Spoiler My Husband Will Regret This

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jul 23, 2021.

1. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because when the FL saw ML first giving speech at the School Entrance Ceremony, she fall in love at first sight and then she said Isn't he a Commoner? She said that without malice, she is surprised how could a commoner stand at the podium as the student representatives instead of the Prince, since she grew up with privilege she didn't know the weight of her words and ML heard that, he constantly tried to get her attention but no matter how he excel he realized he always be a lowborn and the FL was the Duke daughter, during the school years FL avoided him because she is already has a fiancee and since he is a commoner she thought there is no chance so she tried to buried her feelings. That's why the ML said 'You always look at me like I'm a monster', he thought how much more the FL would be disgusted with him if she saw his prosthetic leg. Because he think the FL avoided and looked down on him because he is a commoner, anything the FL say like when she said to stop sending money to her family, he interpreted it in different way 'Do you think someone like me couldn't get that much money, how much more are you going to ignore me'

If you read 'Father, I don't want the get married', it kinda similar in terms the FL twisted everything her father said even anything at the face value because he treated her coldly all those years, so when her father said 'Don't get sick anymore, I'm worried', she took it in the wrong way 'if you get sick, I'm worried I couldn't sell you at the high price'.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  2. psychofreak

psychofreak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically, ML got insecure. So insecure that everything and anything the FL says always had a bad meaning? Wew. I mean, the FL was already reaching out to him to talk, it's just him who's pushing her far far away. Like, what is wrong with just sitting down and talking? Does he have a filter or something that misinterprets everything the FL does?

I haven't read the novel you mentioned, but I assume they lived together and she experienced it consistently? But with this guy, did he get turned down consistently or is treated horribly by the FL? Is he not aware that the FL already had a fiance at the time and that it's bad if she's to mingle with other guys? Plus there's also the status gap. Even if he was a genius, he still has to prove his worth and build his rep. The way he misinterprets her meaning is one helluva leap. Okay he can think whatever he wants, but the least he could do is try to treat his wife like a person. With the way he treats her, you'd think he married her to get some revenge for her ignoring him or something.

3. nsrin

nsrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please any spoilers about ML, divorce, princess ?
    The characters are very frustrated and her husband is worse and even his aide suggest he marry the princess to control the royal family while his wife is ill...
    The story makes me depressed, but what can I do with this annoying curiosity, I keep thinking when he will start to feel regret, I really want him to regret it...

4. merchantbob

merchantbob Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The divorce finally got brought up at the end of chapter 14!!!!!

"I'm not forced to be in the north, I'm forced to abandon myself, and I have no choice but to go back first..."”

I couldn't help but look at the floor inadvertently. As such, she was lonely and exhausted.

"I have no choice but to ignore my pain."

"When did I say I ignored you?" I'm really worried about my wife...”

"Honey."

Chloe raises her head with a heavy sigh and makes eye contact with Eric. It's in his eyes.

I look at the intense indifference to those who do not love.

"I don't want to live like this anymore."

I loved Eric.

And I love you.

I think I'll still love you.

But his feelings and being with him were separate.

She now had a hard time offering love that did not return, and the pure indifference he expressed was terrible.

She smiled bitterly and said.

"Let's get divorced."

5. Manhwalover356

Manhwalover356 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YES FINALLY:blobparty:

Rin.rinaaa and evanesco99211 like this.
  6. nsrin

nsrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, but i don't think he will accept aghhhhhhhh

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  7. Riru__1233

Riru__1233 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though my thoughts are similar I would rather her be on the brink of death to the point it seems like there’s no hope for her. While we get a nice reaction from the ml. But I ultimately do wish for their happiness.

Pride and prejudice is what we call it

ManhwaFreak and AnimeHuntress like this.
  8. nsrin

nsrin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I want too, I want him to feel so hurt that he'll make me pity him.
    I may sound harsh, but Chloe's feelings are really painful.

9. Amethyst_

Amethyst_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same.

nsrin likes this.
  10. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoil more :cookie:

11. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you should also take into account, that he is not just mere commoner but an Orphan who grew up in poor orphanage and street, he even got frostbite often, and because he has no money to get it treated or buy nutritional food, his flesh become rotten over time and had to be amputated. He got the title 'Baron' after he literally saved the Empire economy, and then the 'Marquis' after he married the FL, even if he is wealthier than the Imperial Family, he is still despised by the nobles. And there is FL, an esteemed Duke daughter who is forced to broke her engagement and sold off to the ML for the debt. It's beyond his imagination, that such FL who once insulted him for being a commoner (the FL didn't mean to insult him, but nevertheless it's quite rude) that she is in love with him, for him who think 'FL look at him like he is a monster', by leaving her alone was his consideration, it doesn't help that the FL never tried to clear things up. The nobles always pretentious, though it may sound like sweet words, it could carry a dagger so it's not far-fetched when the FL told him to stop spending money on her family or when she told that 'the dress is too expensive', he take it as an insult 'why, do you think someone like me couldn't afford that little money'. The ML didn't really care about appearance, he only wear expensive clothes when he met with FL, and the FL accustomed with noble luxury, seeing him in shabby mansion, wearing shabby clothes assume that her husband broke. The fact that the ML hired lady in waiting (not just a maids) even when he has no servant for his own, and buy her the most expensive dress, proved that he never mistreated her, he gave her the best thing, he neglect her yes, but he is not obligated to loved her. In the other hands, FL who never did anything back in her Dukedom but still everyone treat her kindly, couldn't adapt with her now roles as the Marchioness, she expect the ML to help her, but she forgot, she is the one who is born nobles, she should know how to wield her authority but alas because she is afraid she never tried to talk to them, further convince the ML even more that she is haughty noble who look down on lowborn.

I'm not trying to justify the ML nor do I put the blame on the FL, they just live in different world and never tried to get to know each other, they both so caught up with their useless pride.

12. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I do agree with some of your points, it makes me wonder if we're reading the same thing when you said, "but still everyone treat her kindly" and "they both so caught up with their useless pride". Uh, did you miss the parts where everyone in their house treat her badly and look down on her? The only place where "everyone treats her kindly" is in the place her husband currently is, his workplace. He rarely goes home. And, pride? The husband is clearly caught up in his pride, but our MC? When did she? She wasn't prideful. If so, she wouldn't have accepted all the disrespect and discourtesy from her husband and their servants. She didn't even lack effort in trying to understand him which was, unfortunately, being constantly rebuffed by him. It makes one wonder if she even has any (pride, that is).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  13. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm referring to when she was in her Dukedom, her own home, she didn't do anything but all the maids and the servant still treat her kindly, so in her husband place she expect everyone would treat her the same, she never tried to reach out (that's why the maid said she as the noble Princess must look down on them because she never even tried to talk to them). When I'm saying 'Pride', did she ever tell her husband when he ask her is there anything more to their marriage, that she wanted the successor not because her father pressured her to, and she should complained you know, but if she show her weakness, she is afraid she is getting ridiculed. Idk how to put it into words but she often said she should keep her head held high and keep her dignity blah blah blah, that's why I'm saying useless pride not in a sense that she is prideful as a person.

Let's end it here, it's funny that we've been called an idiot for discussing spoiler, every spoiler thread discuss spoiler, that's what spoiler thread are for, sharing and discussing Spoiler, I guess not everyone bother to read the rules, they are there on the very first page for a reason.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    elijahavery likes this.
  14. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil about her illness? Was it the mistreatment of the maids or a terminal disease? I'm leaning toward mistreatment.

snzzykitten and imreallyanarwhal like this.
  15. imreallyanarwhal

imreallyanarwhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I want to know too!

I've been wracking my brain and have wondered: Could be have been an illness, that could have been easily treated if caught early enough, been exacerbated by the fact she was only brought cold water to bath in? From what I've read so far, how she describes always being cold, surprised she's not required some frostbite amputations of her own!

And then on top of that there's also stress as well as depression which can also exacerbate an illness...

16. sort0fshort

sort0fshort Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But as you said she was sold to the ml. Can she really complain and whine to the ml that the servants are not respecting her, when she's awfully aware that the people in that house also think the same she did that the male lead hates her, and married her for the title only, and she has nothing else on her. In this setting is set on a patriarchal society. You can't expect a strong independent woman when she's not reborn or transmigrated from modern world.

17. obelian underworld

obelian underworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She doesn't need to complain and whine, she can just directly punish them and demand authority. Patriarchal society yes, but that doesn't mean the women have no rights. As you can see by the ml insecurities that there is a very thick line between being a noble and commoner and they are just servants, ml can do nothing because discipling servants is a woman's job . Fl is portrayed to be a very weak woman and doesn't try to take control . She is probably the only noble lady like that

Lola_Neres likes this.
  18. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said, I'm not expecting a strong independent woman, but Chloe was born a Princess, she is neither illegitimate nor abused/ignored, her parents favor her brother yes, but that's common in patriarchal society, still the fact she only ever wore the most expensive clothes and all the servant was kind to her despite she never reach out to them was a prove that she grew up with all the privileges, she even goes to the Academy, meaning she is well educated, at least she should know how to wield her authority, she could even punish a commoner on the street for contempt of nobility, that's the power of her birth alone. She is getting sold off yes but Eric not only got a wife, he also got the title Marquis and the Marquisate (Something a commoner can't buy no matter how much money he has, even someone who saved the country by winning the war only got a Count at most) so is not one sided transaction, it's just like any political marriage where both party benefited. And in the political marriage it's not uncommon that husband and wife didn't get along, while the power of concubines comes from the husband love, the Legal wife is different, her power was granted by her status mentioned by the law, managing the house and servant are fall under wife jurisdiction, if she know how to wield it, a wife can be more powerful than the husband.
    What I learned from reading so many K-novel, we shouldn't just look at one narrative and jumped into the hate wagon, there must be a reason why Eric think Chloe didn't warm up to him, ignored him and look at him like he is a monster (not that I excused his behavior tho, I just seen worse). He neglected his wife for sure, but he didn't abused her, he didn't even get enough sleep so Chloe could have a comfortable life, he look like a workaholic father who think all their kid need is expensive things, at least he could be recycled.

19. obelian underworld

obelian underworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest , the author should not have done this love at first sight nonsense because it is just creating a lot of problems. Them having a crush on each other I understand but being so madly in love because of looks makes no sense. She herself said she doesn't know how she fell in love with such a cold man because it makes no sense. It would have been better if they married not having feelings for each other