Japanese I Will Live Freely in Another World With Equipment Manufacturing Cheat

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by gautam1989, May 8, 2021.

1. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese Name: 装備製作系チートで異世界を自由に生きていきます

Publisher: Alphapolis

Raw Link: https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/57204381/210204215

Mangaupdates Link(for adaptation): https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=160278

Description:

One day, an ordinary 29-year-old salesman named Touji Akino is suddenly brought to another world. However, it turns out that he was a byproduct of a kingdom’s hero summoning ritual and, since the people around him have better skills and levels than he does, he is quickly kicked out of the kingdom.

However, he has a unique cheat skill that allows him to look at the status of any object he is touching. Using his RPG character like abilities, he can pick up item drops, upgrade items, make potions etc. and earn money. With his cheat and skills as a salesman, he resolves to make money and live a slow life with a harem of cute girls.

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

The MC is a breath of fresh air compared to the typical Isekai. He isn't stupid, naive, dense or timid. He's actually pretty smart and knows how to sneakily use his abilities to take advantage of people and situations around him and enrich himself. Rather than combat, his abilities and efforts are towards succeeding as a merchant.

The manga adaptation is pretty fun to read. Unfortunately there is no hope of the novel ever getting translated officially because of Alphapolis' policies.

Jiggy, NomAsh, Sabruness and 3 others like this.
  2. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

Jiggy and sinnerman like this.
  3. sinnerman

sinnerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Aldnonymous

Aldnonymous Male Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem Isekai but fresh air... Huh?

5. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    want to read.
    No harem tag, alphapolis has clearly listed tags, do not just assume there is one.

6. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    I put in that tag because there are 2 love interests as can be seen in the latest chapters that are available for free on Alphapolis' website. But yes, it's not a typical harem scenario.

By.Eve likes this.
  7. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    2 Love interests is not a harem.

Sabruness likes this.
  8. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't make it easy to Google Translate it. Or at least, they don't want it to be easy.

As far as I can tell, the manga is currently in the 2nd or 3rd volume (guessing from the free chapters)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  9. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Google translate from where? You'd have to buy the novel volumes. Alphapolis have only uploaded the latest 50 or so chapters on their website and you can use google translate on the pages but only on Desktop.

10. scinutz

scinutz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, if you look at the website, the first 8 volumes are where you pay after the first 3 free parts of each volume. but if you scroll down below those, you will see chapters 342 - 944 which are not pay. 944 was posted on 9-9-2021.

if someone was willing to translate the first 8 volumes, I would be willing to donate so ya can get access to them. just a thought.

and google translate is okay if you can handle broken english, but would be better if someone would be willing to do a proper translate.

Jiggy, xtudiux and gautam1989 like this.
  11. wakato9086

wakato9086 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would like to ask if anyone translating this novel? I am google translate the novel and will try to make it easier to read for the first 3 chapter. It still probably be broken english, but I am cross referencing with the manga to make it easier to read.

12. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    No one is translating it.

If you want to use Google translate just try to edit and rewrite it so it makes sense in English even if you have to change or improvise the words in places where the machine translation doesn't make sense.

Remember that when you upload a new series it only gets approved by Novelupdates if the first few chapters are readable and look better than the direct Google translation.

Thanks!

13. wakato9086

wakato9086 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, it hard to google translate alphapolis because they had prevention for lots of stuff XD. I am writing word by word, it also because some translate dont really make sense, so I change them as I go as well. It will probably looks ok and readable. I will try my best in editing them so it more presentable than direct google translate.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  14. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    If you use Chrome you can use the 'Translate this page' option on Alphapolis. Give it a try.

I'll also try to find a way to rip the pages.

15. wakato9086

wakato9086 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, I am doing that, It just you cant copy and paste any word, BUT I dont really want to copy and paste that much. I also add some scenes from the manga, since it easier to show what happen, well some scenes, not all.

gautam1989 likes this.
  16. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty of browser extensions that let you bypass the copy blockers

wakato9086 and gautam1989 like this.
  17. wakato9086

wakato9086 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I done translate chapter 1-1, will post the link to the chapter in a bit. Edit: I will upload when I done chapter 1-2 and 1-3.

Thanks for tip, I can speed up the translating for the other chapters.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    gautam1989 likes this.
  18. wakato9086

wakato9086 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know why web's google translate, chrome direct translate and mobile apps google translate will give me different translation each? XD
    I am cross referencing all 3 together with the manga that is translated. Hahahaha

gautam1989 likes this.
  19. wakato9086

wakato9086 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still editing Chapter 1-2 and 1-3, it may take awhile to finish editing them, so here is chapter 1-1. Please do tell me if there is mistakes and things needed to change, the blog is still work in progress as well, i just put some stuff it in to make it looks better. I cant post the link yet, so I will PM @gautam1989

20. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I'll have a look a little later.