Request Looking for a site to make friends

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Okuri Ookami, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Been going through a tough 2 months and suffering serious anxiety and insomnia. Got diagnosed with OCD major depression and anxiety I've been taking a long look at myself and come to the conclusion that I need a friend.

Haven't considered anyone a friend in a very long time. I'm looking for a site for people with rough situations looking to make an actual friend not a dating site(no sex or hooking up). Doesn't have to be a site dedicated to people with problems. A site like mocospace would do (I tried to go to mocospace but it was just filled with bots messaging about texting for sexual activity). I don't normally use social media and Facebook doesn't seem like a meet random strangers site.

2. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omegle. Talk to Strangers.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you just want to talk to message them? Discord has a lot of different channels you can join, getting the invitation is the hardest part. Though I've had luck just googling my interests + discord.

Fulminata, Alexcia and Okuri Ookami like this.
  4. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    This site. or maybe find a discord server through google search or use amino app to find a friend making community. Amino app would probably be the best app to find people to chat maybe.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  5. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    discord 1000%. everyone uses it these days just because of the sheer amount of communities, youll def be able to make some friends that you like

Fulminata and Okuri Ookami like this.
  6. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Discord is the best, i got several close friends thanks to that

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there might be mental health websites or apps that let people chat anonymously...

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  8. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have discord but have only ever used it once for someone teaching me how to play a game. I never talked and just typed. Voice chat is kinda tough for me. But if I can type I'll be good. I'll try to look for a discord, thanks for the help

Fulminata likes this.
  9. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it's actually very easy to find servers to join and most of the time ppl just talk about general things in the general channel so u can always cut them off and talk lmao. It probably be a bit awkward at first when no one noticed you but once you're fully integrated, you'll have friends for sure.
    Good luck!

Oh and actually you can also make friends here! I'm here for a few days and already got myself in a group chat lol. Just be friendly and you'll be fine altho it's a bit hard here if you're not talkative as everyone here is dead frequently

Fulminata likes this.
  10. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most would be chatting on discord unless games are involved. I never used the voice chat at all when I use discord. You can also find people here, make a thread asking if anyone wants to make a friend with you and throw down link where they can contact you such as pm through NU, discord, telegram etc.

11. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forums are your best bet because you can pick and choose the people to make friends with based on their views and such.

12. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd suggest discord, but it might feel a little bit intimidating to join a flowing conversation as a newbie while everyone else had already know each other for some time :blobjoy:. Plus, some people will probably still have an ulterior motive and try to make a move on you regardless. But still, it's worth a try! I suggest that you try to look for a server that coincidence with your interest, and have some dedicated activities that might be open to the server newbies ( weekly game nights, book club nights, etc). It'll be a good bonding opportunity :aww: