Discussion Inevitable

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Oct 15, 2021.

?

To know the future but not have the ability to change it, would you still want such power?

1. Yes

36.7%
  2. No

53.3%
  3. *noms skullie*

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you believe in destiny? Or do you think you control what happens in your life? Or maybe you're the type who thinks there are many things we could never control but at least you control your very self and your reaction to those things you cannot control?

I thought of answering it as well but then I realized, I don't actually care.

2. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    If what I see is set in stone, then I'd rather not know.

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When things seemingly go wrong or out of control, it's destiny playing tricks; if I succeed, it's obviously the fruit of my perseverance and ingenuity, right? :blobpeek:

Blank-1 and Bad Storm like this.
  4. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread was inevitable

5. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl:

otaku31 likes this.
  6. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the everything that will happen in the future can be calculated to a certain extant provided we have all information in the world(including personality, what choices had been made in the past, who influenced whom, what capabilitie people have, etc) and have the mental capacity to be able do so. And i think that destiny is just the results of those calculations. *don't mind me, i am just spouting nonsense*

ANonMouse likes this.
  7. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    What is destiny exactly? To me, destiny is just either random rambling that makes people either accept it or against it then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy or an educated guess by people who have insight based on scenarios and events. But for me who is just a humble human being can only grit my teeth and keep walking towards the future that I aspire to.

Que sera, sera
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours to see
    Que sera, sera
    What will be, will be

Fulminata likes this.
  8. a14635

a14635 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Deleted member 313917

Deleted member 313917 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    if it happens it happens. I could control myself and work hard to change my potential future, but i wouldnt be able to control what happens or how. In conclusion i just feel like its better to go with the flow~~

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  10. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    OH, YUCK. Nah. I don't need such powers. Oh god no. Not even if you give me money for it.
    "Or maybe you're the type who thinks there are many things we could never control but at least you control your very self and your reaction to those things you cannot control?" - My decision is my decision. Gotta not refer to destiny. Its straight up disgusting.
    +
    There was no other path
    If people are gonna bother with that in the future... let us be killed by a meteor
    Ohhhh
    Yup

Gandire Alea and Bad Storm like this.
  11. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, idc and if anything I'd die right here and now to minimize the impact lmao

12. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, at least with that power, I can atleast prepare myself from a murky situation.

13. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah same, I find it quite strange that most people that answered the poll would rather not know about the future at all

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  14. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    Inexperience.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on this cat opinion after munching few catnip~ there different between fate and destiny~ fate is the general while destiny is specific stuff~
    fate about birth, live and death
    destiny about anything in between those~
    knowledge about future can alter destiny but fate? that unknown territory~ fate you die! destiny you die cuz slip on banana~ with da powah of future vision ya can avoid destiny of slip on banana then die~ but is that really change the fate you will die?

also having knowledge about future can also make ya brain overload cuz various calculation~ there possibility meh to bothersome~ think about paranoia~

there thing that this cat can control, there also thing that this cat cannot control no matter what~ it just basic knowledge on science~ control to certain extend, period or stuff like that~

meh this cat wanna be a hermit~

16. Laling

Laling Rest Easy, King

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if I can't change it, it'd still be nice to know what my future is. I'd rather be aware than going in blind y'know?

17. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Destiny is really satisfying when it's something good
    You meet someone destined for you, you come to a restaurant and you happen to be their 1000 customer, maybe you were destined to be a multimillionaire.

Even when it's bad, it's comforting to think you're not completely to blame. I think what we do/what we don't do affects our future, that's what makes rebirth/transmigration story so interesting

knowing the future but can't change it is just agony :blobpopcorn:
    I might be driven to do extreme things just to change the future

18. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I'll write a book detailing the future, and people will think I was a prophet when everything comes true. OFC I'll long be dead since then, but it seems like a fun goof. I could also add in vague doomsday prophecies to freak them out and they'll believe me because everything else came true lol

Also for the non-poll question, I'm with @Effugium

applebeans likes this.
  19. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This basically it for me too, but I don't go with the flow just do things at my own pace and logic XD

20. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    If the event is a stagnent point in time then I'd most likely see if theres other things surrounding that event to lessen as many "bads" as possible.

I'm talking about some "Plane crashes into building, So I'll try my best to get at least 1 person to not get on the plane". The plane will still crash into the building but some people will have at least lived. It would suck if the exact amount of deaths was determined in the future though. The only thing I could think of doing is putting my sperm in a tank and putting it in the plane. I dont know man