Recommendations Any cultivation novels where every Cultivation Minor Stage is huge increase?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sheeya, Oct 8, 2021.

1. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Minor Spoilers)So recently I found this webnovel named Paragon of Sin, so far my favourite cultivation novel written originally in English. Something I found to be very interesting with this novel is that almost every individual minor stage in a cultivation realm was almost like it's own realm. So power increase is pretty huge between each minor stage and fighting above your cultivation requires many factors.

For example, typically in most cultivation novels you enter a new realm and there is a big change (new powers) with a big power increase, and the small stages is basically just a power increase with no changes. In some novels the power increase is seemingly very small so "geniuses" still manage to skip multiple stages, and in other novels each stage has a pretty big power increase with nothing else.

So in Paragon of Sin when you go between minor stages in a cultivation realm there is instead changes after almost every minor stage. So going from Qi Condensation Stage 1 to Stage 2 is like breaking through a new cultivation realm and the power changes is pretty huge.

So I'm basically looking for something similar, it doesn't have to be exact but I do want there to be a huge difference between each minor stage in power, even in the Qi Condensation (1st Cultivation Realm) Stages. I've read a couple of novels recently where even though MC has started cultivating he can still have trouble facing ordinary "mortals" that has trained their bodies.

mikola7946 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sage Monarch" comes to mind kind of sort of, well, more or less

3. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial God Asura. There are 9 levels for each realm but a rank 4 half martial emperor can never beat a rank 5 half martial emperor. Unless he got a HEAVENDEFYINGBATTLEPOWERCAPABLEOFSURMOUNTINGONECULTIVATIONLEVEL or more. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Except after being beaten, you can plot power up like 5 minor realms and be a 9 and bully a 5 and his 6 father, 7 grandfather and 8 ancestor. Until you have to run from their founding father that's a 9/quasi higher tier.

6. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. Btw, how high is your heaven defying fap power?:blobpeek:

7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's just say i rise to the occasion. :blobpeek:

8. sheeya

sheeya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea like I said in the post, I'm looking for this to be the case very early on. In MCs starting-world the half martial emperor is very very high up and in the early stages as far as I remember each cultivation stage difference was non-existant pretty much.

In most cultivation novels people can't fight above their cultivation levels (like in MGA) unless they're a "genius". But in such cases they typically only need one advantage to allow them to fight above their cultivation. It could be a higher level technique, it could be that they had some special resource or found a fruit that made their qi a bit denser, or you had some sword comprehension etc. Tiny things is what I mean.

But in Paragon of Sin I mean it when I say there is many factors required to fight above your cultivations.

1. Foundation - in PoS there is many many different types of foundations, basically you choose your path. For example you choose sword path then you will create a qi-heart or something which will let you create sword qi but only that and nothing else (something like that). So the path you choose can determine alot what kind of powerlevel you can reach. And then within this path there is many factors that determine what level this foundation is at.
    2. Intent (there are many different kinds of intent) and there are different levels to this intent from weaker to strong.
    3. At some cultivation stages you can breakthrough after you have achieved a certain something at that stage, but it's also possible to reach a higher level before you breakthrough which will improve your foundation.
    4. Comprehension
    5. Techniques

And more. And when I speak about intent and foundation there's so many variations which will determine your level of strength and even when you have multiple of these variations at a high level, it is still somewhat difficult to fight above your level. Only because MC has reached the peak of foundations (due to special circumstances) can he fight above his cultivation level, and that is mostly because the people he is fighting almost all of them have a mid-low level foundation (basically there is a huuuuuge gap) - even then he can only fight like 3 cultivation stages higher.

And if MC had the same kind of superior foundation in something like MGA then he would be fighting like 2 realms above his cultivation, so a martial king fighting a martial emperor.