Spoiler The Devil / 마귀

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gothita, Aug 25, 2020.

?

THE DEVIL novel has 227 chapters, Ongoing . Do you guys think the Ending will be Tragedy? T-T

Poll closed Jul 9, 2021.
  1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. jsemere

jsemere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I'm so confused as hell after reading a few chapters I can't take it anymore Google translate made my brain cells paralysed:DI don't know what I am reading, can't understand a hell so please correct me if I'm wrong friends! The Duke Mir Valdemar obviously knew John like Anette from the beginning (no wonder why he played a role in seperating them) so He's infertile right? because he couldn't fathered any child despite having lots of mistress and also during the first few years of marriage they didn't have children but after the sarcophagus arrived then 9 months later the late Duchess gave birth to John and Anette also the third child murdered by Griselda so please correct me here was all the three children born using the power of the sarcophagus?? because I suspect it to be like that oh the disgusting thing is he abused his wife and sadly she died at 29 if I'm not mistaken.

Marie_0720, Arye, its0k and 3 others like this.
  2. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf he knew too??? I’m always surprised by how fucked up the story is lmao It’s still one of my favorite manhwa’s tho

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  3. Chaerfry_Catblue

Chaerfry_Catblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lady devil is back! New cover and three new chapters focused on johannes!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rin.rinaaa, Tt123, BluePoodle and 7 others like this.
  4. SakuraCitra

SakuraCitra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally new chapter in season 2, cant wait any longer but must be patient.

Maria2516, boom2424 and jsemere like this.
  5. jsemere

Reading List:
    Link
    Young John looks Cute! Hah but the story is going to be a hell of a ride .

6. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    I check in ridibooks, and they release 3 chapter for season 2, cant wait to the update, based on the cover this season will be Johannes POV right? So the timeline will get many flashbacks

7. BluePoodle

BluePoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't waiiiiit!!! Looking forward to Johannes perspective to piece the story together.

Mermaidluvly likes this.
  8. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    3 chapter already update in ne**oki, i just cant understand about John's memory about Idris, did he only have Idris memory or that memory is his own all along? Like his soul is Idris, but I still curious when John call "Annete" and then "Giovenita" like he another person in the end of chap 59

Maria2516 likes this.
  9. jsemere

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah its so confusing:blobdizzy:just my theory I think John has Idris Soul and memory with Xavier's body and the demon,like a separate entity coz Idris's Dad attached his body with a demon if I'm not mistaken and Xavier was revived using the formula or whatever he stole from his father Kretchmann for the sake of Giovenetta! but Xavier was like a walking zombie after being revived from death so who knows aargh! hope the author comes back and revealed it instead of Povs of the characters in the novel.

syofiaa likes this.
  10. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, Idris really revived Xavier?? You read it from the novel isnt it?

I just look from the raw manhwa and maybe Idris transform as a demon then he died and Krestchman separate his body part in 9 coffin.

11. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it’s mentioned in the last chapter of season 1.

527A6891-8996-4144-B6A7-D34C999F06A8.jpeg
    3C4A30E9-B171-4E2A-AE6B-E24EDCB43C04.jpeg EA92BE08-0961-4C2B-A079-522BD3B190FA.jpeg
    BB30EE43-B0F2-41F1-9D41-933ACBF5CA95.jpeg

-

F5BFC323-D3B5-4C3D-8F61-CDD5376F3430.jpeg
    734392F4-2785-48E7-8155-D0F4E7F9469D.jpeg 515FB863-1AAA-46AA-B4D7-9DEEA13DDDC7.jpeg

this is after he saw her kissing Xavier

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  12. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh alright, thanks for explain it, I dont read translate of chapter 60 yet so I dont understand.
    So maybe Giovenita do something or she betrays Idris and choose Xavier. I hope the background will be explain asap cus I really curious :eek:

Maria2516 and Wapdyne like this.
  13. jsemere

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading chapter 65 raw I'm so angry and disgusted at those young boys action towards little Idris just because they belong to upper class doesn't mean they can treat another human as animal, hanging and drowning someone,on one hand Anette as a woman is treated like shit, abused and viewed only as sex object meanwhile the lower class like Idris humiliated, bullied and abused.Sad but true this story is a dark reality of how evil human can be regardless of age or society.It breaks my heart :cry:whenever Idris's story pops up,now I get why many Korean readers said Idris's pov was so heartbreaking that they cried. Aaah John is guilty too but cannot totally hate him or blame him for everything when you are born in such a toxic environment with toxic parents and used only as tools to gain wealth and status damn you!:mad: Kretchmann and Mir Valdemar for being trash Daddies!

boom2424, Tt123, Maria2516 and 2 others like this.
  14. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    The ironic fact, Xavier also take a part as evil people who tortue Idris, and I guess Giovenita also use him.
    The best thing about Lady Devil, the translate version will update in manta date 15 this month

boom2424, DOHere and jsemere like this.
  15. BluePoodle

BluePoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, new chapters are out!! I have to say, Idris side of the story is super interesting. Really looking forward to where this story is going.
    It's super interesting how he sees sex as something that hurts a woman and that's why he is glad that they are twins!

syofiaa, Elren, boom2424 and 3 others like this.
  16. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    So thats why he always say "Im sorry Annete" and "Forgive me." Cause deep inside his heart since they know as a twin in society and grow together with the same eyes, same hair and same face but different gender he still want to protect and love Annete as his beloved sister. He crying because he realised he broke his promise to never hurt Annete and never touch her cus his true nature as devil

syofiaa, boom2424, Samus93 and 2 others like this.
  17. speechlesscat69

speechlesscat69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finish reading the latest chapter of manhwa and it is just me that find the most pitiful chara here is Idris and John? Idris who was treated lower than animals and John who is used as a tool and now confused of his own identity. Tbh, i don't like previous and current Anette. I just saw some tidbits about Xavier but I already have a feeling that he is a bad person along with his twin sister Giovanetta. Current Annette is a walking contradiction. I somehow pity her circumstances but nahh.. I just really don't sympathize her character. It is also always interesting to see this kind of love where love and hate coexist. Again, i really pity Idris and John.. of all the charas here, I wish that they will find peace in the end..

So far from what I understand till the latest chap of the manhwa is..
    -Anette is the only 'true' heir of Valdemar
    -John is a devil born together with Anette because of Anette's mother first wish which is to have a son.
    -John took his human form after the second wish Anette's mother made.
    -I think Anette's mom made a third wish but I couldn't remember what it was.
    -Winfried is not their biological brother but an illegitimate child of a priest and a maid
    -Criselda killed Anette's real/biological younger brother. Took Winfried and raised him as a Valdemar
    -Winfried knew about Anette's mother wishes with the docummons devil because Criselda's confession, he also knew what is the real relationship between Anette and John , Winfried also knew about his true identity
    -Winfried is in love (not sure if that's truly love he felt) with his nanny
    - Criselda (Winfried's nanny) knew about John's identity. What Anette's mom did in the past.
    -John killed Anette's first husband
    -Anette's remarried Idridson to get away from John?
    -Anette and John got separated for a year after Anette remarried and stayed at the Idridson castle
    -Winfried sent John a letter pretending to be Anette
    -John then rescued/re-claimed Anette and killed all the people in the Idridson castle
    -Henrik (Idridson's youngest son) survive. Met Annette while she is staying in an Inn
    -Time skip of two years and we got John's POV
    -Valdemar and Docummons should die. They are the real devils here.
    -¿Hundreds of years ago? There was a twin named Xavier and Giovenetta Valdemar who looks exactly like Johanes and Anette (just different eye color. They have pair of golden eyes)
    -Idris was Kretschmann's son
    -Kretschmann is researching on how to resurrect his dead wife
    -Idris was being bully/harrass by noble kids
    -Idris met Xavier and Xavier pretended to rescue Idris from noble kids
    -Idris then met Giovenetta and fell in love with her
    -I think Xavier met an accident or died along the way and Giovenetta used Idris to resurrect him
    -Kretschmann is furious because Idris gave his research to Giovenetta and she used that trying to bring back Xavier
    -Now, Kretschmann is punishing Idris thru John?
    -John is a devil that eventually acquired human's emotion as he grows up but is now getting confused as he is seeing Idris memories..

May I ask if the novel is already completed or still ongoing? Or, is it just the side stories which are still ongoing? Could some one please give some summarize or major events till latest chap of the novel? pleaaaaasssee

18. Ciddos

Ciddos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if it is not much trouble for you i also like to have it [email protected]

boom2424 likes this.
  19. cdd123

cdd123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know about y’all but I personally find John’s story to be more pitiful. Betrayed and abused by Giovanette and Her brother in the first life, his Mother died, his father is trying to resurrect her, and to top it off, he goes and falls in love with his pretty capturer.

Flash forward a hundred years later, he was born as a devil but gained a human conscious. He is still tormented by his nightmares every night about his identity. While he desperately loves Annette as she is his only solace, she is also the one who pushes him into despair in his nightmares. His mother hates him, his wet nurse hates him, and his father’s a dick. Honestly, little John was such a innocent cinnamon roll, he doesn’t deserve this. Commenters complain about why he didn’t help Annette, but he was just a child as well. Of course he’s afraid of his mother, who by the way, freaking strangled and stabbed him, and his father who beats others up in his stead to teach him lessons. All this as a 7 year old who’s also dealing with the fact that he might not be a human, but a ‘disgusting’ monster. With all these negative influences pulling him every which way, it’s surprising that he managed to grow into a arguably decent ‘human being.’ Comparatively to Annette, who was locked up in a tower, I don’t think his situation was much better off either, at least she had people who loved her/ someone she can talk to (the nurse cherished her and even the freaking mother loved her). He doesn’t get to learn how to read either or free to learn/live like a child should because, again, his father’s a douche. Annette sees her husband killed, she gets traumatized, while he gets sent to WAR as at 13?.

I generally don’t like to compare abused victims, but I detest seeing an abused person become an abuser (maybe it’s an expectation of sympathy or a disappointment at how things turned out). Annette repeatedly emotionally and physically abuses John’s again and again, by what seems mood swing, while he is always thinking about her. Being abused doesn’t excuse everything(else John is completely in the clear with all his tragedies), John’s not having the best time of his life either. It’s selfish how she doesn’t see beyond that. Everything single thing he does is for her, and he does feel guilty whenever he hurts her in anyway. She on the other hand just gets off on his suffering because she is wrapped up in her own victim complex and tainting him on his perceived pedestal that she stubbornly insist on blaming him for everything wrong with her life. Even counting the rapes (the first was involuntary), I still believe that she was the worst abuser in this relationship. It’s especially upsetting considering that this is a repeat of his first life (where he literally did nothing to her yet still suffers).
    My man deserves better. His life will get so much better if they part ways. She’ll be able to stand on her feet, and chase after that freedom she wants, and he will finally be free.

jsemere, DOHere, fourthhorse4 and 2 others like this.
  20. SakuraCitra

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that both John and Annette are suffering, John is suffering with his condition in the past but in the next life he is a free man compared to Annette. John may not have people who genuinely love him, but he has freedom that Annette doesn't, Annette has a mother and caregiver who "loves her" but keeps her from being free, she doesn't even know how the food she eats comes from and to me it's not love but torture. John's wish is simple, he only wants Annete and because he is not human he doesn't understand very well about how humans live and wants freedom, he only knows that the cruel outside world is very harsh and he doesn't want Annete to experience that cruelty. These two people end up only hurting each other, Annete who wants freedom but is very blind that the world outside is more cruel than the world inside the palace, while John who knows how cruel the world outside is finally chooses that Annete musn't know it and stays in her comfort zone. now that is actually torturous for Annette herself.

their best option should be to separate, either one ends up dying or both die. But if they end up together, maybe they can live happily ever after just not for long. Annette is a human and John is a demon where I read chapter 70 of the manhwa, John is an immortal demon so before he is finally sealed in 9 chests, meaning that Annete's age will be different from John's and because John is not human I doubt they will have children. and that meant the pure lineage of Ducomunn and Valdemar would end when Annette died.