Spoiler The Demon Prince goes to the Academy

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lawlogic77, Jul 28, 2021.

1. NaddyQQ

NaddyQQ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes, there it is. Simp motherfucker MC doesn't have the time to think about the two companions who got captured in his stead and are likely being tortured in the Empire but want to save the whore who turned his back on him.

Dude deserves every bit of suffering that comes his way LMAO. Ungrateful bastard.

Faelrix, DiegoR091, KhayDesu and 5 others like this.
  2. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it seem that the novel became too much of a soap opera later,reminds me of the author of "The Novel Extra" with his overdramatic and convuluted plots

3. Lyynna

Lyynna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it is a soup opera, I think the author slowly created the first part to have a big development in the second part. AND the second part, it is just starting. It has been very interesting, it is trying to prove the relations that Vali did as Reinhart.

roata11 and CuriousEyes like this.
  4. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are the two companion? Loyar and old demon dude? I thought both is dead? If so then I don't see why he should even try to save them if they are dead.. Otherwise, yeah, Mc should suffer hell and more for being a fucking simp and forgot his two loyal follower..

5. NaddyQQ

Reading List:
    Link
    Loyar and Ephinhauser are dead. Sarkegaar and Lucinyl (Lord vampire) were captured AFAIK. Unless I missed something.

Zone Q11 and Molkaz like this.
  6. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought sarkegaar was also dead?

7. NaddyQQ

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an MTL containing chapters 448-450 in this page. It says that Sarkegaar was bound by a space barrier while Lucinyl's legs were bound. Something along those lines.

Zone Q11, moneng85 and roata11 like this.
  8. roata11

roata11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 460

That night.

My bedroom in Edina Royal Castle. I sat on the bed and watched Harriet dry her wet hair.

Harriet had changed into her pajamas, not her clothes she had just worn before.

“Sleep as soon as possible. You have a lot of work to do tomorrow. He said he would go to the Empire.”

“…so it should be.”

Nothing else, about six months ago, Harriet and I have been sharing a bedroom.

The Demon King's bedroom has two beds. One is for me, and the bed a little further away from my bed is for Harriet.

It's one of the reasons we share a bedroom out of nowhere.

assassination threat.

Sometimes the actions of those who hate me become visible.

| It doesn't happen too often, but if it's forgotten, it's persistently tried in a different way.

It was poison, and it was also a raid in the middle of the night.

There were many times when the people in the castle were allies.

They weren't even bought.

There were times when the people around me, who normally hated me, merely cooperated with my assassination plan.

Harriet almost died from eating poison

and Olivia were forced to live.

Originally, Harriet, who had been researching new magic or magical items, took on the role of secretary and never left my side.

After that, Harriet started poison-checking everything I ate and drank, and I even bought the ability to resist poison with achievement points. I didn't even eat a single piece of fruit, all the food the people gave me with a smile.

A physical assault could have been countered by a warning from the gigam, but only those who have experienced it know the horror of seeing the face of an acquaintance with a dagger at my breath while asleep.

A lot of people hate me.

Even the humans of the Edina Islands, whom I saved, hate me because they know that the origin of all this is the Demon King.

It happened even after replacing all of the royal users with those who had nothing to lose in the gate avalanche.

All humans hate me to some extent, so I couldn't compose all the manpower of the royal castle with demons who absolutely obey my words. Because the issues of discrimination and subordination of mankind had no choice but to provoke a bigger backlash.

It was not only me, but also Harriet who suffered the attack.

I don't die, so I try to kill the people around me.

Was it just such a thing?

I once fell asleep and when I woke up, I saw Anti-Lianus tying me up and laughing at me outside the royal palace.

What would it have been like if it was not you who came now, but a wizard from the Empire or the Black Order?

It was also Antirian's stinky act, but the memory of that day still chilled my back.

The Empire and the Black Order still don't know where I am, so I'm just safe. An Antirian class mage is killing me

I realized that I could take my life any time I wanted to.

It is not completely unprotected, but it can be destroyed at any time.

So, since then, it has become a habit to share a bedroom with Harriet and fall asleep after putting a number of magical alarms and barriers in the bedroom, almost sealed before going to sleep.

At first, both Harriet and I were upset with each other and tossed and turned, but in the end, time is medicine.

was already accustomed to

One

It was inevitable that the rumors that the Demon King would share the same bedroom with the secretary every day were spreading.

Olivia was surprisingly not angry about him.

Knowing that I was suffering that much from the threat of assassination, he was rather worried about me.

Anyway.

In fact, it began to be known that I had a marital relationship with Harriet, but that part was inevitable.

Really....

Now, I have to say that I feel like there's something very different about that.

In fact, in some respects, Harriet is superior to the Senate Archmage in handling situations.

In most crises, I dealt with physical coping and Harriet's magical coping. Naturally, Harriet and I spent the most time together to protect each other because of the complementary aspect.

After drying his hair, Harriet sat down on his bed, placing a scroll book in the chest of drawers by his bedside.

A

"I've put in the teleport scroll. Since there are over 20, you can use it whenever you need it."

"okay."

“Shall I go with you?”

Harriet, with his hair loose, looks at me.

"No, I don't think I'll go and look good, but I'll go alone. to be dangerous

There won’t be.”

It will be disguised as Sarkegaar's ring anyway, so there's no way his identity will be discovered.

It's not that they don't know the circumstances, and the sights they'll see in the Empire don't look good to anyone. I was going to go quietly by myself, and I was going to come back quietly.

ALL

I lay down on the bed, and Harriet sat with his back on the bed to see if there was a spell book he was looking at, with the book open between his knees and the middle page open.

started to

A soft, yellowish magical light lit the book Harriet was looking at.

“Looking at me, are you sleeping every day?”

“Sleep well enough.” | Don't worry about it, it's like it's growing up, Harriet

beckoned to me without looking at me

all.

I'm also busy, but it was clear that Harriet, who had to coordinate my chores and also had to take care of the safety of the bedroom, would be very tired.

Honestly, I feel it too. At some point, the fact that Harriet's magical achievements were stagnant.

Heriot was also doing the magic research he wanted in his spare time, but the time was so limited that he wasn't making much progress.

One

One

Harriet is actually more suited to a researcher than a practitioner.

But he doesn't have anyone, and he doesn't have anyone I can trust, and he's too good at himself, so he's my secretary and bodyguard.

He has so much to do that he can't do anything he really wants to do.

So this short time before I fall asleep, all I have to do is stay by her side.

During that time, Harriet finds time to read books.

If it was Harriet, I think he would have liked Akasha.

However, Akasha disappeared.

That's why we in Akasha have accumulated for a long time that we didn't even know about.

The magical achievements were completely transformed into a different world of an imaginary dimension.

How many magics were there in Akasha?

Now it has become unknown.

The sound of quietly flipping through the bookshelf. I hear the page turning very carefully, lest it disturb my sleep.

I look at the side face of Harriet who is looking at the book.

“It’s tight.”

Now, even if I call him Pak Tong, he doesn't even look at me.

In fact, since the secretary has the face, it is not called this from outside.

When it's just the two of us like this, I can only say one word as I sang at that time.

That's why Harriet isn't angry.

Do you know that I can only call you sleep like that at this moment?

"thanks."

At my sudden remark, Harriet looks at me with a gentle smile.

"me too."

What are you thankful for?

It seems like I always receive and never give anything.

never knew

Harriet turned to the book again, and I closed my eyes.

- Paah!

Dozens of people appeared in the middle of the square in an instant through the Warp Point.

Because the warp gate was currently unavailable, the ultra-long-distance movement now had to be manually moved by wizards who could use mass teleportation.

As is the case with the Edina Islands, it is natural that all those who can move through mass teleportation are made up of only a few elites.

And now, what appeared through the warp spot were Ellen and the members of the direct department led by Ellen.

After Ellen had finished reporting her mission in the Empire, she was to be dispatched to the next branch straight away.

-Five....

- You are a warrior...

Ellen Artoraus had become famous enough to be called a celebrity.

Judging from the trust of the crowd, the current situation of the Empire was that Ellen had a higher level of support than the Emperor.

So, it was natural for people to gather around Ellen like a cloud.

“Soldier! Our savior!” “Brave, where are you going this time?” “Brave…. Thank you for saving me!”

Ellen saved a lot of people. unfathomably,

“Soldier! cool!"

“Hero!”

“Heroes, please look down over those hills....” |

“Why doesn’t my sister come to the zodiac often?”

It was too familiar to Ellen, and she was no longer unfamiliar with this scene.

However, El Ren was afraid that people full of her despair and suffering would project hope on her.

She is the culprit behind all of this.

People believe in themselves.

He thinks that everything is the devil's fault, and he loves himself.

She didn't even have to run around to save people like this.

Then, if she had believed Reinhardt, this wouldn't have happened.

She didn't save people herself. | It's all because of you that everyone can't even wear proper clothes in this depths of despair, and have become like scavengers.

“I love you, warrior!”

Ellen was afraid to see so many people finding hope in her.

it's all my fault

it's my fault,

Don't like me, don't love me, hate me,

The person who should be hated is me, not the Demon King.

Ellen occasionally seized the urge to say that.

But she could not deliberately plunge into despair those who looked for hope in her.

HR

To those who hate the demon king and somehow endure this miserable life by believing in the hero.

The victims could not be given the drug of despair of the truth on purpose.

People seek her salvation from Ellen.

That is why those who infest the Empire do not turn into mobs.

When Ellen says that all of this happened because of her own fault, people won't even believe it once they say it, but even if they believe it, that's a problem.

warrior and empire

When the crowd finds out that this happened because of the

In an instant, the empire collapses.

When the empire collapses, there will be no humanity. “Are you going to kill the Demon King?”

"Ah...."

A girl clings to Ellen's arm and asks.

Devil.

The eyes of those who believe that killing the Demon King will bring peace to the world.

From a child longing for hope to old age

Even Eun-i's hateful eyes...

the hope of mankind. I feel like there will come a day when I will be forced to stand in front of Reinhardt as its spokesperson.

That's what Ellen was afraid of.

Central Palace Tetra.

“Kernstadt's capital, Köllen, is no problem.

uh. What is important is which of the satellite cities to restore from.”

"Huh."

Ellen was discussing the future after completing the mission report to Bertus. Ellen looked at Bertus with a tired expression on his face.

Even the powerful princes succeeded in defending only a few cities, including the capital. After the Empire had restored all of its direct territories, it now had to decide which Principalities it would fully support.

From now on, the restoration work of Kernstadt, which could be said to be the 1st Principality, was to begin.

Warp gates within the territory of Kernstadt had already been destroyed.

So, you only need to eliminate the monsters hiding all over the city.

But it's easy to say, while performing this task, many soldiers, knights, and wizards would die.

The current situation was to restore the empire while consuming human resources.

"What do you think?"

“I think it would be better to organize the periphery of cities that have succeeded in defense than to restore each city. There will be few survivors in these already destroyed cities. I think it can be done gradually.”

“…Yes, that makes sense.”

Bertus was thinking with his arms crossed.

How about Charlotte...?”

At Ellen's question, Bertus clicked his tongue.

“…as it is.”

Ellen is the hero of the Empire.

Therefore, he was as tiredly heard of his misunderstanding about his princess as he was of hearing the story of the Talent by killing the Demon King.

She said the princess was cursed,

The hero may be harmed, so she tells the princess to be careful.

Ellen, who is often away from the Empire, was on the side to see Charlotte's condition when she returned to the Empire. First of all, Ellen is the guardian knight of the princess.

| But that's what Ellendo Bertus is.

He couldn't open Rum Charlotte's closed mouth.

She couldn't open her mouth, but Charlotte burst into tears as she looked at her Ellen.

As Ellen blames herself, she blames Charlotte as well.

All these things that happened because they did not trust Reinhardt, the two had no choice but to realize their guilt the moment they saw each other.

It seems Ellen thinks it's all her fault. Charlotte, too, blamed it all on her own.

Even though she couldn't talk, every time she watched Charlotte's cry, Ellen couldn't help but know her heart.

In the end, the conclusion was that the majority of the crowd wanted the princess to die now.

“Aside from that, is there anything else you need on site or anything like that?” “As always, you need a power cartridge.”

"I'm sure... I don't know when the Daeling production system will be ready."

Power cartridge and moonshine.

The one that Reinhardt made to prepare for the gate incident.

As intended, power cartridges have now become the most important war materials on the battlefield.

The wizards who drew their magic from the power cartridge were demonstrating enormous power on the battlefield.

Close combat majors who took Moonshine were rapidly improving their skills. In fact, the number of those who awakened to magical enhancement was increasing exponentially.

Therefore, a strange phenomenon was taking place in which the dying military powers were being filled to some extent due to the speed at which the existing military power grew stronger.

It must have been made to make the demon king's army stronger,

The objects that Bertus thought so had become the most important war supplies that are now indispensable.

After all that had happened, Bertus realized that the only correct answer was a choice he should have never made.

He should have released the Demon King as it was.

Even though he knew that regret was of no use, Bertus was tormented by it.

In all these situations, everyone blames themselves.

Charlotte to herself.

Ellen to herself.

Bertus also.

He said he was responsible for everything.

She thought so.

“Is there anything else in particular worth talking about?”

Ellen was silent, and something of her came to mind.

| “She heard there was paradise in the south,” she said.

uh."

"Paradise?"

“Yeah, what a strange thing… I think a belief is spreading.”

"...okay. You would want to believe in such a story.”

It's an overly desperate time, so strange nonsense is always made.

Therefore, Bertus had no choice but to regard the rumor as false.

Chapter 461

Ellen cannot stay long in the Empire.

After she's done the bare minimum, she has to be put back into her field right away. It was partly because of the situation in the Empire, and partly because of Ellen's own will.

After a brief conversation with Bertus, Ellen headed to the Palace of Spring, as always.

Some people couldn't even come near the Palace of Spring. Of course, Ellen was not bound by that kind of thing.

Arriving at Charlotte's bedroom, the Palace of Spring, Ellen was able to see exactly what Bertus had seen the other day.

The princess sits on the bed and hugs her knees, staring blankly out of her window.

Charlotte de Gradias in the form of a demon.

She has been assimilated with the spirit of the Demon King. It was because of her demon lord's soul that she became like this, but perhaps because of that, Charlotte almost cut off her musical skills, and although she was weakened, she did not die.

| Lo

"Charlotte's "

At Ellen's gentle call, Charlotte slowly turned her head to look at her.

Vertically torn pupils in red eyes.

She had eyes that would make anyone feel her eerie feeling when they saw her, but Ellen could only read her sorrow and regret from those eyes.

Charlotte, looking at her Ellen, buried her face between her knees.

She watched Ellen silently as her dry, stale tears wet her camisole that her Charlotte was wearing.

Both know that regret can't produce anything, but they can't help but regret it.

If I had trusted Reinhardt,

Numerous tragedies derived from that one word were the cause of the dire events unfolding to mankind.

Reinhardt disappeared, and mankind fell into ruin.

Therefore, the two had no choice but to reconfirm each other's sins whenever they saw each other like this.

Ellen can still do anything. She can save people, even that.

But she said that Charlotte couldn't even make herself visible to her crowd, so she couldn't do anything other than lock herself up in the Palace of Springs.

Ellen slowly walked over to Charlotte and sat down by her bedside.

Then, he carefully embraced slender Charlotte.

“Soon, we will be able to destroy all warp gates on the entire continent.”

“Then, if you slowly get rid of all the monsters on the continent, all of this is over.”

With her words she couldn't even comfort herself with, Ellen said she hoped Charlotte could somehow relieve her guilt, she spoke softly.

“Then now those who have lost their homes will be able to find them again.”

The dead cannot come back.

“Now, everyone can find their home... and live like they used to.”

Her lost homeland cannot be brought back by anything.

“It will take a long time, but if you do it little by little… everything will come back to the way it was before.”

A broken relationship cannot be restored forever.

“So, let’s do a little bit more. A little more… a little more…”

As she spoke, Ellen ended up in her own words.

A lot of these things she had been neglecting came to mind and bit her lip violently.

The taste of fishy blood through torn lips

felt

……”

“……”

"we...."

Ellen's voice finally trembles.

“Can I be forgiven...?”

to Reinhardt.

to the whole world.

I want to be forgiven, but I know I can't be forgiven.

Charlotte cried,

Ellen, she couldn't even cry.

The more Ellen faced her Charlotte, the worse she felt.

They didn't get along very well at first, but after things turned like this, Ellen and Charlotte were just a Guardian Knight and Master.

Beyond that relationship, it has become a strange relationship where they share a sense of guilt.

It was a relationship bound by sadness and guilt.

They were projecting the same feelings into each other.

So Ellen couldn't ignore her Charlotte. Even though she knows she can't make her Charlotte's condition better, and she knows she won't hear any answers, she tells Ellen that after her gruesome days of battle, she returns to the Empire.

Upon returning, she found the Palace of Spring.

that the situation is improving,

She always said that to her.

Strictly speaking, that's not a lie.

I can only say that the situation has improved with the progress from the worst to the worst.

She said she saved a few people today.

It wasn't a lie either.

She just didn't say how many people died in the fight.

She also said that she drove the monsters out of the ruined city.

That's not a lie either.

She just didn't say she didn't have a single living person in the ruins.

She did not tell lies, but she did not tell her wretched truth.

Even though she knows that Charlotte can fully read the other side.

In those tales, Ellen left the Palace of Spring and the Imperial Palace, leaving her unchanged Charlotte behind.

From the hill at the entrance of the Imperial Palace, Ellen could see the temple beyond this line.

The temple, which had been disrupted by the meteor shower, had already been restored.

The cradle of talent training, where the world's best talents gathered, has now been transformed into a military base that trains combatants.

As the intercontinental connection was cut off, the Temple was now recruiting and training refugees who showed any talent in combat.

Temple, who had been shunned by people and received expensive tuition, now provides weapons to those who want to fight, teaches them how to fight, and then sends them to the field.

No matter how much moonshine there is, most of them are put into the battlefield as soldiers without even realizing their magical powers, and they die countless times.

Existing students of the temple, carefully selected and selected, are active in battle, but the newly drafted ones were mostly idiots with a desire for revenge.

Even such idiots needed the current state of the country.

Although she had many people saved by Ellen, she longed for the hero who saved her, so she volunteered as her battle fighter, and she knew that there were countless others who died like ephemera.

Temple, which was the cradle of talented people, was now raising fire moths.

Fortunately, none of the classmates of the Royal Class, Ellen, died.

It's terrifying to have to say that I'm happy.

And Ellen felt eerie that she had to use the expression 'yet'.

The time is night.

She had some time left before she was dispatched to the next operation.

She's afraid people will recognize her, Ellen put her hood on.

Ellen is no longer tired of her fame, she is afraid.

Ellen, who was quietly walking on the streets of the Imperial Capital, felt a certain popularity behind her.

There are a lot of people, but it seems like someone is looking at you.

such a popular person.

When she turned her head, there was no one there.

“……?”

It seemed that something was clearly looking at him.

Ellen gets a quaint feeling and she walks the streets of gold again.

She didn't expect to see Ellen, she thought.

She knew that I was busy, and that guy was also having a busy time.

She just heard that as soon as she got to the zodiac she heard the people on the streets tell her that the warrior-sama had returned.

She Ellen is in the Empire.

She just wondered if she would, she stood blankly near the entrance to the imperial palace.

She was pretty, she waited a long time.

She was so she could see.

She used to wear a hood, but she could see her face inside.

She looked at Ellen with a more aloof and cold expression than before. And there was an indelible fatigue on her face.

Maybe she could have talked to me.

If she talked to her, she might have had a surprisingly normal conversation.

But quite a bit of time has passed.

I don't know what Ellen is thinking.

She played a decisive role in Ellen's escape from her, but she now doesn't know what she's thinking.

She might hate me, and she might be sorry for me.

It's a time when she can't say how she's been, but she wondered if she could share anything.

She wanted to hold on and talk.

But she's not the Ellen I met when she was a student in Temple Royal class.

Ellen Artorius.

She is the hope of mankind and the enemy of the Demon King.

She is not Reinhardt, who was also a Royal Class student, just as Ellen could no longer be a Royal Class student.

It's just a relationship divided by the dichotomy of a hero and a demon king.

we should not meet

Talking should not be done

it will be one day

I don't know when the coming fate will be pushed in front of me, but our conversations will only make each other more painful in the end.

So I was satisfied with just looking at it from a distance.

no.

not satisfied

I haven't seen you in years.

I just can't be satisfied with that.

I wanted to watch more.

But I couldn't, so it doesn't seem like I'm doing well, but I confirmed that I was doing well, so that was it.

I walked the Empire.

Only pain could be read from the faces of those who were afflicted with death, exhaustion, and hardship.

Since the gate incident occurred in the capital, even the residents of the capital did not lose anything.

Most people would have lost a parent, a brother, a child, or a family.

There were people who went somewhere because they had to live in despair.

Among those desperate expressions, there were clearly those who were the only ones who made a hopeful expression.

- The warrior is back!!

- You must have killed a bunch of monsters this time too.

- Will you kill the Demon King someday?

There was hope in the faces of people talking about Ellen.

Hatred and anger towards the Demon King.

A being who sublimates such negative emotions into hope.

Warrior.

In this Empire gradient overflowing with melancholy, anger and hatred, Ellen was the one who gave people the least amount of hope.

The people, engulfed in fear and hatred, were, as always, producing stories and rumors.

- The Demon King has returned to the Darkland and is gathering monsters from the Gate...

-The monsters that roam the continent are not even the hairs of a hair compared to the Demon King's main force...

- No matter how brave you are...

Among the crowds of the zodiac, I not only command the monsters of the gate, but also

He led the monsters and finished rebuilding the Millennium Kingdom in the Dark Land. It seemed to be the mainstream to believe.

Darkland?

After traveling around to absorb the demon forces of the frontier, I never went there.

- The hero has two holy relics, but the demon king also has two...

- If the hero had been tricked by the demon king at the temple... I'm afraid to even imagine.

- That's why the hero revealed the true identity of the Demon King a long time ago. The warrior knows everything. You're not the one to fall for the devil's nonsense.

It was known that the reason I infiltrated the temple was to recruit the warrior Ellen Artorius.

what is a crowd

They share the words they imagined as snacks, and then they start to believe them. Fake truths that have lost their source do not even know who started spreading them.

I had become the ruler of the reconstructed, strongest Dark Land in history.

They imagine freely, fear freely, and hate freely.

There is no such country.

My country is in the Edina Islands in the sea to the far south beyond your eyes, and there are humans and demons, not monsters at the gate.

If you think about it, reality is harder to believe

The Demon King lives with humans.

If I wasn't the Demon King and was one of those crowds, I'd have urged those who swear by such nonsense not to be harsh.

First of all, the fact that I can control and control the monsters at the gate was a common saying among these and other nonsense.

Since I caused this situation, of course, the Demon King seemed to imagine that he could control the monsters at the gate.

If that is possible and if I truly hate mankind, why can't I imagine that I would have invaded the Empire and wiped it out sooner?

The truth is always meaningless, as if someone made such an opinion, another rumor would be created to refute that opinion.

And it wasn't just me that the rumors were aimed at.

- Could the emperor be actually being manipulated by the princess?

-Yeah, otherwise, there's no reason to leave the princess as it is.

- No matter how important the princess is, it is strange that the princess who has been cursed by the Demon King is not being released.

-As the Empire said, if the princess is fine, you should see her at least once, but there's never been a time like that, right?

There is even a story about the fact that the Empire does not execute Charlotte because the Emperor is being manipulated by her princess.

-Ah, there is still a hero, but if that's the case, then you wouldn't have stayed still.

- That's right, but...

In the end, Ellen was also the brake on this problem.

People believe in the omnipotence and omniscience of the Demon King, but that's why they also believe in Ellen's omnipotence and omniscience as an adversary.

If the princess really fell, why would Ellen, the guardian knight, stand still?

Therefore, the story and atmosphere that the princess should be executed did not differ to any extreme, and seemed to maintain a delicate balance.

-That's the case with the princess, but her three enemies are....

- Those fucking bitches...

Liana de Granz.

Olivia Lanche.

Herriot de Saint-Ouen.

The three students who took my side and ran away from the temple together.

They are called the Three Enemies in the human world, and they have become traitors of mankind.

It was.

Perhaps, the three of them were human beings, so they were a symbol of more hatred than me.

There are refugee camps both in the Edina Islands and in the Yellow Islands.

However, the Edina Archipelago was able to expand indiscriminately to all existing territories because there was nothing to envy monsters.

The zodiac can't do that.

You cannot increase the residential area arbitrarily, and even if you increase it, you cannot protect it. When monsters roam the continent

I don't know if this attack will come.

So the Empire does not intervene in the expansion of the camp, but people continue to flow in.

Let's enter the expansive refugee camp, which is lined with shacks. me

could not help but feel some bizarre pleasure.

Arriving at the zodiac for the first time, I entered Elerys' shop, and a few days later I saw a group of beggars under the Bronzegate piers.

Beggars who lived in the shacks that were built randomly, smelling of alcohol.

Rotary Club.

---------
    The landscape of the past where those people who died and disappeared now spread out to the horizon.

A vast land of beggars that spreads out as soon as they cross the border of the city of the Yellow Capital.

That was the reality of the great and splendid capital of the Gradias Empire, Gradium.

The shacks that were built in a bad way are not soundproof nor windproof, and they are not built according to the standards, so people lying on the floor in them.

it looked like this

The smell of filth, the smell of something rotting, and flies and other day-to-day insects smashed into my face.

Edina's refugee camp was not in good condition, but it wasn't so terrible.

There was smoke coming out of a fire somewhere, so I went to see if there was such a thing as a group luncheon, but it wasn't at all.

It was smoke from burning corpses.

Is an epidemic spreading? Still, there are priests who take measures against disease, so it wouldn't be that serious.

Was it simply starvation?

Near the smoke of burning corpses, children in scruffy lines were running and playing.

Even in this situation, I could feel the children laughing brightly, but the wretched horror of the people who were burning corpses next to them.

More like hell

It was like seeing the landscape of a life that was forced to adapt to hell.

I decided not to think like that.

If it wasn't for me

I wish I wasn't alone

Reflexively, I couldn't help the thoughts that flooded in me.

city
    ------------
    “……”

The Gradias Empire was hell.

[​IMG] 1633878734251.jpg
    [​IMG] 1633878734243.jpg

whoa empire more in chaos than i thought, i wonder what their reaction when Edina island situation more well known.........who am i kidding, ofcourse they will assassination attempt and sending the hero to subdue the demon king

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Zone Q11, reader_O8, Molkaz and 2 others like this.
  9. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks,
    Amazing, I though the novel would go downhill but it keeps on getting better
    is there a korean forum where they discuss this series? what do the readers have to say about the whole thing?

10. roata11

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if there are forum for discussing this novel or not, but you can check the latest chapter in kakao and read through the comment there. Most comment in chapter 461 is about how mc forgetting sarkegaar and lucinel again

Here comment page for 461:
    https://page-kakao-com.translate.go...r_sl=ko&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=id&_x_tr_pto=nui

I wonder what adriana doing after logar dead and she thought about it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    moneng85 likes this.
  11. CuriousEyes

CuriousEyes Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will reinhart/vali pull a lelouch ending moment

12. Sunny.Sphynx

Sunny.Sphynx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's too much of a simp for that

13. roata11

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 462

The situation inside the city center was the best, and people in the shantytown area where the refugees live wondered if they could survive this winter.

Even the Empire cannot abandon them in the end.

I could see the guards handing out something in front of the long line to see if the distribution was taking place.

- Boom!

- You said you wouldn't take it!

- Grandpa... Maybe he'll die after this...

A loud noise was heard from somewhere in the shantytown.

- I think I will receive treatment from the priests who serve the dirty demon king! just die! cancer! must die!!

In some shack, the priest in the white priestly robe, which had been banished, slowly got up with a depressed expression.

Tuan and the Ars Church.

People began to reject the gods who chose the Demon King.

Among the priests who came out to support the refugees, Als could not use the divine power of healing, so the priests of the Tuan Order were refused even to heal people.

I was watching as the Priestess of Tuan walked somewhere with her head down with a depressed expression amidst the people's gossip.

There was no need to watch this scene.

The reality of the Empire was fully known by this.

But I couldn't get out of bed easily.

I think it's my responsibility to put all these sights into my eyes. I feel like I have to do that anyway.

Just looking at these terrible things that happened because of me couldn't solve anything, but I felt like I had to do it anyway.

I pass through the endless landscapes of ruined life.

The closer we got to the outskirts, the more serious the situation.

Among the shacks, I could often see maggots and flies entangled in dead bodies.

The Empire is currently incapable of supporting all these populations.

Somehow, people are saved, but if the people who rescued them eventually starve to death like this, what is the reason to save people?

There are only consequences of being killed by monsters or being slowly killed by starvation.

Just as I used wizards to grow food in the Edina Islands, the Empire must be doing similar things.

In addition, the empire consumes manpower to protect this vast territory from monsters.

In addition to supporting the already existing Principalities, there are people working to end the Gates crisis.

The Edina Islands have the condition that all resources can be used to support the people, but the Empire is not like that.

That is why people were dying in vain in places the Empire could not control.

In an overly desperate situation, there is neither anger nor hatred on the faces of people.

Those who were cast in the shadows of death were slowly dying because they did not even have the energy to resent the world, sitting on the streets.

By the time we approached the outskirts of the refugee zone.

-bang!

- Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

- Aaaaaah!

- It's a monster!

I could see the monster breaking through the shack and running wild.

of the gate that flowed in from somewhere

monster.

There is no such thing as a guard in this unmanned field.

Even if there is, I don't know if it will be dealt with or not.

A monster about 4 meters tall with the face of a wild boar and the body of a gorilla.

Not many, but one entity.

Although it does not appear to be such a powerful individual, if left as it is, hundreds of people in the refugee camp would die.

Civilians can't do anything about it.

In the blank area of security, even if one monster like that flows in, hundreds of people will die.

There was no time to delay.

Activate the magic of the body and run.

It was quite a distance, but it wasn't even a matter of running this distance with my main force.

-thud! Kwajik!

- escape! run away!

As people ran to the middle of the scene where they were brutally crushed and crushed.

“Suck!”

- Koo!

At the same time as making a fist, it converts the magical energy contained in the fist into destructive power as it is.

- Kook!

Just by hitting it with a fist loaded with magic, the monster's head exploded.

I still haven't reached the masterclass,

I am stronger than ever before.

I didn't reach the masterclass, but that doesn't mean I'm too weak.

in Bali

Race: Arcdemon

current ability

[Strength 26.4(A+)] [Reflex 23(A)] [Dexterity 20.9(A-)]

[Magic 41.9(SS)] [Health 25.8(A)]

Talent

[Superpower - Self-Suggestion]

[Superpower - Words]

[Magic Domination]

[Weapon]

[Resistance]

[Ability Resistance]

[Toxic Resistance]

characteristic

[Sacred Spirit]

[Blood of the Brave]

[Grease]

holding capacity

[Asmodian Rule A]

[Self-suggestion]

[Speech B]

[Magic Enhancement A]

Comprehensive Ability Assessment - Demon Lord

Combat Level Assessment - S+

As if to gain experience, be a monster

Each time you hit, you get achievement points.

Over the course of these years, Edina's work increased, and I had less and less to fight in person, but in the beginning I had to fight without even taking a breather. These were the days to tear the skins of monsters apart. I invested my piles of achievement points in strengthening myself.

Personally, I wanted to raise my magic power to the maximum, but after reaching SS rank, it became impossible to invest.

The top talent, which had become too expensive, could not be bought, but some talents were also able to bloom.

But since he had to focus on the king's work, he spent more time sitting on the throne after his initial fierce battles.

So there were some things that couldn't progress to this next step.

However, my basic physical abilities have been extremely developed, and my magic power has risen to a bizarre level, so I think the output of magic is itself a master class.

It was also an incomparable situation.

I am who I am now who has achieved deformed growth in which only basic abilities are enlarged without being able to enter the next stage. Therefore, the output itself is not inferior to any other master class, but more than that. It just lacks sophistication and versatility.

Judging by the magic power alone, I am now on the same level as Sabi Olin Tana.

Of course, she's not confident she can win a fight with her, but

- Koo!

The body of the monster that had lost its head was torn apart in vain.

Although I was covered in the flesh and blood of the monster, the clothes I was wearing did not come out on the paper as it flowed down the magical barrier that covered my body.

In that short bird, the monster killed about twenty shacks and about fifteen people.

It happened less than a minute before the monster appeared.

-Oh oh....

- Who, who...?

The people who were running away stared blankly at me, who had neutralized the monster at once.

After all, it was transformed through the ring of Sarkegaar.

no one recognizes me

You don't need to explain anything, you don't need to say anything.

The moment you are about to leave.

- Kuruk!

Something like blood bubbled up from the dead monster's corpse, and something started to rise.

tentacle.

Tentacles, sharp like awls hidden in a corpse, aim at me and shoot.

- Kakang!

I summoned Alsbringer and struck out the tentacles.

It felt too intense a shock to be the sound of flesh and sword collide.

No matter how great my magic protection is, monsters cannot predict it.

I thought he was dead, but tentacles sticking out of his body.

- Hwareuk!

The flames ignited by Hwayo's flame burned the monster's corpse as well as the bouncing and wriggling tentacles.

people look at me

- That's...

- That black...

People's eyes on me are fixed on my sword.

Recognizing relics is basically for the literate.

However, the two holy relics possessed by the Demon King.

Alsbringer and Tiamatta's appearance became as famous as Ellen's Rament and Lapelt.

So, people find out.

“Ma… the Demon King…”

One of the people who fell and trembled pointed at me.

“It is the mark of the Demon King!”

Mark of the Demon King.

That was the new nickname given to Alsbringer and Tiamata.

People gradually grew terrified and began to run away.

- The Demon King has appeared!

It wasn't something I wanted anyone to know anyway.

I already knew enough about Gradium.

I took out the scrollbook and opened the teleport scroll.

I watched the people running away in fear until the light of the teleport swallowed me up.

“What do you mean the demon king has appeared?”

Just before Ellen left the Imperial Palace, she heard strange stories floating around and she went straight to the Imperial Palace.

Devil.

As soon as she heard her words, Ellen felt her head go blank. | I can't stand not hearing what's going on

couldn't

So, no matter how much Ellen she was, she had no choice but to commit the rudeness of suddenly visiting the emperor.

It was time to go to sleep, but Bertus heard of this rumor and went to bed.

No, it was in the office.

Bertus was salivating as he rested his right hand on his temple.

“It's not the first time we've heard nonsense coming out of the refugee zone...”

At those words, Ellen felt her strangely burning heart sink coldly.

canard.

People who see in vain in fear and panic often fell.

Ellen wondered if she had barely been swayed by such a story, but it seemed that a crack had opened in her dark heart.

“Strictly speaking, I think I saw the Alsbringer, not the Demon King. From the description of the appearance, it seems that Alsbringer is certain... Then the Demon King.... Reinhart would be correct.”

Hearing her words, Ellen's lips trembled.

If she had seen Arsbringer, the owner couldn't have been anything else, so she was rightly seeing the Demon King.

“What strange things are you saying? The demon king brought a monster, killed the refugees, and disappeared…”

That short new story was twisted. Ellen shook her head violently.

“It can’t be… it can’t be…”

"of course. I don't know why or for what reason, but a monster appeared in the outskirts, Reinha

Ruth killed the monster and went somewhere. But, who would believe that the Demon King saved people?”

The demon king killed the monster that was attacking the refugees and disappeared. However, those who saw the scene directly saw the demon king killing the monster,

For those who did not see, the demon king appeared from afar while the monster was killing the blood refugees.

heard only the story

The truth that the demon king killed the monster that was killing the refugees and suddenly disappeared was buried among rumors that spread like wildfire.

The Demon King saved the people.

There is no reason for the Demon King to do so, so people do not believe the truth.

So, a credible lie would become the truth.

“Damn it, did Reinhardt feel like this…”

“……”

Ellen and Bertus were feeling the frustration Reinhardt must have felt in real time.

There's no reason for Reinhardt to do that.

If you really want to raid the refugee outskirts, you can't bring just one monster.

People hide only the truth they want to believe in fear.

It is hard to believe that a section of the refugee zone would become a sea of fire if Reinhardt tried to raid properly.

I don't believe it because I can't believe it.

The truth doesn't work for a crowd driven mad by fear and hatred.

How do you believe in the Demon King?

Ellen and Bertus, who could not believe Reinhardt under such thoughts,

Now that I knew the truth, I was in a position where I had to watch the truth, not the truth, but a credible lie, spreading as the truth.

“Anyway, why did Reinhardt come here….”

Ellen felt Bertus's doubts as well.

At this time, the Demon King, who had not heard any news after leaving the Imperial Capital, appeared in the Imperial Capital.

Ellen suddenly remembered that he had felt the sensation he had just watched him.

That strange feeling that I thought was an illusion.

no way.

...No way.'

The thought that it might have been Reinhardt made Ellen feel embarrassed.

On a subject that he did not believe in Reinhardt. Are you still trying to delusion that Reinhardt might think of you?

He thought Reinhardt might have been watching him. Ellen laughed at herself, wondering how absurd and outrageous her delusions were.

Where is Reinhardt's reason for doing so?

He doesn't know where he is, but Reinhardt went somewhere with people who believed in him.

There's no reason for him to have to find himself again or watch him.

This year has passed.

In this tragic misfortune, Reinhardt would have long forgotten his feelings for himself.

Reinhardt did nothing wrong to Ellen.

The only thing wrong with you is yourself.

So Reinhardt can forget himself. Because he was betrayed.

He himself cannot forget Reinhardt. because he betrayed

Therefore, Ellen believes that Reinhardt remembers and remembers herself, and there is no way that even the slightest bit of such a feeling will remain.

I don't even have the right to wish for that. She thinks she is.

“Hey…why did you come…”

Then why in the Hwangdao, which has never been here before?

Why did you appear?

Neither Ellen nor Bertus knew the reason.

The main port city of the Edina Islands is Rajak, the capital.

When I got back, Harriet took off the robe I was wearing and wrapped it around his hands.

“How was the Empire?”

“…even as a joke, I can’t say it’s good.”

“...how much was it?”

“We have already crossed the limit of the population that the emperor can support. People are flocking to me, and I was the seller who had to worry about all of them starving to death. In the outskirts, there was no security at all, and it wasn't a crime, but if a horde of monsters got caught wrong, thousands of people would die in ten minutes.”

At my words, Harriet sighed deeply.

“And a monster appeared from the outskirts, speaking Alsbringer. Perhaps I had appeared in the ecliptic

Eyewitness accounts will spread.... It won't be a big deal, but I can only predict what kind of rumor this will spread... I don't know what effect this will have in the future."

“Allsbringer?”

“Uh, it’s not a big deal, but there is a slightly dangerous situation.”

“Yeah, I’m glad I didn’t get hurt anyway.

Hey."

Harriet and I walked side by side down the royal corridor.

The demon king appeared in the emperor.

I didn't really do anything special, but the story of my appearance inevitably had a huge impact on the entire ecliptic.

Because the majority of the crowd knew that the demon king could appear in the ecliptic at any time.

People are more afraid of me and may panic.

Even if it was dangerous, I shouldn't have summoned Alsbringer.

However, there are plenty of monsters that can pierce Auror Arthur. Even if the sword masters aren't funny, they don't die for nothing by the monsters.

We don't know how the Demon King's emergence from the Ecliptic will spread fear in the Ecliptic.

Rather than writing my own, I should have left it alone.

Just thinking about it made the back of my neck feel cold.

Now, I was afraid to let this thought inadvertently.

The troubled circumstances of the zodiac had also been heard from Antirian, but when he saw it with her own eyes, it became even more real.

The Edina Archipelago was also about to explode due to the problem of people's livelihood, but compared to the Yellow Islands, it was like a paradise. There were obviously people starving, but no one was starving.

"Mr. Airi said that the psychological counseling for the refugees who came this time will be finished within three days. He will probably bring you personal information soon."

“Oh, yes.”

I don't know when the next refugee transport ship will arrive, but the succubus' refugee management was also accelerating. In the early days, the power over dreams was overused, resulting in the refugees becoming overly in love with the succubus.

When sadness and despair turn into obsession with succubus, both the succubus and the refugees struggle with each other.

Psychiatrists say they don't build strong relationships with clients.

| Succubus are people who have never done anything like that in the first place. I'm not very good at it, but it was something I had to do, so I couldn't be good at what you did.

Still, as time passed, the succubus no longer had such a problem.

year

Ji

Even after leaving the temporary shelter, the succubus regularly visited and shared stories about the situation of those with severe symptoms.

It's a place that takes care of mental issues as well as food, clothing and shelter issues...

If you think about it, it seems like a pretty good place.

Of course, it only makes me feel dirty when I realize that I am in a position to just take care of what happened because of me.

but.

As I was walking down the hallway with Harriet, Antirian walked out from the side of the hallway as if he was waiting.

“Oh!”

It really came out of nowhere and Harriet was walking next to me, screaming in amazement, and then covering her mouth.

This old man sometimes comes out of nowhere and confuses people.

Harriet knows that Antirian is the second most helpful to me in the Senate after Elerys.

But, like I did, Harriet did not trust Antirian at all.

First of all, who can trust a servant who tries to cure his insecurity by kidnapping the king in the middle of the night?

Antirian takes off his fedora and bows his head deeply to me.

“Great being, how was the view of the ecliptic that you saw with your naked eyes?”

Was that what you were trying to ask?

“How would it be? I couldn’t see it.”

I must have wanted to see it with my own eyes and see me fall apart.

As if my reaction was quite bland, Antirianus twisted his lips slightly, as if a little grumpy.

He's like a nasty old monster.

“Did you think about how to bring the princess?”

"I don't know yet. I'll have to think about it later."

“Surprisingly, I secretly asked her to give me her princess.

If you pass it, she can easily put it out, isn't it? If the Empire wants to protect her princess in any way.”

At Antirian's words, I nodded.

“Yeah, it’s not that I haven’t thought about that.”

If you tell Bertus to give up her princess, she might rather give it to her.

“But there will be no excuses for the Empire to give to the missing princess. It's just like saying it's gone, it's nothing

It would be plausible to say that the demon king just kidnapped him without any other incident, and as a result, the empire would be in trouble. It's also important for her to bring Charlotte, but that doesn't make the Empire more chaotic."

It's not that I haven't considered Antirian's suggestion.

However, the public's attention is now focused on her undisputed princess.

Her princess suddenly disappeared.

The crowd cannot easily believe such an announcement. already the imperial family

It is a situation where there is some degree of distrust.

Bringing Charlotte is not just a matter of me saving a single person.

If she chooses her wrong way, she can save Charlotte, but it might lead to a massive riot. And when I saw the noble public sentiment after the emperor's death, I realized what the scale of the riot would be.

all.

A riot broke out and the empire collapsed, or a riot broke out and the empire slaughtered its mobs.

The former leads to the collapse of the empire, and the latter leads to the long-term collapse of the empire through mass slaughter.

So, I have to approach this issue with more than a degree of caution.

I don't want empires to be perfect.

But I don't want it to be destroyed.

The empire must exist until the gate incident is completely finished and the monsters that exist on the continent are wiped out.

That is why I am not too judgmental about this problem that can be easily solved with an easy approach.

Antirian smiles softly at my thoughtful answer.

“As for that matter, but what are you going to do about the matter of Prince Sarkegaar and the Lord of Wednesday...?”

“……”

Antirian touched my wrath

Those two.

Charlotte is also Charlotte, but I still haven't been able to get back the two of them who are still held captive in the Empire.

That night.

As usual, I was organizing the day in the bedroom with Harriet.

I've been to the Empire, and I've talked to Antirian, so I'm feeling a bit queasy.

The deaths of Epinhauser and Royard had not yet been properly thought of.

However, he hadn't even thought of rescuing Lucinil and Sarkegar, who were still alive.

There was too much work to be done.

No, in fact, it may be just an excuse.

He declared to the Empire that if Lucinil and Sarkegar were killed, there was a hostile relationship thereafter. But I don't know where or how they are being treated.

However, we can only speculate to a certain extent that they are under strict management within the Imperial Palace.

Although Antirian is spying on the Imperial and Imperial territories, he has no knowledge of their whereabouts.

The fact that I still do not know the whereabouts of the two is already a clue to some extent in itself. In negotiations with the Empire that may or may not happen in the future, the two will serve as a card that the Empire can put forward.

Can I get them both in return for protecting Charlotte?

It was an issue that could not be approached prematurely.

“Both of you will be fine.”

At Harriet's words, I nodded quietly.

But it was true that I had doubts

"As you know, Sarkegaar is the one who kidnapped the princess and the empress during the last Demon World War. If it's Lucinil, then Sarkegaar could be dead."

The Empire will now know what Sarkegar has done.

So, it is unlikely that the Sarque-Garle Empire, who had done such a thing, would have already killed it, even if my warning had been given.

And since I had such a Sarkegaar as my subordinate, the devil may still hate me, saying that he was a wicked man.

Sarkegaar.

It was Sarkegaar who wanted to rebuild the Demon Realm more than anyone else.

I didn't mean to grant that wish.

Now without Sarkegaar, I had become the king of a world that included demons, if not perfectly.

What would Sarkegaar say when he saw this scene?

You may burst into anger at how you can live in harmony with humans,

He may have been thrilled to see this world somehow rebuilt.

Sarque, who has always been a loyal loyalist, wanted to show the world to Le.

The fate of the world is always on the verge, but I still wanted to show a world that I somehow created.

You can criticize me, or you can rejoice.

I want to show Sarkegaar this spectacle, but the thought that Sarkegaar might have already been dead made him choke on his breath.

I could put off thinking about my people whose deaths were confirmed.

However, when I think of my people whose life and death are uncertain, I feel like I will go crazy with anxiety.

I have to save them.

Is it okay to do this?

Is it okay to keep procrastinating and just procrastinating because there are so many things to do?

Maybe I'm feeling insecure, Harriet came over to me and took my shoulder

wrapped up

“We are always doing our best.”

“…maybe not the best.”

“Still, you have to believe it.”

I clenched my teeth at Harriet's words.

A problem that had to be solved, but still not resolved, Lucinil and Sarkegar.

A new problem, Charlotte.

Can I solve these?

It's like trying to save the world and the world is ruined.

Again, I won't fail

can you determine

I did it because I had to do something, and I went because I had to move forward.

However, the fear brought about by the terrible failure was still sleeping within me. I'm just consciously trying not to face that fear.

Once again, the fear that my existence might ruin everything on its own was clearly within me.

I still don't know what to do and how to proceed.

However, he has grasped the reality of the empire with his own eyes, and now it is time to carefully decide which method to take.

Harriet would always sit in bed at this hour reading a book and then fall asleep.

So when he woke up in the morning, he used to see him asleep in a squat position with an open book. As if he fell asleep without even knowing he was asleep.

But today, Harriet squatted on the bed, doing nothing.

As if quietly thinking about something.

He didn't look like he was trying to express himself, but there was sadness in his eyes.

He seemed to know what he was thinking, to some extent.

I have been to the Empire.

Empire.

land of humans.

Finally, it was discovered that I was the Demon King.

However, I made it through safely.

So Harriet would naturally feel the same way.

HA -

Since I've been there, I thought that maybe I could go there myself.

Just as my job is Taesan, so is Harriet. Perhaps Harriet had more work to do than I did.

So Harriet will think naturally.

He's talking about what he's left behind.

Three enemies.

The names of the three who betrayed humanity.

Olivia Lanche. liana de granz,

Herriot de Saint-Ouen.

Harriet is different from the other two.

Olivia has no family in her, and Liana's only family, the Duchess, was living quietly at Edina's villa.

Harriet in the land of men

You will have no choice but to think about what you left behind and feel guilty.

So, about the Duchy of Saint-Ouen.

He would think of his father and his family.

A daughter who became a traitor to mankind.

She would be forced to feel guilty and think about the Duke of Saint-Touine, who was going through real trouble because of her.

So she pretends that Harriet is outwardly okay, and she worries about me, but in reality, Harriet could be the most painful.

She must have paid her price for choosing the Demon King, not herself, but her own family.

The Principality of Saint-Ouen also suffered heavy losses, but, as Harriet said, the principality's capital, Arnaca, was under the protection of the Grand Duke.

was able to escape

And now, the Grand Duke was devoted to the Empire on behalf of his daughter who had abandoned mankind. The Archduke must prove it. He knew that it was his daughter who chose the Demon King, not himself and the principality.

Therefore, the Archduke, who was serving in a war that would risk the fate of mankind, was being abused to atone for the sins of his daughter.

However, even that may not mean much to the existence of the Grand Duke.

The crowd needs a scapegoat.

The Grand Duke is now buying indulgences for being put into the gate crisis by the needs of the Empire and humanity.

However, if the Gates incident is over one day, the Principality of Saint-Ouen is highly likely to be the first victim of the angry Empire's people.

One of the three enemies who betrayed humanity, the Grand Duke of Saint-Touan.

They are not sacrificed because they deserve it, but rather to find a scapegoat.

No matter how much the Principality of Saint-Ouenne has played a role in ending the Gates crisis, the crowd doesn't know about it.

Therefore, Harriet will be thinking every day that he should be responsible for his actions, not his own, but his family and the people.

maybe even more than me.

Harriet could have been more painful.

But Harriet never said a word to me on that matter.

He thinks I'm harder than him

'cause you'll think

I have been to the Empire. So, Harriet would want to see with his own eyes what the situation was now in the Duchy of Saint-Ouen.

I know that I am safe, but what is the reality of Arnaca, the capital of the Principality of Saint-Ouenne?

How is the Grand Duke and his family doing?

He wanted to see it with his own eyes.

"mind."

".......Huh?"

Harriet looks at me at my call.

“Would you like to visit Arnaca?”

"uh?"

Harriet trembled at my words and asked.

I wouldn't have thought that I would suddenly say something like this. There's a lot of work to do, but just like I ended up going to the Imperial Capital Gradium.

For just one day with Harriet, there is no reason not to go to Arnaca.

As if I had only had terrible feelings about seeing the Imperial Capital, but I did eventually go.

Even if Harriet is on the way home that leaves only regrets, there is no reason not to stand on it.

Harriet's eyes fluttered as if my words were quite shocking.

"Now Rajak is on track to a certain extent. There is nothing to miss for a day, so... you want to go.

If you do, there is nothing you can’t do for a day, or what a day is, a few days.”

Harriet's family, especially the Archduke, may be reluctant to lock her up and not let her go when she meets her.

But Harriet worked for me for a long time.

Shouldn't Heriot, who has been suffering from heartache and not showing any color of his own, should have that much choice.

Whether to meet his family or not.

At my words, Harriet bites his lip and falls silently in thought.

It is Harriet's choice whether to meet his family or not.

However, there is no risk as much as watching Arnaka with your own eyes.

hometown present.

Isn't it something you can do as much as you can see it with your own eyes?

“Will you… go with me?”

Harriet looks at me with trembling eyes.

Just in case Harriet has protected me until now.

It is natural for me to follow along to protect Harriet in case something happens.

“It’s natural.”

At my words, Harriet eventually burst into tears, silently covering his face with his hands.

"Thank you... Thank you Reinhardt..."

What is he so grateful for to me?

It was always me who should be thankful.

Finally Valii addressing the real issue raskghar lucinel, bit unexpected that they can't get clue about them. and Valii i pretty sure raskegaar will be proud with you he already say they will be loyal to you. Harriet meeting duke next chapter i wonder what is his thought about demon king business

Yes it already the latest

that will be awesome but i don't thin MC have the gut to do that, also plot led me believe toward empire destruction ending

reader_O8, shiory, Molkaz and 2 others like this.
  14. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, Thanks for this majestic update

Lucinil and Sarkegar is finally remembered. Empire cant seem to control their subjects and refugees huh.
    reading about Saarkegar makes me remember Loyar and made me a bit depressed.

surprisingly the monster situation is controlled albeit the refugees they made. i thought its supposed to be end of the world or worse
    any mention of time period? looks like at least a month have passed

Molkaz likes this.
  15. roata11

Reading List:
    Link
    Two years passed since gate accident, it mentioned in ch 459. after that i didn't know

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Molkaz and moneng85 like this.
  16. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the answer
    i actually read something like a period of years in chapter 462-463, but am not sure and did a double take
    never thought there would be a time skip of two years, but most of them spent on killing monsters and taking care of refugees
    Thanks dayo

17. CuriousEyes

CuriousEyes Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What did Reinhart do in prison i mean did ellen visit him can you spoil on that

18. Alphashot

Alphashot New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zone Q11, Shio, ZeddXRises and 3 others like this.
  19. roata11

Reading List:
    Link

Just as the empire somehow protected the direct territories including the imperial capital that could be defended, there were cases where powerful princes could also protect their capitals, including megalopolis, and other cities.
    Many of the princely states were destroyed, but there were still cities that survived, and some countries protected their capitals.
    The Duchy of Saint-Ouen was also one of the few countries that succeeded in defending the capital.
    That said, the Principality of Saint-Ouenne failed to defend all areas except the capital.
    was meant
    magic country. Except for the Empire, it was the most proficient country in magic, and the Principality of Saint-Ouen, which had produced many excellent wizards, was still as strong as the capital even after the gate crisis.
    Arnaca, capital of the Principality of Saint-Ouen.
    Arnaca was not like the imperial capital of Gradium, where the entire city was deformed due to refugees.
    Me and Harriet teleported to an alley in Arnaca and then headed out into the street.
    We could see the fortified city of the splendid magician.
    I saw that a city without walls was surrounded by thick walls, and high spires were erected at regular intervals between the walls.
    However, there was no watchtower for reconnaissance at the top of the spire, and a huge blue crystal was floating in the air at the top.
    I
    “A turret… it looks like something.”
    “Yes, I will.”
    Isn't it like a turret to intercept when monsters approach the city?
    Harriet and I had no choice but to reason.
    I was disguised as Sarkegaar's Ring, and Harriet was also wearing a robe with camouflage magic, so people on the street didn't recognize me and Harriet.
    Most of the countries that succeeded only in defending their capitals had no choice but to become city-states.
    Arnaka's situation was no different.
    Refugees did not flock here because most of the refugees flocked only to the imperial capital.
    A
    city that did not expand, but only the capital remained .
    I
    don't know what the food self-sufficiency situation was like , but I couldn't read the hunger on people's faces.
    That doesn't mean it's overflowing with happiness and hope.
    Just as
    Arnaka defends with an automatic interceptor turret, it would be nice if the Empire could have such a system, but
    the range the Empire must defend is
    hundreds of times that of Arnaka.
    Most of Arnaka's remaining national power would have been exhausted to construct a defense system using that giant crystal turret. As the Empire uses this defense system,
    The hometown that Heriot had longed for had become a city of stillness and silence.
    There must have been that much reason why the not .
    Harriet quietly looked at the streets and people of Arnaca.
    There was a feeling of guilt and sadness that could not be hidden on that face.
    Although the capital was safe, he would have no choice but to think of the countless cities and people who could not.
    Arnaria, the
    white palace that seemed to have been carved out of a mountain, was also alive and well.
    The scenery of Arnaca did not change much except for the city walls and the pylons that surrounded the outskirts of the city.
    The only thing that has changed is the melancholy and despair that can be read on the faces of the people on the street.
    There was no one to talk to.
    Arnaca had become a city that exuded an eerie silence.
    Occasionally, Harriet said
    he watched the
    children play in the high spire of Arnaria.
    But now, the children running around
    can't do it even after washing their eyes.
    Harriet is completely unrelated to the cause of the Gates incident.
    But
    he walked with me with
    a sinful expression on his face, as if everything was his fault .
    - Pot!
    We
    saw a flash of light from afar, right in the middle of the city .
    A place where it is believed that there was once a warp gate.
    A group of swarms appeared with flashes of light in what appears to be
    now being used as a warp spot .
    Harriet's eyes widened.
    "Ah... Dad..." 1 The
    Archduke Saint-Ouen and his Wizards appeared through the
    Warp Spot . When the Archduke and his Wizards arrived at the Warp Spot, the people around them shouted at the Archduke. Sight Division head Ari
    woke place as soon as possible as it is.
    like illegal presence, even as this.
    as you are familiar with such a situation, anti-aircraft led the wizards only white palace room
    was only moving a step in the direction.
    we Archduke and his wizard only the citizens let him Castor place, people saw the mother 's calling, close the windows.
    Mo
    openly they pouring the curse
    was not.
    its atmosphere, however, everyone recognizes that exist to avoid antiaircraft was read to the daebeon.
    's are Naka tranquility and silence
    had to know why.
    0 shares the line on the side of the devil.
    Nevertheless, outside They cannot leave Arnaca because it is not safe, so the
    citizens will not be able to see the Archduke of Saint-Ouenne.
    is safe, but once this situation is over, they knew that the imperial retaliation against the Principality of Saint-Ouan would begin. All citizens know
    The citizens know the future of the Grand Duke of Saint-Ouen, the Duchy of Saint-Ouen and Arnaca.
    He looked away from the Archduke as if he was facing the shape of death.
    As if ignoring the Archduke could not avoid the dark fate that would befall the Principality of Saint-Ouenne, but ignoring the Archduke could in itself be an indulgence later
    “Dad...”
    Harriet
    closed his eyes as he looked at his father, the king who was ignored by the citizens .
    Tears were quietly flowing from her closed eyes.
    I didn't expect splendor from Arnaka.
    Strictly speaking, Arnaca was in a much better situation than other cities
    The pylon was protecting the city, and the
    city's buoyancy ability did
    not exceed the critical point due to the overcrowding of people .
    But everyone
    knew that the princess's sins would pay off.
    So, the whole city
    was overflowing with melancholy .
    Me and Herriot were in
    the distance where the White Palace Arnaria was visible.
    A city where people are not crazy about hatred and anger, but only despair and melancholy can be seen on everyone's faces.
    That was Arnaka's present.
    “If you want to go see it, do it.”
    “……” The
    guards protecting Arnaria
    not human
    All are magically crafted golems
    So, if Harriet wants to meet the Archduke, he can.
    Harriet knows everything.
    That the gate incident didn't happen because of my will.
    However
    , the reality is that everyone in Arnaka may be sacrificed because of his choices .
    “Do I… deserve it…?”
    So Harriet could only feel guilty.
    Even if the Gates incident wasn't caused by my will, people wouldn't believe it.
    So, if human retaliation strikes Arnaca, Harriet has no choice but to regard it as her responsibility.
    The state and citizens, not the princess, must be held responsible for the princess who betrayed humanity.
    From that point of view, Harriet has no choice but to think that he has no face to see his father.
    You may hear a father rebuke his daughter for making stupid choices.
    You may think
    that your father will hold onto you and will not let you go .
    “The Archduke of Saint-Ouen whom I saw was the one I should call my daughter-in-law.”
    , you may think that you will hear all kinds of hateful and angry comments from your family.
    “You know that just because I call you a bum doesn’t mean I think you’re stupid.”
    “So, go.”
    Indeed, my first impression of the Archduke of Saint-Ouen was silly.
    "Your father
    isn't really stupid, just like you're not stupid."
    I put my hand on Harriet's face in the robe.
    “Just as you are wise, your father, Archduke Saint-Toine, must also be wise.”
    “You must have been trying to understand clearly why you had to do that, and you must have gotten some answers
    .”
    Just as Harriet was wise, I
    think the Archduke of Saint-Touan must also be a wise man .
    Because Harriet de Saint-Ouen was
    not born for nothing .
    “Originally, parents have no choice but to trust their children as much as they do not trust their children.
    Just as it is common for
    parents to hate their children, it is the parents who have no choice but to trust their children at certain decisive moments in life .
    You
    would think that there would be inevitability
    that a certain decisive choice of a child had no choice but to do so .
    The Archduke Saint-Ouen must not be an idiot
    So, I don't think the Duke of Saint-Ouen will hold Harriet and let him go.
    Harriet gently holds my hand on my cheek.
    “Yeah… I’ll go.”
    What courage did my words give you?
    “And I will definitely come back.”
    I've come all the way here, but I can't go just to see the despair of the city.
    He was faced with a huge responsibility he had to bear.
    It's okay to take the joy and sorrow of the reunion.
    The Grand Princess who disappeared following the Demon King has returned.
    But there was no commotion.
    Arnaria's security system was controlled by the Archdukes, and Arnaria's users were very few.
    The contents reported through the golem were not known to the vassals, and only members of the archduke's family
    learned that the disappeared Grand Duchess had visited.
    The Grand Duchess, who entered the palace quietly,
    was able to see her family for the first time in a very long time.
    The returning Grand Duchess had no choice but
    to be a criminal .
    Contrary to Harriet's fears, the
    three older brothers, including the Grand Duchess of Saint-Ouenne, did not reproach the youngest, who had caused great harm to the family.
    It was just a tearful reunion.
    Despite the long conversation, Harriet and the members of the Grand Duke family did not say a word about the Demon King.
    mother and three brothers.
    He didn't even ask where he was and how he was.
    As if just being safe is already enough.
    annoying, worrying enough to be bothered,
    It may not be enough, but after the story, Harriet entered the Archduke's study for the last time.
    There, there
    was the Archduke Saint-Ouen, whose face was indescribably tired .
    The
    gaze of the Grand Duke, who was always strict but always kind, but sometimes tried to control his daughter by coercion, was very different from before.
    “Sit down.”
    Hearing the words too plain to be a reunion that has transcended a long period of time, Harriet sat down on the chair with a firm expression on his face.
    The important story always came out of my father's mouth.
    Being scolded for doing something wrong.
    They say go to the temple.
    Telling me to quit the temple.
    It
    all came out of the prince's mouth.
    There was not a single word of reproach or reproach from the family because everyone knew that it was the role of the Grand Duke of Saint-Ouen.
    Everyone knows that such words are the role of the head of the household, so neither mother nor brothers have ever told Harriet about such things
    For Harriet, his father was a nuisance.
    He liked himself enough to be , and
    I hated myself so much that it bothered me.
    sad,
    But now, Harriet has come to face her father, the head of the family, from the standpoint of a sinner, making a choice that could lead to the extinction of the family.
    An ungrateful daughter made a decision to destroy the Saint-Touine family with a long history.
    After receiving courage from Reinhardt's words, he returned to Arnaria.
    The family I haven't seen in a long time
    rejoiced that I'm okay .
    But now, Harriet
    felt like he was on the judging table .
    It seemed that he had to be explained in detail what his sin was and to pay the price for it.
    So now.
    For the first time
    in her life, Harriet de Saint-Ouen was
    afraid of her father's hard expression.
    I'm glad I'm alive.
    good back
    I
    was afraid of my father who told me to sit down on a
    chair as if to stand in a courtroom without saying anything like that.
    Harriet sat across from the Archduke, staring desperately into the Archduke's eyes with a firm expression.
    Tears seemed to flow.
    He was a father who always hugged and bothered him.
    But in this situation, why do
    n't you hug
    me? It's my fault, but I know I made a big mistake,
    won't bother you anymore
    , can
    I just hug you ?
    "Very returned genya?"
    The archduke question, Harriet shook still heads.
    Must leave soon and so returned
    been a situation that can not cut even if it
    is.
    Archduke seemed motivation to know, and nodded.
    "You What choice Do you know what you did?”
    The Archduke looked at Harriet silently:
    “If this is not over, the human race will perish, and the House of Saint-Toine and the Duchy will be over.”
    “If this situation is over, the wrath of the Empire will be directed against our family, and the House of Saint-Ouen and the Duchy will be over.”
    “Daughter.”
    “I will only ask you one thing.”
    “Was it
    such a choice that you wouldn’t regret it even if it happened ?”
    The death of many people.
    The destruction of the family.
    Was it a choice that I would not regret even if such a thing happened? The
    youngest child stared into his father's eyes at the question of
    Ga-ju.
    It was n't reproach or reproach. Where and what he's been doing so far
    Ji.
    Why did he make such a choice?
    It wasn't that kind of question.
    As a member of a family, as a person
    It was a question of whether you would regret the decision you made.
    Harriet thinks quietly two years ago
    I trusted Reinhardt. So it was my decision and my choice.
    At the time of the gate incident, I didn't even know what was going on.
    But now, Harriet knows all the truth.
    Why did the gate incident happen, and what was Akasha? What are people's misconceptions?
    What kind of existence is the Demon King really?
    Now I know everything.
    But, regret.
    My father asked about his regrets.
    When her hometown is ruined
    by her decision and all her family members die,
    Harriet grimaces and closes her eyes.
    “I regret… I think I will…”
    “……”
    I can't help but regret it.
    Tears flowed from Harriet's closed eyes.
    Dad...
    "But... But... I... you know..."
    “If… if I could go back to that day… two years ago… even if I knew it would be… that everything would be… even if I knew… even if I knew it. ... "
    " I ... I think I do the same ... ... "
    will regret.
    Even if the Principality of Saint-Ouen fell and all the people of the family died.
    I think I have to help Reinhardt.
    I will regret it, but I will repeat this choice I have no choice but to regret.
    Obviously, it was
    n't because I didn't accomplish anything .
    Not just to help Reinhardt
    . Because I was able to save a lot of people.
    Now I know that this choice didn't just lead to wrong results.
    Hearing
    the words of the youngest son that he would make the same choice even though he knew he had no choice but to regret it, the Archduke looked at his crying daughter and nodded quietly.
    “Daughter, you are the most gifted in the long history of the Saint-Ouen family
    .”
    “.....”
    “Therefore, you will be the wisest descendant in the history of the family.”
    The Archduke rose from his seat,
    walked over to the crying
    daughter, and placed his hand on the crying daughter's head.
    “So your decision is right, my father believes.”
    "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    "
    It was then that Harriet was
    able
    to hold her in the arms of her father, whom she hated so much , crying.

When Harriet returned, she had a more relaxed expression on her face.

Just by looking at her expression, she could tell that Harriet had finished the story well.

“It could be a few days.”

“No, it’s okay. If it were known that I had returned, it would be even more difficult. You better go fast.”

It's unknown what she was talking about, but it was clear that the Archduke and his family understood Harriet.

The fate of the Duchy of Saint-Ouen is uncertain.

And it failed over all city rooms other than the capital.

So, is it okay if only the people of this city move?

Arnaca is a city that has already been completed, and I don't know if I will be able to take full responsibility for their lives in Edina.

However, they cannot move to Edina.

If there is, it may be possible to avoid the wrath of mankind that will come one day.

"I don't know how the Archduke will take it, but it could be a way to move all the people of Arnaca to Edina."

Harriet's eyes widened at my words.

“But… okay?”

“The problem is that there is no way at this point, but if there is a way, it can be done.”

If there is a warp gate, you can move on a large scale, but the warp gate is currently unavailable.

Physical movement is impossible. No matter how talented the Archduke may be, Saint-Ouen is located in the northwest of the continent.

It would not have been possible to lead the entire nation from the Principality to carry out a large expedition to Fort Mokna, the southernmost point of the continent.

It is of course impossible to move the entire nation by teleporting, so it is out of the question.

“Nothing is going to happen to Arnaca right now. So, let’s think about how to do it.”

".......Huh. okay."

It is an urgent situation just to deal with the gate situation. So what will happen to the Duchy of Saint-Ouen or the Grand Duke right now?

This will not happen.

After the gate incident was over, Saint-Too

The people of the Principality of An moved to Edina.

to do.

At my words, the last shadow left on Harriet's face disappeared, I

I could feel it to some extent.

After a very long time, I was reunited with my family, and we talked well, and I thought that I might be able to save the people of Arnaca.

Perhaps because of the angle, Harriet was more lively than before.

After returning to Edina, Harriet's expression brightened a lot.

“After the gate incident is over, the warp gate can be made more open than before, and a gate that directly connects the Arnaka and Edina Islands can be made.

Will it be?”

“It would be great if you could do that… but no, you could do it.”

“Yeah, if it doesn’t work, it should be.”

Of course, it was nice to see such a lively appearance.

A mother who is depressed or having a hard time

He didn't show off, but he just didn't show off like everyone else does.

Harriet's lively appearance, which had become more relaxed, had no choice but to make me feel better.

I didn't think that Harriet's warp gate research at my request would be of any help in this way.

As a result, it wasn't for me that Harriet did such a study, it was his hometown.

It might be a way to save people.

It must be one day after the warp gates on all continents were destroyed, but Harriet began preparing a blueprint for what would happen after that.

Of course, Harriet, who was usually busy, just got busier because there was only more work to do, but this also

It was a job to save the people of the country and even the family, so there was no reason to refuse.

It was only natural for Harriet to think seriously about it, since it was a job that could relieve the guilt and guilt he had been hiding for two years.

It was natural for Harriet to continue doing what I was supposed to do, and I did what I was supposed to do.

About a month has passed since I went to Arnaca.

The complete end of the gate avalanche is increasingly

I had to stretch out more.

Of course, the warp gates pour out more and more powerful monsters as a single one,

It was because the defense power also became stronger, so we had to approach more and more carefully in destroying each gate.

Elerys also said that it was no longer possible to destroy the Warp Gates alone, and the Empire's Xaviolin Tana's forces destroyed the Warp Gates.

It's getting harder and harder to do

It was natural.

As the number of warp gates decreases, the rate at which the remaining warp gates are destroyed slows down, and numerous casualties occur.

The end is near, but that's why

In the increasingly distant reality, things that would have happened apart from the gate incident started to happen one by one.

“Great being. The news is that the princess will be executed soon.”

And I had no choice but to face something that had to come one day.

"Why?"

Bertus has so far not responded to the crowd's demands. That is why I am so determined that Bertus will protect Charlotte.

i thought i was pissed

“Is it because of the last time I appeared in the zodiac?”

If the anxiety of the crowd exploded and it was no longer possible to ignore the request, the beginning of this incident is ultimately my responsibility.

Antirian smiled brightly at my words.

“It cannot be said that it is not the cause, but it is not the crowd that is important, but it seems that the demands of the Principalities and the Five Great Protestant Churches cannot be rejected.”

“They use her princess as her scapegoat and demand that her political situation be stabilized.

all."

Even so, the demands of the princes and the pressure of the Five Great Protestant Churches come into the unstable empire.

The princes are the most important members of the empire, and the Five Great Protestant Churches say that no matter how weak the support of the crowd,

It is a powerful group of armed forces. The Empire can never ignore them.

The gate incident is not over yet, but they are already

Act like it's over

The Five Great Protestant Churches angered the princess

Turn their flesh to shed their hatred against them

They want to leave, and the princes try to confirm their trust with the crumbling empire by removing the uneasy element of the princess.

So I had no choice but to accept it reluctantly.

“So, three weeks later, on Sunday, at noon in the afternoon, Emperor Bertus

It was decided to execute her princess.”

Did Bertus have to choose to exchange Charlotte with the Empire in the end?

But Antirian was still smiling.

“And in addition to that, we also executed Lord Vampire and Prince Sarkegaar.

This is the news that it was done.”

".......what?"

“It is as you have heard.”

no.

Charlotte aside, the two of them together

are you going to be executed?

Did Bertus forget my warning this year?

Don't you know that if I touch Lucinil and Sarkegar, I will become an enemy?

Antirian was still giggling as if the situation was too funny.

Because of that annoyingly joyful look, I realized what this embarrassing and unpleasant situation meant.

three weeks.

It's a pretty long time.

maybe too generous

is also a loose time.

Bertus will know that I recently appeared in the ecliptic.

Soon, you'll have a gut feeling that I'm watching the ecliptic wherever I am.

I don't mean to kill Charlotte.

Even Lucinil and Sarkegaar hang on the stake.

That fact says a lot.

Not in a hurry, but quite a lot

Execution with delay in time

all.

So that the news spreads enough.

"I'll give you two, so you're asking me to take Charlotte."

It must mean that I will appear on the spot and kidnap the three of them or take them no matter what.

The crowd somehow found that Charlotte was judged.

You can't secretly give me Charlotte because I'm waiting for it, and even if I do, the Empire doesn't know where I am.

So, the moment you are about to judge Charlotte in a public place, the Demon King takes over.

As an empire, it would be a good picture to make excuses for many things.

I was going to do as you asked, but what do you do when the Demon King appears?

In the end, Bertus can no longer protect Charlotte.

So, it must have been Bertus's intent, who directed the gay situation, asking him to take Charlotte with him, so he'll return two of his men.

“Really... the way it is done is extraordinary and amazing...”

without knowing where i am

In this way you give me your will

do.

It was to the point of admiration.

In the end, my unintentional appearance in the ecliptic was not only Charlotte, but also Sarkegaar and Lucinil.

Is it a chance to get it back?

Three weeks later, right in the afternoon.

Although we have never consulted with each other, we have to engage in a fabricated kidnapping play.

At this point, there is one thing Reinhardt does not know.

“Three weeks later, it’s Monday, brother.”

Charlotte sat down on her bed with a dark expression and nodded her head.

Bertus failed to endure

no.

She wanted Charlotte herself.

Her own existence is devastating to her humanity and her empire.

because it will Even if her life is useless, if her life can make people feel even the slightest relief, so be it.

Sleep.

If you force me to live, the empire will fall.

There were also demands from the Principality and the Five Great Bishops, but this was because Charlotte had demanded her own execution.

Things were happening.

Bertus, of course, refused.

that can never be,

that it won't happen,

From the brother's mouth opened after a long time

The word that came out was to kill him.

To prolong the life of the empire even a little by killing me, since existence itself is the beginning of division

I have to do something anyway.

And actually, all of this happened because of you, so you can't go out and fight like Ellen yourself, so why not do something like this?

The living thing is already dividing the empire in real time.

Wouldn't it be better for Lee to die?

give up,

resigned,

regret,

Beyond all that, Charlotte, who had come to the point of hating herself, had no attachment to his life.

Bertus was the crowd, the empire, and the five great gods.

Tired of the demands of the school, I made this decision

Crab

NS.

If I don't execute him, I'm afraid I'll commit suicide in the Spring Palace.

So the only thing that somehow squeezed

The way was this.

Bertus said nothing to Charlotte.

didn't do it

that Reinhardt had appeared in the ecliptic.

Reinhardt is looking at somewhere in the ecliptic.

Still trying to protect people.

He didn't say anything about it.

-

She didn't say it, knowing that it would only add to her Charlotte's sense of humiliation.

So this is Bertus' dogma.

Screenshot Captured

Charlotte only knows that three weeks later, she will be burned alone in the Great Square.

She didn't say who she might be, so she didn't.

She's Charlotte she's hanging out with herself

she may be

She never said anything like that. she is

She'll tell her that it's happening to her

Because she would never allow Lot.

She'll think unforgivable, and she'll strangle herself if she says Reinhardt will come to her rescue.

Three weeks after Reinhardt, she doesn't have to show up at the set time.

Bertus will save Charlotte at any cost.

She can no longer return her to the ecliptic, but she will so that she can be quiet somewhere.

She doesn't know how to make her brother, who has given up life, live.

The only thing she can do is make her Charlotte affirm her life and make her live, not die.

she was the only one

Only Reinhardt can make her Charlotte live.

So, Bertus is talking to the invisible Reinhardt.

please.

Let her Charlotte live longer.

You know that this kind of request is futile

But, she asks me to forgive Charlotte,

She can't forgive me, but she asks Charlotte to forgive me.

In fact, she was nothing less than the emperor's plea to the demon king.

The Empire could not protect her Charlotte,

She is protected by the Demon King.

"brother."

“…… ,

She would rather reject Charlotte if she tells her of her plans because she thinks she doesn't deserve to be forgiven.

So, she told Charlotte this story

She had no intention of doing it.

Approaching her silent Charlotte, Vertus pulled up her chair and sat down.

Even because of all these atrocities that happened because she didn't believe in the Demon Lord, she thought Charlotte was close to her self-righteousness, and she would have been unable to get out of it.

She gets Reinhardt's forgiveness, and she's in a safe place where she gets his protection because she won't be able to tolerate herself like that.

Bertus stares at his brother who has become her demonic form. Her Charlotte's red eyes stare intently at her.

If Reinhardt takes Charlotte, if her true Reinhardt appears, Charlotte will be protected by the Demon King from then on.

Because Bertus can't keep her Charlotte.

We don't know where the Demon King is, and we won't even tell him.

So, Bertus seeing her Charlotte

These three weeks will be the last.

She hated each other so much that she wanted to kill them.

And how many times she actually tried to kill her

was it the

I don't know when this happened.

But at some point, seeing Charlotte, who had become too weak to be considered her rival, Bertus changed his mind.

He's a competitor not worth fighting for.

from a defeated competitor.

Misunderstandings about the Demon King would not have been resolved

At the time, he was regarded as a poor brother who was only used by Reinhardt from beginning to end.

And now, even controlling herself has become impossible.

Because of him, the world became like this, and he was buried in the cursed words he threw at the demon king himself, and there was nothing he could do but guilt, self-blame, and self-blame.

has become

The previous emperor died, and Bertus

took over that place.

Ever since, Bertus wanted to somehow protect Charlotte.

Ever since the world hated Charlotte, Bertus struggled to protect Charlotte.

While not only the crowd but also numerous ministers were pouring out suspicions that Charlotte was related to the Demon King, Bertus ignored all those words.

Somehow, this pathetic own brother

I wanted to survive.

And now, Bertus has to

The impossible task is entrusted to the Demon King.

Bertus looked up at Charlotte's red eyes, who were looking at herself.

it's the last

because it's the last

"brother...."

“Can I hug you?”

At Bertus' words, Charlotte was a little surprised.

She opened her eyes wide.

Seeing in her always dead eyes the traces of her long-awaited return to her, Bertus smiled bitterly.

Just like Bertus.

Charlotte also saw her brother, whom she hated so much, try to protect her somehow during these terrible times.

Only after everything is broken.

ruin everything with their own hands

only after throwing it away

It is perhaps natural that a kind of brotherhood, which did not exist and could not exist, has arisen between the two of them.

Charlotte doesn't know what's going to happen.

That is why, no matter how much Bertus was at his request, he would kill himself.

I think it's because I'm sorry that I made the decision.

Charlotte chooses her own death.

I'm sorry.

Betty saying that in her guilt

Looking at Letus, Charlotte hesitated and moved.

she dies

Charlotte hesitated for a while, and then

She slowly leaned her body towards her Bertus.

Berthus is her Charlotte's mother who is small and slender.

She pulled her li towards her chest and hugged her.

This was the first thing both of them did.

Was it this small?

Bertus thinks so as he hugs his brother for the first time.

“Nice place.... you have to go to a good place...”

To be specific, his brain might have picked up on what his good brother was saying, even if he was languid, so Bertus could only say so.

So, Charlotte began to cry little by little while being held by Bertus.

nice place.

Even if such a place is allowed to you, is it still a servant?

If you die, you will have to fall into the fire of hell for the sin that caused this to happen in the world.

I can go to a good place even if I die

is it

Thinking that I must not go

Eh, Charlotte in her brother's arms

she cries a little

If Reinhardt comes.

So, if you take her Charlotte.

Her life with the Demon King will at least be better than her life at the Palace of Spring.

Reinhardt would forgive him, and the remorse and pain would still be there, but there would be a better life than being locked up in a dark bedroom and doing nothing.

The number of words that have dwindled is growing more and more

and looking for something to do.

So, where Bertus can't see

He would have a better life than now.

He did what he couldn't, Reinhar

t can do it

Now that he has become emperor, Bertus must be held accountable for what he has done.

Charlotte, who did not become emperor, she has nothing to be responsible for, so she will live under the protection of the Demon King.

So, Reinhardt must come.

It will surely come, Bertus believes.

He believes in Reinhardt only after a lot of things that have happened because he didn't believe it when he needed it most.

I know this is terrible, but

I know he's putting a terrible pressure on Reinhardt.

There is no other way but this way.

Bertus could not think of anything other than this choice.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry brother..."

In the apology of Bertus.

In that first embrace, death awaits him, not survival. Her contemplating Charlotte shook her head.

"no...."

Charlotte opens her mouth with a cracked voice as she struggles to open her mouth.

"I... I'm more sorry..."

I could say something like that. “So far... Really, really... Thank you.

uh."

And, not only holding her in her arms, but also moving her slender arms to hug her brother with all his might.

Could.

Wow nice family chapter, Bertus as someone at first mention known as someone who want to kill sister, into brother who try to protect his sister. Really happy with bertus choose not just try to save charlotte but also give MC chance save his minion

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Zone Q11, reader_O8, shiory and 2 others like this.