Discussion What's so good about ISAAC, I just think it's a disappointment

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by AbrilGM, Oct 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AbrilGM

AbrilGM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading the novel Isaac because of the good reviews I found about it, but I only read it until to chapter 24 and could not continue. Love the first part of the novel, where he had not yet transmigrated to the new world and he is a war-hardened, broken, death-seeking, and borderline (if not completely) insane soldier. I was fine with the mystery of why he was being watched and even his outcasted status on campus. However, the interaction he had with the girls in the novel seemed stupid to me and he lets people play with him. The fact that he doesn't feel like getting strong worries me.
    I'm pretty sure it's because of the type of genre that I like, but in the reviews they make it look like the type of book that I like, with a Shameless, cruel, smart, and quite OP in his field of expertise
    But until the chapter I read, it only frustrates me that Isaac is not the same as before he transmigrated.

PLEASE MAKE ME CHANGE MY MIND!

armad224 likes this.
  2. JrX

JrX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you miss the part where he constantly says the he's tired of war and he just want to have a vacation.

3. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a reason why he is called a terrorist and it comes out in the story (later), Issac never becomes strong in the story, but no one wants to mess with him. He is kinda thought upon as the nuclear option... he can get the job done but do you really want to send the nuclear bomb to solve an conflict?

If you already feel burnt out don't read more of it. The story goes through cycles of him being lazy, then pissed off and it escalates later to acts of terror. But if your patience is already tested now then I don't know if the payoff will be worth it for you.

I personally enjoy him doing outside the box thinking and crazy shit but that doesn't really start till he leaves the college, and it doesn't escalate until after most of the hidden history and agendas of the world gets revealed.

I did not like the ending for me personally it was too happy for me... didn't really felt satisfying it felt like all the destruction and chaos from the earlier chapters didnt really make since if this was how it was going to end.

I did not regret reading the story though just felt like the author just didn't know how to do the end well and felt a little flat. Or that the story got axed early and the author didnt get to flesh out the story he wanted to make.

My personal favorite scene of the story is when after the major history of the world gets revealed Issac is sitting in front of the King and Queen and the king's guard are wanting to punish him for being disrespectful towards the King, he just simply shanks one of the guards neck and goes back to his bedroom to sleep in front of the King. And tells the king do whatever you guys want cya... (I know this isn't the exact quote but this is how I remember it)

Mr v likes this.
  4. Lord Sith Lego

Lord Sith Lego Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel gets crazy later on and the MC along with it is why I enjoy reading it. Probably one of the best transmigration stories I have read. It is not just MC that is good I like the other character interactions with him too.

5. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I myself read Isaac a while ago, the memories are blurring a bit, but I mostly dropped it since it just wasn't my cup of tea with how insaneunorthodox the MC and the story in general is. It's an interesting novel but just not what I feel like reading xD

The feeling that I got from the main character is that he wasn't exactly the most ambitious individual, he didn't have a song sense of pride, and he wasn't the type to decide to become OP, because he has other, more insaneunorthodox solutions. So I don't know why the MC not gaining strength was worrying to you. But, again, it's been a while. So maybe I remembered wrong.

I just went to the novel page and noticed that the newest review is by @Uhoh_, who said, word for word:
    Coincidence?

6. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    You directly quoted the first review that comes up (a 0 like review at that) and are complaining it doesn't match said 4 sentence review. There are plenty of other reviews to change your mind.

7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the guy is a mad dog who just wants to rest and gives no fucks to anyone.

The problem is that everyone is trying to fuck with him. Literally everyone. That portion of the story is what pissed me off the most, especially with those self righteous "spies of the empire" and nobles who believe that Isaac should die just because how he acted when he defended himself in impossible odds, ie it is extremely "flip the table screw you I'm not playing your game" type of method Isaac chose, but all the time, it is because they plotted him to fail and tried to have him killed and they still have the gall to be pissed at Isaac. I supports Isaac to this date even though I dislike the work as I see him as a man going through adversities people set against him, the whole "higher ups are arseholes" theme runs in the old and new worlds and the terrorist actions to me is always justified.

I dropped the work a long time ago and never see myself going back to it though.

8. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped it because the release speed is not up to my standards. It's still a good read though.