Recommendations Looking for novels to read pretty new to novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Sinzs2, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Sinzs2

Sinzs2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello I'm looking for recommendations for novels you think I would like I have a list on novel updates of novels I read so far but I can't link it cause of forum rules but it should be easy to find
    the list name is Sinzbo

Out of that list my top 5 in order is:
    - Reverend Insanity ( loved it but stopped cause I heard that the author or whatever got banned from writing it? and I usually don't read incomplete things )
    - Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria ( absolutely enjoyed it )
    - I'm Sorry For Being Born In This World ( a lot of people didn't like it but I enjoyed it for the most part ^^ )
    - Warlock of the Magus World
    - Reincarnator

Also, side note I mainly read completed novels I don't like waiting for chapters to drop
    I also dislike the harem genre alot
    Anyways pls ty in advance :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  2. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre preferences?

3. Sinzs2

Sinzs2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Psychological / thriller / action / mystery / school / horror / anithero. calm, apathetic, split personality / just generally dark stuff sometimes i like shoujo ai / shounen ai romance though

4. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. borer

borer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. sekach

sekach Outer Disciple

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Rou

Rou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality
    It’ll be finished by the time you get to the end

Sinzs2 likes this.
  8. The_Essay_Writer

The_Essay_Writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Ice Demon

Ice Demon Arctic Demon Realm's Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Japanese salary man gets reincarnated as a slime and becomes op.

Konosuba - Japanese school student dies and goes to otherworld and hilarity ensues.

Emperor's Dominion - Ancient being regains his human body and walks the road to become the greatest Emperor.

Against the God's - Been forever since I read it but I remember that the fighting at the beginning was good.

Library of Heaven's Path - Lot's of face slapping.

Overlord - Person ends up going to another world and becoming their game character, that was more or less a lich, with all of his guild territory.

The Charm of Soul Pets - Like a dark version of pokemon.

Lord of the Mystery's - Kinda like if SCP foundation was real but in the industrial revolution era.

The King's Avatar - Pro gamer gets kicked out, his story about getting back his former glory.

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - One of, if not, the best vrmmorpg genres.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear - Slice of life story for if you want something soft and calming.

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - One of the better turned into a monster novels.

The Second Coming of Gluttony, and Dungeon Defense - Heard good things about both and been meaning to read.

Everything by I Eat Tomatoes or IET, specifically Coiling Dragon, Stellar Transformations, and Swallowed Star are some of my favorites but not necessarily the best.

And many more I could name but I'll leave it at this. Considering your top 5 list I'd specifically recommend Overlord, Second Coming of Gluttony, and Dungeon Defense. They seem like the best fit. But remember to try the others if some interest you.

Sinzs2 likes this.
  10. lilly2805

lilly2805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (Not sure if you will like but here)
    Opening a Shop in the Nightmare World

Matching Genre's: Horror, Mystery, Shounen Ai, Calm Protagonist and Romance. (Note: Romance is late and a subplot.)
    Su Zimo got a store called ‘Ayuyuyu.’

Selling the goods in the store can increase his remaining life, but Su Zimo has to first go to the nightmare world to collect goods!

Senior cannon fodder: Newcomer over there, put down the vase, put down the paper towels, put down A-Piao’s shoes! Run!!

Shop: It’s ‘An Yu Yi Yu,’ not ‘Ayuyuyu’

Sinzs2 likes this.
  11. TerranImperium

TerranImperium Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries is pretty well-loved and a good read. A Chinese interpretation of a fantastical victorian Western world with mystery, horror, and thrill. It has a necessary weak start, to set the scenes and introduce the world. Once past that, it becomes a wild ride.

It should be noted that the translation isn't all that good, however, it's not grammatically horrendous or something like that. Merely an issue of prose and flow.

Sinzs2 likes this.
  12. AtnShadid

AtnShadid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Carefree Path of Dreams - A very decent novel with the concept of world shuttling (in some sense). The MC is not really evil, but his character is cautious and careful.

Lord of the Mysteries - Solid world building, very interesting power system, and and good plot. I'd definitely recommend reading this.

My house of Horror - One of the few non xianxia/xuanhuan novels I truly enjoyed reading. The MC inherits a house of Horror after his parents mysteriously disappeared, so he ends up encountering ghosts and supernatural things while searching for a trail of his parents.

For straight up Xianxia/Xuanhuan novels, I believe Er Gen or I Eat Tomatoes novels will suffice. As for other genres, I don't have much to offer.

SIDE NOTE: After trying to compile a list and not having more than 15 novels to recommend, I realized I'd been wasting my life for the last 5+ years.

Sinzs2 likes this.
  13. RiboseSugar

RiboseSugar Mirror Mirror, I'm beautiful. Fact, not question.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sinzs2 likes this.
  14. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Mo dao zu shi.
    It covers just about everything you just listed. It's BL, but it doesn't really get hot and heavy till the extras. It will have you crying, laughing, and scared out of your wits, sometimes all in the same chapter.
    High angst, mystery, thriller, antihero. It's a cultivation world, not highschool. But there's are arcs dealing with the protags' childhoods.
    It's popular for a reason. It's not perfect, but it's darn close

Sinzs2 likes this.
  15. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul of Negary - super diabolical and apathetic MC. The story is also so interesting.
    The Great Storyteller - psychological, tho no action. Give it a try it’s one of my all time favorites.
    The Lazy King - I usually don’t like JP novels but this one is gold.
    The Legendary Mechanic - you’ll love the MC lol.

Sinzs2 likes this.
  16. enklaires

enklaires Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Supernatural Movie Actor App for split personality and calm MC. It's one of the best thriller horror BL i've read

Sinzs2 likes this.
  17. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Sinzs2 likes this.