Discussion Mistaken sexuality

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Do people think you're gay if you're straight or vice versa?

I don't know if it's funny or sad but a lot of people think I'm gay when I'm not. Just because I like romcoms or comment on girls clothing, shoes, hair and nails. Red nails are garish I tell you!
    You don't wanna look like a 70's whore. And pointy shoes make me think you have deformed toes.
    Y you looking at me bro? I'm not gay, stop looking. You're still looking, I'll avoid eye contact and ignore you.
    Before I noticed my friends left one after another to toilet, for new drinks...and left me with some gay dude, that was awkward as hell.
    It's not like I'm not showing interest in girls...screw you guys.
    Another group of friends and we're drinking, I mention being mistaken as gay and they just look down, snicker or refuse to comment. I'll get back at them!
    Just chatting with my new housemate and I ask if he wants to get a beer. He avoids answering and in pulls some obvious excuse like girls do to tell you're they're taken, that he has a boyfriend. WTF! I'm not interested.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  2. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    People irl think I’m straighter than a pole. They're usually surprised when I tell them I’m BI.

3. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like an inconvenience.
    But good on you for not conforming to gender stereotypes! They'll get it eventually...

Fulminata, Mr. Tired, imK and 2 others like this.
  4. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what you mean to say is you are still in denial?

5. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    What denial? That I had several girlfriends and greatly enjoyed making out or sex with each one, and not being attracted to men at all?
    I guess if you deny that then I am gay.

6. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is more of a case of you not fitting a typical masculine stereotype.

Tbh, I have a gay brother, and he doesn't care about feminine things. I am lesbian, but I'm also not overly feminine nor am I overly masculine either. The point I am making is that people often try to fit gay people into the opposite gender role (what they are into, what they talk about, care about, how they talk, dress) because that is what makes sense to them even though many gay people don't adhere to those stereotypes in the slightest (because those stereotypes aren't a reflection of reality rather just heterosexual people trying to make it understandable in their heads).

As someone who studies social sciences in college, I could go way deeper into this, but I also don't feel like it because I'm lazy.

7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    This^
    That's what I told people here in a thread almost a year ago, I was a lesbian in my past life :ROFLMAO: That's why I'm attracted to women still but not too masculine. I'm not a pansy though, is there a better word for this...you know in tv shows how some guy acts in overly effeminate and cringy manner which you can spot from a mile away as gay.

8. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens sometimes but it's not my problem. Might also be a cultural thing as we generally don't care as long as you're not a dick.

9. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    People think that Ai-chan is lesbian. They said Ai-chan has this atmosphere that hints that Ai-chan plays with the same team. This is false. Ai-chan plays with both teams.

10. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    Where did you get that I called you gay from? I've no idea of your sexuality except what you tell me.

What I said was you are in denial, as in you spent the entire post blaming other people for misreading you. Just like a person who looks angry all the time acting confused why people think they are angry.

No one(excluding 12 year old boys on XBOX Live) ever thought someone was gay because they watched a romcom, or had opinions on women's clothing.

If people are consistently misreading you, and you care enough, then it's up to you to change. If you don't care then just accept it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  11. Happyman0512

Happyman0512 THE HEAVENLY LAZY GOD , LAZI-GHTENED SLACKER

Reading List:
    Link
    well in this generation gay couples are like normal couples and the society has been starting to stop treating them weird
    so you really don't have to think about that stuff
    i mean, to me it doesn't matter whether are you gay or straight , i mean depending on your past relationship where there has been circumstances leading to you becoming uncomfortable or have a little trust issues with the opposite sex member, there 75% chance you would find someone for your own sex beautiful or handsome , and you would still be a straight person
    so there is nothing wrong in the
    because in anime,manga or novel the characters are created to be attracted and liked by everyone :blobconfused::blobangel:

12. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Stereotyping homosexuality.

The way you are describing yourself you are not towars homosexuality, but more towards feminine....maybe your estrogen levels are a bit more than testosterone...that's all.

Mnotia likes this.
  13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that's what you meant coz that's what it implied, I'm not a genius detective.
    I'm not blaming anyone in my post as you can see it's told in a joking manner...
    I can't help being a handsome gentleman whom mothers swoon over.
    [​IMG]

14. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually editing my post a bit to clarify as you replied. I saw the joking parts but it still didn't make sense. Maybe because it hasn't happened to me.

15. nadia88

nadia88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how much do you take care of your appearance? You sorta sound like a metrosexual to me. Which unfortunately is often mistaken for being gay...

16. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that much, I hate styling hair so I keep it short. I do want excuse to wear class but when I do others are usually in plain clothes or hoodies...

nadia88 likes this.
  17. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    (I am sleep deprived sorry if this doesn't make sense but I wanted to contribute to the conversation because it's interesting).

"There is a difference between knowing someone is attractive and BEING attracted to said person. I'm straight, not blind."
    ^ something I heard in a story when this guy was tired of people constantly berating and teasing him.
    ---
    It is frustrating I'm sure. They could at least be less obvious, awkward, and even snide about it towards you.
    I think it's rather childish of your friends to not take what you're saying seriously. Maybe a day will arrive when people will quite misinterpreting what you're saying and overanalyzing things.

You know yourself best, and it's rude of them to constantly say- or the things they DON'T say- that contradict what you tell them and positively understand about yourself.
    You like girls. The end.
    You're able to be confident in yourself; you are comfortable with yourself. Something a lot of people can't achieve in many different aspects. I admire that actually.
    You can say "What the HELL are those shoes, why in the damned world are you wearing them, they look ridiculous, don't wear them again," "that colour of the polish is nice," or "your hair looks f~cked."

I don't get why people automatically assume that if a man gives input on fashion or things that are more popular with the women, he's automatically batting for the same team.
    Where's the logic in that...?

I think this kinda turned into a rant around the end, oh well. But yeah.
    Maybe when my mind is more clear, I can come back and clarify this since what I wrote seems a bit messy and unorganized...

Also, romcoms are freaking fantastic, purple nails are rad, eyeliner looks so cool on people, and silk sling-back-heels belong in the dumpster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

imK likes this.
  18. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a point in time when my parents thought that I was gay and it was very uncomfortable. Mainly because they kept wondering why I'd never get a gf. And I couldn't really sit down and explain that none of the ones I see around IRL come close to even brushing the soles of the 2D ones I've been engrossed with.

Raven Evernight and Jojo775 like this.
  19. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, though it's not that serious and my friends aren't being mean or really thinking I'm gay. They might think I'm bi or could be a good gay lol but they know I'm straight, just messing with me. My post is a compilation, not something that happened in a month.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  20. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, you're a man right? HHAAHAHAHA, that's kind of a special case I guess. But, I could assure you that, there is nothing wrong in liking all those girly stuffs! And you won't become gay either just because of it! Because, well, y'know a majority of women actually like staring at other women's boobs and faces????? Like, we be staring dead at them especially if they's gorgeous. Like bro! who could resist that? And then, there is this question, are we gay just because we like to look at boobs rather than men's flat chests? Well, at least non of the people I know said so, HAHAHAHA.

Oh and, you should just ignore it at this rate, act as usual and it's enough to just be yourself to yourself. I mean, you don't need to feel the need to change or stress out over it. If anything just hot-kiss some of the girls in public xD!!!

Jojo775 likes this.