LCD The Villain Wants to Live

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Aug 28, 2021.

1. miraclepolaris

miraclepolaris Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for those that have read the novel ahead can u spoil me about the relationship between sylvia and deculein , ephrene and deculein too? its really annoying how every god damn chapter there will always be Ephrene/sylvia pov.

2. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a spoiler from someone about slyvia,
    MC apparently killed her mom, author resued the plot from other novel and changed brother to mother.

Not sure if the spoiler is correct since I haven't got that far, so take it with a grain of salt.

3. johnne1995

johnne1995 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more complicated than that. The MC strangles Sylva's mother when she was terminally ill and had half a year to live. This was part of a deal with Sylva's father in some convoluted scheme to cure Sylva of her genetical illness her mother was also dying from. MC was also doing it for revenge because his fiancee died from the scheme. After the murder, Sylvia's father promises MC that he will help kill MC's father.
    Iprine's father also has something to do with this.

Saying this reuses the plot from what I resume is The Novel's Extra is like saying the novel reuses Harry Potter's plot because the protaginsts are wizards and get stronger

Am_elf, Sea Dog, RealSaMu and 3 others like this.
  4. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, stupid example since Harry Potter is from different authors. It does reuse the plot since both novels involve the MC doing that to someone who has feelings for them, are you so blinded by your like for this novel that you don't understand? Seems like it. Don't care if it's more complicated since he still does it.

5. johnne1995

johnne1995 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't trying to attack you, no need to get offensive because your feelings have been hurt. Harry Potter has a more similar plot to this novel than the author's previous novel does(probably). Think of the MC as Snape. Snape hurt Harry's feeling and killed someone he cared about, and he was proud of it.

Deculain kills Sylvia's mother.
    He has two reasons:
    1.Revenge, because he blames her for being partly responsible for killing his fiancee.
    As he strangles her to death while looking quite insane, he tells her he will kill her husband and daugther as well.
    2. He has a deal with Giltheon, Sylvia's father. Giltheon believes Sylvia will become an archmage if his wife is murdered, because "Illiades grow through adversity."
    In return for Deculain killing Sylvia's mother, Giltheon promises to help kill Deculain's father.
    Decaylen(Deculain's father) and Kagan Luna(Ephrene's father) are behind Deculain's fiancee's death.
    This was part of another deal: Kagan Luna let Decaylen experiment on his daughter Ephrene so Decaylen could eventually take over her body, because apparantly Sylvia's mother used to be his wife, but she left him for money for the Illades.
    Left mad with grief, Kagan starts to hate his daughter because she reminds him of his former wife, and makes a deal with Decaylen to take revenge on Illade and kill his wife at all costs.
    Also Ephrene is born with time powers and can regress in a limited form, while Sylvia is born with space powers and can create objects such as maps or houses or some kind of murderous ghost from her subconciousness.

Hajin kills Nayun's brother because he is forced to do it because otherwise he would become some sort of demon spawn. As the story progresses the misunderstanding is never really resolved between the two except offscreen ,and in the IF story where it doesn't happen in the first place.

So basically Deculain kills at least 1 loved one of each heroine, mostly because of revenge:
    Ephrene's father, Sylvia's mother, Julie's father and his own father.

When Sylvia reaches out to reconcile with Deculain, and says that she knows her mother was terminally ill and there were circumstances, Deculain brushes her off and says he did kill her mother and implies that he doesn't regret it.
    This would be like when Nayun confronts Hajin, he says he killed her brother and he'd do it again, and then taunts her to try to kill him.

Now to the comparison:
    Deculain doesn't regret his actions, and does relative murder not because he was forced to, but for personal reasons and for political gain. He doesn't hesitate.
    He comes to an understanding with Sylvia and Ephrene. There is no what if scenario, unless the personality of the main character's personality changed all of a sudden or he died.

Hajin regrets his actions and never resolves the misunderstanding. He is forced to do one relative murder to kind of save the world. There is a what if scenario in a what if story with some kind of happy ending.

The similarities are the relative murder I guess, but the context is completely different. My impression of reusing plot is that the context needs to be at least similar.
    Conclusion:
    Hajin is like a turbo harem Neville Longbottom, while Deculain is a handsome, somehat more intelligent Snape.

Let's say Snape kills Dumbledore, and Neville kills Fenrir Greyback, who turns out to be Ron's uncle(or the relative of a major side character like Sirius Black).
    Would you call this a reuse of the plot? I guess you could interpret it like that, I don't know.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Sea Dog, RealSaMu and animefan4004 like this.
  6. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I thought I was the only one who sees the MC as Prof. Snape, and other similarities to HP. also that's not really a spoiler, the latest chapter already got those covered

animefan4004 likes this.
  7. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wym, at least 95% of what he said is a spoiler to anyone reading the latest translation (ch 102)

8. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    All of that was revealed in ch 90+ not all the details, but knowing more doesn't really make any difference aside from making everything worse.

9. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like, what did you expect from this writer? No drama? The man is a master of dropping drama bombs on his cast and then having the characters try to resolve it in the most painful way possible, at least the thing with Yeriel went well and we got some cute moments. I dread the Julie nonsense more than all the other potential drama combined.

10. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm expecting a drama where Decu will act dead just like in TNE.

11. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Future!fatty didn't know he was alive so I guess that's gonna happen too.

12. Kin_

Kin_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, by what future epherene said "the professor isnt in my world anymore" he either dies for good or goes back to his own world/outside the game like he wishes to

13. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much all the reviews from KN raw readers rate it pretty low. The chapters are just too few for us to realize what a shitshow this novel really is, let's just enjoy this novel until the author put himself on MC's shoes, while another author tries to fix his loopholes.

14. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't trust some of those KR reviews too much since most KR readers in general really hate the author. So some of those negative reviews are pretty biased.

Edy3, RealSaMu and Bachingchung like this.
  15. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just enjoy the ride while the ride is good. It'll go off the rails and suck at some point, but this author is good fun until you hit that point. So far he's doing a much better job with his drama than all his previous novels.

Last Atumn Leaf and Bachingchung like this.
  16. johnne1995

johnne1995 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually the opinion of most KR reviews of Villain wants to live that I have read, though they are slightly more optimistic about it.
    Most KR reviewers rates this novel relatively highly, but doubt it because of the author's previous novel and his bad reputation.
    The biggest complaint is about the author's frequent pauses and not upholding the deadline, rather than the quality of the novel.

I'll list the heroines and their chances to "win" in my opinion at the time of the latest chapter:
    Main heroines:
    1. Empress Sophien:
    MC's love towards her: 0/10 - would die for her but would not marry her, doesn't consider her a love interest
    Love towards MC: like 10/10 - would die for MC, he even has an unique official rank that allows him to be revived(through regression)
    Chances to win: like 10ish%, the highest among heroines
    Note: lower chances because currently MIA or dead

2.Knight Julie
    MC's love towards her: 10/10 - it's a kind of character trait, he can't love any other woman
    Love towards MC: -3/10 - hates the MC because of MISUNDERSTANDING shenanigans
    Chances to win: at bit lower than empress

3. Ephrene
    MC's love towards her: 0/10 - completely studentzoned
    Love towards MC: like 7/10 right now, but might try to backstab MC at any time because of mind control
    Chances to win: close to zero

4. Sylvia:
    MC's love towards her: 0/10 - completely studentzoned
    Love towards MC: like 8/10 - has always been stalkerish, but gets increasingly worse; the rival dynamic with Ephrene is kind of funny
    Chances to win: even closer to zero

Side heroines that can be barely considered romantic interests:

Allen
    MC's love towards him/her: 0/10 - assistantzoned
    Love towards MC: 9/10 - seems head over heels for him
    Chances to win: 0
    Note: there was this controversy where a bunch of KR commenters got mad because they thought Allen was male because they hate the bromance thing(like Hajin and Suho). After the author reassured them it wasn't the case, they calmed down.

Yeriel
    MC's love towads her: 0/10 - she's his sister
    brotherly love: 4/10

Yoo Ara/Yuria(?)
    MC's love towards her: -1/10 - he kind of hates her because she looks like the dead fiancee
    Love towards MC: 0/10 - he keeps trying to kill her half-demon friend
    Note: Ganesha says something along the lines of " he wouldn't marry someone who's 14 even if she looks like his former fiancee."
    Aloz
    MC's love towards her: complete disinterest
    Love towards MC. she spies on the Altar for him
    Chances to win: -1
    Note: People got mad at this character because they thought it would be like the Boss plotline all over again. Turns out this is just a side character.

Scenario: MC just dies or whatever
    Love values don't matter
    Chance for this to happen: 70+%
    I feel like the author is traumatized enough by his previous novel that he will let nobody win.

17. Bachingchung

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's hope you're right. There's barely anything binge-worthy among the newly translated novels right now, so it would be great if the author keeps the quality.

18. sesyfygtrtuy

sesyfygtrtuy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does someone know abt rank system .like the monarch arch mage ethereal the propwrr order.also pls explain abt viens and attribute if u know

19. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alright, now that we started and resolved the "Yeriel, you are not actually my blood-related little sister but I still treat you as my little sister" nonsense time to drop the next drama bomb on the checklist which is "fatty, I'm actually your sponsor, now despair at the revelation"."

Ghost 534 likes this.
  20. sesyfygtrtuy

sesyfygtrtuy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it harem or not