Novel Evolution Story

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by PRSBlacklight, Oct 9, 2021.

1. PRSBlacklight

PRSBlacklight Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Evolve to Survive
    A story I've started writing on the website, Goodnovel.

It's about a young man named David who finds himself in a very hostile world with nothing but the constantly evolving monsters and beasts to accompany him. There's no other human here, at least not yet.

Unlike before, he finds that his body is changing in a manner that would not make sense. Creatures here seem to change as well but at a rate that would be called physically impossible.

Join David in his journey as he starts to make a life out of this monstrous world.

This is my first major story, not including the ones I write elsewhere.

David quickly surveys the area and finds that there is a trail of blood. Surprisingly, there isn’t much blood. Looking around, David notices a hiding bone spider.

Bob points at it too.

David nods and takes out the log.

Bone Spider
    Classification: Animal (Insect)
    Description: A monstrous spider-like creature the size of a medium dog. Unlike any of the common spider species present on Earth, the bone spider has a large mouth filled with rows and rows of teeth. They have the uncanny ability to shoot spikes from their mouths made out of bone. An effect of their evolution allows them to climb tall objects although they are not able to climb horizontal ceilings.
    Possible Effects: Organs that store a large amount of calcium.
    Possible Evolution Number: 6th iteration: After realizing that they cannot harm or even survive an encounter with the super reptile species, the bone spider evolved the ability to climb tall structures which allow them to evade the super reptile species. In addition to their ability to climb, the bone spider stays in the super reptile’s hunting grounds. This allows them to assist the super reptile in hunting other animals that stay in the high trees. Once the animal has been dropped to the ground, the super reptile proceeds to rip the creature apart allowing the bone spider to scrounge for scraps.

David frowns. He looks at the hidden bone spider and notices that it is staring at him. David takes his bone knife and hands it to Bob. David makes a sign and Bob nods.

Bob climbs higher in the trees and disappears. David looks around and sees a nearby branch. Taking hold of the branch he’s on, David leaps forward. As expected, the bone spider takes a shot towards David.

Mid-jump, David uses his quick reflexes and grabs the bone dagger mid-air and then lands on the branch he targeted. The bone spider spits out another bone dagger towards David. David hides behind a thick trunk.

He hears a lot of spitting sounds as the bone spider continues to release a barrage of sharp bone daggers.

Then silence.

David peeks out of the thick trunk and he sees Bob angrily stabbing the spider with David’s bone knife.

The creature tries to shake off Bob but the monkey rampages on its back. Bob holds on tightly to the bone spider’s large back and continues to stab its weak points with David’s sharp bone knife.

Eventually, the bone spider stops moving as Bob manages to pierce its head by hitting a weak point on the skull. The bone spider falls flat on its body as Bob drives the knife deeper.

Once the bone knife was dead, Bob releases a battle cry while drenched in blood. David hits the trunk beside him and Bob stops screaming. Bob then swings towards David. David catches Bob and puts him on his shoulder.

If he threw it early, the spear would just bounce off the super reptile’s unbelievably thick and tough skin. David needed to wait.

He waited.

He waited for more.

Then he strikes.

David’s body tenses as he steps forward and releases the spear with a devastating throw. The spear flies with extreme speed, one that would surpass the speed created by the throws of Olympic-level athletes.

The super reptile’s right eye notices the spear flying towards it.

The spear enters its eye and it roars in pain.

David gives Bob a bag of meat and a small leaf bag. David nods and Bob swings away.

David frowns as he looks at the two super reptiles. In any other time and moment, David would not risk fighting one of these creatures.

Looking around for bone spiders, David finds three.

David took a deep breath and prepared himself for what was to come. Looking at each bone spider, David leaps forward.

Time seems to slow down as David watches all three bone spiders shoot a bone dagger towards him.

He expected this.

David quickly reacts.

One.

Two.

Three.

David catches all three bone daggers and when he is about to land, he sharply throws all three at the super reptile gripping Elizabeth’s lower body.

Each bone dagger was targeted on the super reptile’s face. While its skin was tough, one of the bone daggers nick the super reptile’s eyes. It roars in pain and drops Elizabeth to the wet and slightly submerged water. David lands on the ground. His feet enter the water which catches the attention of the first blinded super reptile.

I hope that you enjoyed the spoilers I gave and I hope to see you guys when you find it interesting.

As a writer in Goodnovel, I benefit from followers and readers so I'll be providing two links that anyone who is interested can use.

If you just want to skim the story or read it without much hassle, I suggest using this link.
    https://www.goodnovel.com/book_info/31000128463/Other/Evolve-to-Survive

But if you find yourself liking the story and want to support me, this link will lead you to register an account. By doing this, you subscribe to my book and I would deeply appreciate that.
    https://www.goodnovel.com/fans-invited?shareCode=8gtpnJz7&source=c6

2. PRSBlacklight

PRSBlacklight Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of posting chapters here, I'll post my story thoughts and ideas here.

Evolution
    Creatures in Foserense are able to evolve at a rapid rate that would usually take thousands if not millions of years. This evolutionary effect does not only apply to the animals here but the recently transported humans.

3. PRSBlacklight

PRSBlacklight Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Character Information (Made as of chapter 14)

Name: God/Goddess
    Gender: I'm an infinite entity, why do humans keep asking for my gender?

The undisputed creator of all the universes in the story of Evolve to Survive. God/Goddess created the world of Foserense for reasons unknown as of now.

While not much of his/her power is shown, it is clear the God/Goddess has an amount of power that is currently unfathomable for David and Elizabeth.

4. PRSBlacklight

PRSBlacklight Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Species Information (Made as of chapter 14)

Name: Super Reptile (No scientific name yet)
    Evolution: 1st Iteration

A powerful creature that has the features of an alligator or crocodile but is imbued with a physical body similar to a Siberian tiger. Their whole body is covered with unbelievably tough scales. Due to how compact their body, the super reptile can deliver strikes stronger than almost any land animal in 2021 Earth. Their biting strength is slightly below the strength of an alligator, due to the alligator's specialization in instant attacks.

David meets these creatures and considers them to be apex beasts. He later recategorizes them into the normal category, albeit at the top of the normal animal level.

The super reptile is the predecessor of the legendary Deus Draco and its following iterations.

5. PRSBlacklight

PRSBlacklight Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Human Evolution (Made as of chapter 17.5)
    Due to humans being exposed to the different rules of the universe that contains Foserense, the path of their evolution has become extremely clear to those who could see it.

David's divine gift allows him to peak at the current level of evolutions but he cannot see past what he currently knows, meaning he can't see future evolution levels but can see already seen evolutions.

So far, David has seen two levels of human evolution.

Proto-Superhuman: One can be considered a proto-superhuman when one has reached the peak of human physical and mental capability. Most humans do not reach this stage but Foserense's faster evolution rate allows humanity to reach this stage even if they were average. David and Elizabeth were both sent to Foserense at this stage.

Superhuman I (Vusser): The next stage of humanity. The Vusser or superhuman I stage is the first level where one could be considered above humanity, both in terms of physical and mental capability. At this stage, the difference in physical ability between genders is less noticeable.

David is currently at this stage. While he has weaker defenses than Elizabeth, he is far stronger, faster, and tougher. An example of his physical ability is that he has twice the punching strike of world champion Mike Tyson. His endurance and running speed is both higher than Usain's Bolt's best days.

Superhuman II (???): There is no information on this level yet.