Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Zuraida

Zuraida Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also want to see it...just watched episode 38 in Indonesian...and what will the king do to undine..???

Arryetty and MangaCommission like this.
  2. Caliii

Caliii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the shitty father just hates her because his wife died on the accident? There is no such thing as being brainwashed or what so ever? I cant forgive him, he can just stay being shitty and gets retribution later on. I have read the raws from newtoki so i find this quite frustrating i saw lots of hateful characters asbsbshdhd this is really hateful what will happen to our cute litte el and undine plus i think the emperor's power was quite shady ashsjsjsjs Although i do not like the ml, i disagree with their divorce, why did the mc agree on being the emperors dog??

MishaArnon likes this.
  3. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    El is back home now but he seems sick in today’s chapter. These people must like to kidnap him and use him against his parents because even after the parents remarry, the empress and a cohort of the temple (or some other organization) wants to kidnap him again to use as leverage.

cjburaira, bigredqueen, Ahmya and 9 others like this.
  4. Gushishi

Gushishi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

What is the name of the novel then? Seems interesting. Thank you.

5. Raphe

Raphe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He remembers his life before the return. If he thought that what he did was fair and excusable then he will have done the same thing all over again. But he saw what he did was wrong and he decided to support his wife in this life. So even him, recognize his bad actions against his wife.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  6. MangaCommission

MangaCommission Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the death turned him entirely insane. But he is still an insane person with status and wealth, which is a dangerous combination to let him do whatever he please, no logic behind or consequences feared.

What a gentle revenge

Link please?

Kirarapot and SofiyeJaan like this.
  7. Sata_chan300

Sata_chan300 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was the real ending I loved the way u made him suffer with

kurohamukami likes this.
  8. zenn114

zenn114 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg I kinda like this scene. So after that, what happen?

And also, can somebody tells me which chapter of the novel is correlated with the current 37th chapter of the manhwa? Bcs I want to get a grip of this manhwa's pace.

9. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
  10. RedRuchi

RedRuchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

First of all, common ML bashing aside, there lot of wrong facts in this, this is not Abandoned Empress 2.0, when the Duke V., FL’s father proposed to ML the deal of marrying FL but ignoring her, ML rejects it. Later, when he saw that Duke V. was killing people who were by his side, like supporters, vassals and aides, he had to take the deal (to save their life too). ML rises to the position of Duke H., later when FL is pregnant, he is shown happy and immediately tries to go to FL (breaking the deal of ignoring her), Duke V., stops him half-way, ML still insists on going but Duke V., informs him of assassins placed around her who would kill her and the child. Duke makes this threats repeatedly whenever ML tried to go to FL. Due to interference of Imperial Family too and being a Young Duke, ML was helpless in his own house where FL lived. That Monica, black-haired woman was someone who Duke V. sent to his house. ML tries to run away from her and tries various methods so FL and Monica won’t meet but the rumours around them (spread by Monica and Duke V.) lead FL to believe they having affair. He was powerless at home so couldn’t even remove Monica. Later when FL is giving birth, he was outside, not allowed inside by maids telling them to save both not just the baby. After FL gives birth, he sees that FL is in weak state physically and mentally to take care of herself with child (his biggest mistake), he takes child away (doesn’t give to Monica) that he will return the child when she grows little stronger. Then the skip in intro chapter, ML is lead to battlefield for 6 years, no idea what is happening that FL wasn’t united with child, child growing close to Monica instead that even he can’t take him away at this point, FL was locked away in that mansion all these years and when ML finally meets FL, she is already close to death and ML is helpless to do anything. It isn’t that ML very much loved FL but he respected and wished her well like wife & a fellow survivor of the criticism & assassination attempts that similarly followed ML and his mother. There was helplessness that FL felt that was also felt (slight less that FL probably) by ML because of which he couldn’t protect her. ML is always has indifferent and cold face since child, so even when his son confronted him he had that face. While watching the fragments, he recalled all the feelings he felt when during FL’s death and the helplessness. When he finally sees what FL daily looked at (El, child playing with spirits and in garden) he realises what FL felt and wished to turn it back, which he did and then he places the precautions to protect all 3 of them when he knows what happens in future. The feeling ML develop for FL is in second life. In the first Life, ML and FL both didn’t take control of their life and worked like puppets of emperor and Duke, eventually leading to both their demise, but in their second life both of them take charge of their narrative with previous life knowledge and work together to protect their child.

In conclusion, ML and FL were both helpless even inside their home because of outside interference, don’t just expect Male Lead to be the only one to be the strong one and protect everyone, when he is in the same situation as FL. (Which he is if you read his POV and other characters one and not start bashing in just first few chapter while also misleading others stating opinions as facts {this is regarding many other comments I saw} ) In reality, it is very difficult for one human to take responsibility of all the lives. Both Parents and Lords (Duke and Duchess) are responsible. You don’t blame only father for being neglecting if both parents are neglecting. First story life is about 2 parents who are helpless to protect their child and 2nd life is both parents fighting together with previous life knowledge to protect the child.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  11. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we are all here just too see when he will suffer yhe father

12. RedRuchi

RedRuchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, ML doesn’t give the child to his ex, that is something done by FL’s father while ML was in battlefield. (she wasn’t even his ex, just a fiancé arranged before that he broke off with) And keeping in mind, this story starts from one person’s prospective without that person knowing what was happening most of the time (because FL is confined in a mansion till her death by her father) and when other’s perspective of what happened are added, then true events are revealed. Read more chapters or posts to understand the story before labelling “trashy husband” titles. ML isn’t the trashy husband who goes back to his ex and give the child to her. ML is trashy for taking the child away and not encouraging his wife to be hold her child (like he did in 2nd life) in first life, interpreting that FL is weak after birth mentally and physically to take care of herself along with child. Don’t copy paste other novel story into another novel and go with ML/husband-bashing trend. This isn’t white washing his mistakes here with sad emotional background story (which fyi also is done in most villainess & regression stories), this story is with 2 regressions and told from 2 people’s perspective.
    There are lot of stories where ML are trash but this isn’t the one. ML didn’t realise “only” when his son showed fragments about FL, he realised before just regretted it at that moment enough to reverse time.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  13. ayuufz

ayuufz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoiler please

14. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys please stop the discussion and opinions
    WE KNOW YOU HATE/LIKE ML.

PLEASE I WANTED SPOILER ABOUT TRASH FATHER, I WANT TO HEAR HIM SUFFER

Hln1231, Ghost123 and bigredqueen like this.
  15. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m slowly reading through the chapters in the 90s because Kakao only allows one free chapter a day. I chose to start in the middle otherwise it will take forever to get to the end.
    Where I started, it’s after Raina divorced Edgar and some time must have passed because she’s a Count now and has her own home. Raina and Edgar decided to start dating and so she invited him to her house for breakfast. When they get there El was coming down the stairs and surprised to see his father. El seem to have a good relationship with both his parents. His father carries him a lot too. The problem is, when the three were getting ready to leave on a delegation, Edgar was talking privately with another man and the topic of discussion was the fact that he has only three months left to live. I don’t know what happened to him prior to this. Maybe he was poisoned or something. The man is urging Edgar that he shouldn’t do this delegation because it can deteriorate his condition. Since Edgar insists on still going, the man said he will come too to watch over him.

Now Raina has been a bit suspicious because Edgar keeps looking haggard but he makes the excuse that he’s tired which is true because traveling is taking a toll on his condition. The delegation goes to Raina’s mother house and there Raina learns that she was born there and lived there for three years. Her mother had a rough pregnancy so she spent all that time at her maternal home. A few people remain from that time and they are very happy to see her. One old lady even tells Raina about her mom and encourages Raina to stop blaming herself. She pointed out that Raina would do anything for El so Raina should understand her mother’s feelings for her. After that talk, Raina seem to feel better despite all the guilt her father and others imposed on her. It so happen that after the two chatted, they went outside where the cousins, El and Edgar are. The woman tells Raina that El has a lot of power of nature. Raina wants to know how can she tell that just by looking at El. The woman doesn’t answer but tells Raina that her ex-husband seem to be sick. Raina asks what is she talking about. The woman then says perhaps she’s wrong.

That’s all I was able to read so far. The one free chapter a day will take some time before I get to the end.

Kirarapot, syofiaa, Assassel and 29 others like this.
  16. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much sis, I hope you get a happy dream and get isekaid to a beautiful world then met a handsome daddy

Arryetty and dumplingslag like this.
  17. Jo5ee

Jo5ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually no but yes. He was the Duke yes you'd think its a very high position to be in which it is but he doesn't have any power at the same time. He was just a puppet. And even now he has no power whatsoever

Okay then why is the FL so weak? She grew up hated? So dis ML. She grew up being manipulated? So did ML what makes her so special that you only hate the ML and he won't see her flaws? The FL was so weak she was expecting the ML to save her when no body was tripping her form any kind of power. For GODS SAKE she is a duchess she has power in her own home.yall expect ALL the ML to save the Fl when they can do it themselves. The MLs are also going though trauma that as to be known. Leave ML alone.

Arryetty, Aikodesu, acexdeuce and 4 others like this.
  18. MOMO26

MOMO26 Have a coffee

Reading List:
    Link

You obviously don't understand how psychology works

She was physically and mentally abused by her father. She's also blaming herself because of the rumor that "she's curse"
    For many years of abuse, she's going through depression.

Depression is a sickness but it does not mean that "depression = suicidal" it's just not severe in her case but still a depression that needs someone's help.

Gladly, she's able to help herself in 2nd timeline.
    I don't mean to offend you by saying "you don't understand how psychology works" but her mentality relates to people who were abused by others..

The story shows a pure misunderstanding between both people and also both of them being used as puppets

19. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s even simpler than that. Different people just react to abuse differently. This is why we have some people becoming drug addicts and some getting stronger from the psychological trauma. Because we’re not clones and are all born with different characters, so in similar situations we behave differently.
    MC was a timid child who was feeling guilty for her mother’s death and all her life she thought that she deserved her abuse, while ML always had a mindset that he didn’t deserve to be treated that way by his family, because neither his mother nor he had agreed to that situation. This is why one of them was silently suffering while another one was busy trying to break free.

20. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh finally spoiler, thankyou
    Can we all juat gi back to the spoiler please???
    We already know how much you hate ML and yet we still want to read the story
    If the story doesn't go as you want it to be
    You have the choice to leave this thread and read story match to your liking

MOMO26 likes this.