Discussion What's something about you that you feel other people just don't understand?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Oct 5, 2021.

?

Do you try to explain yourself?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

36.1%
  3. I'm so tired of explaining, it's futile anyway

33.3%
  4. I keep trying because I don't want them to misunderstand

19.4%
  5. *noms skullie*

13.9%
  6. Stormy is actually terminally ill so I'm choosing this option to comfort the poor doggo

19.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like most people don't have a clue about how much I hate looking myself on the mirror... It's honestly amazing to see how often people just diminish appearance issues as "vanity", without having a clue about how much suffering it can cause.

2. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's sad u have no aspirations.
    Well I don't have much expectations but I am still a hopeful person but also somebody who luck just wants to abandon.

3. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually have a general idea about you having this. I'm a little sensitive whether people are "safe" for me to get close with... you're more on the not safe side xD

4. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do fix your sleeping schedule and wake up early, u won't be tired anymore \o/

5. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not about physical tiredness tho. My sleep sched has been doing fine since I got out the hospital a month ago.

911 likes this.
  6. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    My extreme fear of being hated. :blobneet:Which resulted to my people-pleaser personality which I understand some people may find unpleasant. So I always try to keep it low key. Of course I'm still paranoid that people will notice. :bloborz: They probably do... *sigh*

Baldingere likes this.
  7. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link

i lack empathy and socially awkward. From the time i known this quote, i resign myself to explain, cause when i explain, i explain too much it sounds like excuses. Even i, myself, embarrass with my explanation. Like, can't you just simplified it?!?!?!

but the thing is, when i shorten my wording, it sounds arrogant.

i also live by this quote, i actually like it. The thing is, what i do to myself is not how other people want some people do to them. and i don't care. Say, i lack of care (to other people) but you can't please everyone, so i just stop caring too much, either you like it or not.
    This is also why i voiced my feeling 'Hey, i don't like it cause bla bla bla" and now, i'm a party pooper
    (cause i also want people to voice their feeling about what i do, cause with my lack empathy, i won't try to understand your feeling)

this is also why i dislike people who use sarcasm, cause it'll take me awhile to understand, you don't like it.
    Just say it directly!! why beating around the bush!! what's wrong with it?! you afraid i will think ill of you?!?! news flash, for you to be using sarcasm to criticize me. it means that we are not that close!!! i don't care bout your feeling, just say what i did wrong so i can make it right.

HNCKrstl and Baldingere like this.
  8. Spade Z

Spade Z Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People dont understand that me being straightforward and honest isnt bad and i'm not mad at them why do they have to brand me as a disrespectful person :blobunsure: and when i stop socializing cause i don't feel like it and comeback when i'm okay

Fulminata, Baldingere and Bad Storm like this.
  9. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Long ago, i was forced to maintain my smile a lot; it became a habit and some sort of knee-jerk reaction:hmm:. I smile when I'm terrified, i smile when I'm angry, i smile while gulping down a rather....unique-flavored dish at some formal dinner. It has saved my skin a lot, but it's also making it hard for me to convey my real feelings. It has also led to some awkward interaction though....:sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Baldingere likes this.
  10. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can I be so smart and yet do stupid things with my life.

11. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't try to open myself and talk it out whenever I have a problem. And, I believe no one would understand the reason to why i'm like this since even me, myself, don't understand it.

12. Writer_Luna

Writer_Luna Professional Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    •I'm not germaphobic y'all are just unhygienic.
    •if I hate you I'll hate you forever, the "enemies to lovers" is just not me no matter what
    • I don't remember people unless I hold grudges

13. HNCKrstl

HNCKrstl 《The Đevîl's Cøñsørt》『♡Hayyan's Female Version』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like those around me, who observe me (not by choice but because they always see me) seem to understand me better than I do myself. :cookie:

14. Eru101

Eru101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, hmm mine is about self-hatred. I avoid talking it to others unless I share it with people I trust. 'Cause it feels like I'm burdening the person I'm talking with since such topic is too pessimistic. *nods* And my hatred is deeply etched inside me. lol So it's difficult for me whenever others try to deny it. It feels like they're rejecting my existence.

Baldingere likes this.