Spoiler Dear Benjamin- (Korean bl)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sa76, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the main villain Felix father or Isaac's father?

Did Felix know Benjamin is his son?

2. Birdieee

Birdieee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In volume one, the main villain is isaac's stepfather while in the second volume the main villain is felix's father. Overall worth the read

Xienne, Kleep and Mae Rogel 82 like this.
  3. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    Will he find out?

4. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cole Patrick is his stepfather, not his biological father. Issac's dad was an Omega whom Cole was obsessed with and somehow found a way for him to leave his wife and to be with him.
    After he learns that Issac is an Omega he wants him to be a "replace" his father as his mate.

Also, the main reason Issac is on the run is because Cole framed him as having suspected involvement in Issac's father's death.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Xienne and Mae Rogel 82 like this.
  5. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it ever explained in the novel WHY oh WHY did Issac/Casey's father divorce his wife to marry that scumbag Cole? and not only that but also let Cole adopt his son and restrict his ex-wife from seeing their son?

vika.gol likes this.
  6. vika.gol

vika.gol New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for these spoilers! Will there be any more spoilers?

7. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad news! Apparently, the webtoon has been suspended indefinitelly after it had been revealed (and confirmed by the Korean publisher who investigated the allegations when they were brought forward against the artist) that the webtoon's artist had been involved in the past of producing art for shota zine comics that involved babies (yes BABIES) in furrie outfits having sex with adults. The publisher has decided to suspend the comic's release for now until they get a statement from the original novel author who has decided to put their own work on hiatus after hearing the news. The original author is getting heat from this despite having ZERO blame or anything to do with the actions the artist did.

The publisher is now in talks with their legal team to decide where to go from now on, they are considering two options:
    1. dropping the webtoon altogther
    2. assigning a new artist to the project.

kazuki10, mj209 and Reeka98 like this.
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the reason why the author got heat from the readers was because she defended the artist when the "hunt" started again and the readers were the ones who questioned the artist's integrity due to her "shota" works. It was a mistake on the author's part as well since she wasn't aware that the artist had that background and didn't believe in the rumors created by the "illegal readers" of her work which resulted in her getting so much backlash during and after the time she defended the artist. It wasn't until one of the Kr readers who saw the issue that was going on in twitter and reported it, that the company had to address the matter and now the manhwa is on hiatus because they're searching for a new artist for DB.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    kazuki10, mj209 and i_am_here like this.
  9. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the correction!
    Tbh I don't blame the author for "defending" the artist, because for most people if you heard the allegation you naturally think "WTF?!" especially considering the content the artist had been revealed to had drawn was detailed you would instantly think its too extreme to be true, pity the "rumor" turned out to be true. For a lot of people, it's a natural instinct for them "have the back" of their friends and co-workers when they are targeted. I think the author felt they were doing the same thing but didn't realize what kind of person they were defending.

I can't believe what on earth possessed to the artist to think drawing that kind of revolting zines (babies being raped) would not be revealed or come back to haunt them? or why even draw them, to begin with? What a waste of talent and now they are forever blacklisted (their own fault) and will never be hired again because of their stupidity and tactless actions in the past.
    You would need to have shit for brains to think that any good would come from drawing AND profiting from that kind of work. What she was revealed to have drawn makes the most hard-core hentai content from Japan look vanilla in comparison. She would be blacklisted even in Japan! which says alot. And also echoes the gravitas of just how much hot water the publisher is now in to try and rectify the whole thing and disassociate themselves from the artist but continue the series.

mj209, Reeka98 and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  10. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the artist either denied or downplayed doing those "works" on her twitter posts and she deleted it afterwards I guess. As for the author, well in my opinion, it would've been wise for her to be quiet about the issue first and talk about the controversy of the artist with the company to confirm if the rumors were legitimate or not before commenting on Twitter. It's unfortunate that the company commented too late about the situation since it became such a big issue and it really turned out to be true so now the author is getting flak despite giving a formal statement about the hiatus of the manhwa and an apology when she defended the artist on her past twitter posts.

mj209 and i_am_here like this.
  11. i_am_here

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact (according to the twitter revelation thread "exposing" the artist's past) she was posting promo of the "shota" (it's too extreme her work to even be classified as that IMO) zines on her Twitter originally years ago demonstrates just how little brains she has. Again as disturbing as the revelations are for many, I think personally I just can't believe how stupid she was to draw and even agree to do that kind of shit for publication? better yet still have it PUBLISHED and monetized which makes it look a lot worse. she got her big break that most can only dream of - *poof* gone.
    Now her career as an artist is over, she would be lucky if she could get work in the future of any kind since her reputation and those who were associated with her are now in tatters.

The publisher is partly to blame for this because it seems random anon readers did a better job at vetting their artist than they did. If they vetted the artist, to begin with none of this shit show would have happened to the author.

mj209 and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  12. Raelcania

Raelcania Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, i'm new to this, I tried to find the username yet it's not showing up in wattpad, sadly the link also got me nothing. Hopefully someone can help me with this :cry::cry:

13. chrismacolsen

chrismacolsen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With a given situation. There is Zero Percent chance that this manhwa BL series will resume?

14. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they can get a new artist it isn’t impossible, so depends if it was popular enough to make it worthwhile?

15. Fluffy From Flufferland

Fluffy From Flufferland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow I really did not expect this. I just saw the posts after a while and learned the news, which is honestly unexpected. As an author and artist myself, I feel really bad for the author and I feel quite incredulous about the artist. I can never even think of drawing such things, even now I feel nauseated.
    I just hope they get a new artist for the series and hope I can continue to read it. And hope ppl stop mistaking the author and artist of the series are the same person smh.

mj209 and Kleep like this.
  16. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is there spoilers on the 2nd part? What is the grandpa's role? The Wattpad novel if the 2nd book will no longer open....

17. Kumakumakuma

Kumakumakuma New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please, does anyone have spoilers for book 2? Both wattpad and the Spanish translation don’t work anymore. I literally created an account just for this lol

18. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Isaac father was a CIA agent, and he is very talented and have high position despite being an Omega, and that irritated Cole and at the same time he got a hot for such strong omega 'oh how nice it is if I could distorted such upright person and make them succumb to their instinct', by subduing them it gave him a sense of superiority and he also want to teach them a lesson 'how dare an Omega tried to rise higher, they should know their place', that kinda thing, so he kidnapped young Isaac and held him hostage, he raped Isaac father while in the monitor a gun being pointed to Isaac, so Isaac father couldn't do anything, while he raped him, Cole marked Isaac father, a bonded omega body couldn't live without their alpha, and the alpha couldn't have sex with anyone but their omega.

At first Cole objective for kidnapping Benjamin was only to make Isaac works under him again, well thanks to Felix stupid remarks 'Don't you dare hurt him, Benjamin is my son' (at that point in time, he didn't know yet Benjamin is his real son, based on his logic 'I'm gonna married Isaac anyway, so that makes Benjamin my son'), when Cole see Benjamin in person, he knew right away that Felix is the father (everyone knew except Felix), since Felix is an Alpha, Benjamin is an Alpha, that would only mean Isaac an Omega, so Cole changed his plan, he did exactly what he did to Isaac father. While he raped and marked Isaac, he told the story of his father, being raped in the same exact manner. Isaac remember then, there is a time he was kidnapped when he is a child and it was after that incident that his parents fell apart and got divorced later. Cole also told him, that sex between bonded Omega and Alpha is so great, no matter how much Isaac father hated him, he still scream in pleasure, and during his rut, he had sex with Isaac father for days, he couldn't stop till Isaac father stopped breathing (literally), Isaac was so mad that his father died in such humiliating way, all these time all he know is his father died in his mission, not knowing anything, he respected and obeyed Cole even after his father died and agreed being adopted since he didn't want to interfere with his mother new family so he distanced himself from his mother.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  19. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is so sad, dammit I wanna pull out Cole's finger nails, make him prostrate to the family, skin him alive or castrate him...

_dreamlesscloud_ and mj209 like this.
  20. Zayan

Zayan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know about 2nd vol …