I just read a ridiculous story

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    A dude beat us his girlfriend so badly that she was taken to a hospital.
    The prosecutor issued a 6 months restraining order and they got married 4 months later.

So now he has to go to jail?

She never filed any charges against him

Very weird. It is a very protective system but since he is a famous footballer, I feel it is just the Spanish government in another publicity stunt.
    I am sure their time can be spent on average folks

@Lissi @otaku31

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/202...court-orders-imprisonment-of-lucas-hernandez/

otaku31 likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The court going above and beyond the call of duty by literally stepping in where it is not needed, to ensure the letter of the law is obeyed even if it has to go against the spirit of the law in the process. :rolleyes:

I recommend a bit of stretching, if not of the law, then of the judge; I'm told it helps with flexibility— which one cannot do without.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  3. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, At first I thought you were talking about a Chinese drama novel, Than I saw the link for the article.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    At least it gives her time to reconsider this marriage and get out of a (potentially) abusive relationship
    Anyway, this is a penal affair, so there's not only the victime's but also society's good at stake and they have to bring back order. He broke the law, there are consequences to face. Doesn't matter she didn't charge, this behavior can't be accepted. If we let people go as long as the victim didn't mind, how many abusive partners would bully victims into not pressing charges?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    mir likes this.
  5. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't disagree but it looks like a publicity stunt.
    The Spanish government is notorious for targetting foreign footballers.

I think time is best spent on regular citizens.
    The ship has sailed.
    You can't help people who refuse help.
    She needs a therapist for sure.

Marrying someone that soon after he sent you to a hospital is disturbing.
    Instead of arresting, she needs to be forced to take mandatory counseling.
    This is a PR stunt

Jerome Boateng also lost a case for abusing his spouse. The fact that he stands at 6 "4 made his excuses seem ridiculous

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021...ootballer-jerome-boateng-convicted-of-assault

Baldingere likes this.
  6. Lord Sith Lego

Lord Sith Lego Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They both sound crazy and deserve each other. I only feel sorry for the kids if they decide to have any.

7. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    They already have a kid according to the article.
    "Deserve each other" is a bit too strong.
    Abuse, especially prolonged ones leads to people becoming dependent and making horrible decisions
    This is a good example: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-after-years-of-abuse-in-france-found-guilty

mir likes this.
  8. Lord Sith Lego

Lord Sith Lego Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't trust sensational news much since they heavily edited them to get people to tune in. Who knows what is really going on with the couple in reality since it concerns a somewhat public figure.

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not news. It is from court documents.
    It isn't from a tabloid source.
    I avoid such news.
    At least CNN marks things that are not news as opinions.
    That way, I avoid it. Many so-called news establishments do not differentiate opinions from actual news

10. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for sharing. Although i hate this kind os story :blobcry:

mir likes this.
  11. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same story, different game.

This really famous Chinese league of legends player had a terrible problem with his anger issues. He was really cool when he was in NA but after going back to China, I think that he lost it for some reason. He'd break the PC screens, destroy the recording equipment after losses and whatnot.

One evening, he got so angry that he beat up his girlfriend on stream. He had an argument with another streamer but was raging and she tried telling him to calm down and simply block/ignore that guy. But he got angry instead, cussed and then beat her up.

Disappointed a lot of fans including me! Anyway, long story short. She didn't sue him even though she got a black eye and beaten up. The thing about relationships like these is that when the woman is dependent on the guy and does not have financial freedom then usually things are settled behind closed doors.

Regardless, at the end of it she even protected him and requested that the fans forgive him. After thinking about it, I realized that she depends on him and boycotting him is actually indirectly harming her. So its better to request that he learn to deal with his anger issues in exchange of us fans forgiving him! And make sure that he doesn't repeat such actions.

Anyway, I was just looking at what happened again and now I see that he got twitch banned for 3 years or so. Seems to have also changed girlfriends? Uncertain!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Baldingere and Wujigege like this.
  12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the sad reality. People like to believe that things are much better for women but they can't name one female CEO or President of a country.
    It is not much better, it is only slightly better but there is a danger of regression.
    I saw a pretty cool comment: a dude says he is interested in a goal oriented partner not some obedient drone.
    I still know people who say a kitchen is for a woman.
    Patriarchy isn't dead

gyan7 likes this.
  13. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    What kinda dumbfuck marries the person who beat them into a hospital. My sympathy ends right there. Sorry for their future kids, but I'm also hoping they never have any.