other pirates. He takes this raws and provide them to the translators. These translators would then translate and post the chapters on his website. So what do we have now?

Owner: advertisements
    Translators: donation account and buttons

Adrev, this thing is ongoing. The longer you have them, the more traffic you got on your site, the more people gather on your site, you'll profit and you'll get paid either way. The more novels and chapters you have on your site, the more traffic you can get.

Donations, now this is tricky. A translator can publish 20, 30, 50 chapters and have none or one donations only. Let's say a translator posted 30 chapters a month but did not get any donations at all. Does this constitute as pay? Translator got nothing and has to wait for readers to donate.

You might call this over reacting but there might be translators or new translators who wants this clarified, anything involving currency transactions should be said clearly. From what I'm reading here, the one that is paying the translators are the readers via donation. Not this guy who's providing the platform. It's not a PAID recruitment because no one is paying the translators.

10. dumbsage

dumbsage New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bro did you not read it carefully, he said the translator can freely monitize their translation without them taking a share and they will help setting it up, it's a clear opportunity since what they are translating is unique, it can't be found on other website. They already have advantage with this one, and also did you think putting an ads on a website can earn more money? ask some website owner here in novelupdates so that you will know, especially that this group is new, and also did you not notice? there's no lock in contract or something like that, this means they can leave anytime, there's also no schedule requirement or minimum requirement to post chapter. So that means they can upload chapter or not depends on them. So let me ask you? you still think that he's taking an advantage?
    first, the hosting cost, based on the speed of his site, it might not be cheap, and also, the theme he use in his website have no pirated copy on the internet that means he buy it legally also managing a website is not easy. Second the raw cost, faloo novel is not cheap as you think. And also the ocr cost (let's say he use free but still the labor, you need to cut one image chapter into many parts to make the ocr more accurate.) The owner can only earn through ads ( and still not sure if he really putting ads on his website since he did not say it), and do you think he can earn much many ? even a website that have 2 million visits a day only earn 20$ or less a day, what's more this is a new group. And when the translator suddenly leave it's much worse. bro sometimes, we need to use our brain, okay? it's common sense that what he mean by paid is depends on the translator, if they want to translate to make money, then they can monitize their translation like pay to read or pay for advance chapter, the owner give them a unique content and for them to earn depends on them, if they are only translating for fun then they can translate twice a week or one a month. They are free, no ristriction based on the owner post.

11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you speaking for him? He has his own account, then he can reply. You're not him, he's still active, let him reply. I'm asking him, not you.

smh, OP. It's an honest inquiry regarding your website and your system but you decide it's better to close things down by removing the whole thing instead :blobconfused:

12. dumbsage

dumbsage New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bro, are you sure you are using your brain? he already answer you but you didn't understand. And of course he will close this post because it already lost its purpose which is to recruit, do you think this post still appropriate to recruit? it's not that i'm helping him but dang, there's not even a translator who ask the same question like you instead they are asking something that makes sense. (and based on your profile you're mostly not a translator, ohh I see, so it's because of this)

13. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    What is wrong with you? I'm trying to be civil here but you kept being insulting. I asked a question about his website.

He himself said it's a PAID recruitment. I asked how he's paying the translator. I pointed out that the options he gave are not paying the translators.

You use your brain. There's other Recruitment threads on this subforum. Almost all the paid threads include how the translators are going to get their cuts.

The only thing this guy said was helping set up the donation accounts for the translators and preparing a platform for them to host. Nothing was said how he's going to PAY the translators because he's not paying them.

Don't label it PAID if you're not going to pay the translators. It's not you paying them, it's the readers.

14. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Locking this thread. Use your own account to reply next time instead of acting like someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.