LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, at the very beginning of the novel, we see some real apocalypse. But what factions do the demons belong to? I am quite confused about how things are connected looking back to the start of the novel.
    The regular demons just seem to go by the wayside in terms of how they fit into the world.

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Consider a demon not as a faction but a race. Like Dragons , you can have demonic dragons, apocalyptic dragons, azure/gold whatever.
    It's just that lower tier demons are also intellectually less capable and act on violent impulses, but the same could be said for 'lesser humans' and any race.

Just look at the MC, he's a Demonic Dragon Devil King Technological world Human Card. :blobsalute:

3. keialpha

Reading List:
    Link
    My question is more on the side of why they did what they did. Did the demons, at least the high level ones who controlled the lower level ones surrendered to the apocalypse to perlong their own civilization? Do they belong to order, or chaos, or independent? In the middle of the story, they just exist stage left and nothing more is known about them.

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaos

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    "oh, so if the host dies the apocalypse won't awaken?"
    "hey do you guys know what'll happen?"
    "maybe you guys can enter the dudes i'll kill on my alt account".

So , i guess we can assume Su xue will take previous GQS away and new GQS will dance again. Null Tribulation on apocalypse , gain void war god power, solves alternate realities thingy and what's being hidden? ends up being him and related to what his parents left him? (inb4 void sword o_o)

Also these 'fragments' sound like the delimination sword, either things got mixed up, it's unrelated or shifu has something as well, i guess both could be crafted soon. A new set of twin swords for MC would be nice.
    MC's would be from the beast tomb, shifu's would either be something she took inside the gate or obtained in the heaven realm. The golden lotus comes to mind. Also the 'black sword' that was mentioned as she entered the reality gate and changed the star power.

Sword-wise, he has Heaven, Earth(human), Shannu (HQ), Chao Yin (beast?). If each is related to a path of reincarnation he still needs Asura and 'Preta' / hungry ghost. Tomb of beasts arc was related to the alternate GQS with the asura princess/groom thing, which sent him on his quest to find these current shards, butttttt the supposed 'sword spirit' was a wraith? still not sure what the spirit killing powder's for.

The apocalypses trying to stop a weapon from being formed could also refer to the 'final' sword that completes his set , which'd pretty much make him win the clash for supremacy of the samsara.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  6. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    "man, that's a lot of rape".:blobpeek:

sonicslow4595 likes this.
  7. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean? We met demons two more times during the Heaven sword and the Bramble Bird arcs after the initial run-in with them in the Game of Eternal. We even got GQS infiltrating their ranks and doing a bunch of conquering to find out more about their dynamics.

Essentially, demons are not a single race, but a catch-all term that refers to half of all the 'evil creatures', the other half being devils. They don't belong to a single faction, but rather a number of different factions, who would even fight among themselves. so it's largely dependent on what a demon wants to/can do

8. sonicslow4595

sonicslow4595 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried reading the mtl of this book but now I feel like throwing up wtf are these translations trying to say i just can't :sick:

9. keialpha

Reading List:
    Link
    The timeline are just so messy ever since the second time travel to save lady darksea. At that point, the demons are supposedly controlling the fallen zone, and some abyse monsters are running lose.
    From that point on, in every time junction of importance, everything get destroyed. Will we ever get back to a point where there is some people left somewhere with normal things to do?
    In the few glances we have of the 900 million world layer, it is always a few people in a few worlds remaining. For all the impossible to keep track timelines, there is very little to show the results.

So, is GQS making it better or making it worse? His enemies seem to piggy back on his adventures to make their plans better than he is taking advantage of this time travel power.

10. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fallen zone weren't occupied by demons, they were specifically occupied by the Demon King Order. Now that we know more about how Order operates through Human Regiment, we can make an educated guess that the Demon Lords were similar to the summoned metal soldiers that Human Regiment provides to GQS.

As you can see, those metal soldiers were significantly more powerful compared to GQS when he first summoned them, so if they had their own sentience and no summoning clause to restrain them, they'd be able to easily overturn the power scale in the summoner-summoned creature relationship, which seemed to be what happened in the Demon King Order.

This is a great question, and one of the reasons why I love this novel so much. The enemies actually recognize that the MC, despite how weak he is, is actually an obstacle and actively tries to kill him, instead of reactively fight him and he's ready to fight them.

MC is certainly making things better, it's just that there's a HUGE praying mantis, butterfly, and oriole situation at play here.

AnimeWeeb69 likes this.
  11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess we know where the artifact spirit slaying powder is going to be used. Wraith sword, GETTO!~ honestly i was expecting those fragments to be it and the weapon that shifu had to be Asura path sword (which was solidified by her finding a fragment of Asura samsara too), but i guess not all samsara weapons have to be swords and for MC only. (not to mention she might be so OP it's just one of many fragments she found.)

Still confused because that wraith 'sword spirit' (most likely a faker, either the bow or the other one's.) told him to get the fragments and to use the powder on that.

p.s. edit
    I guess it makes sense now, if this sword is an Apocalypse sword. Anyway, this is probably where the spirit killing powder will be used, either Demon Dragon loses his body and becomes the sword spirit or 'secret apocalypse Boss' does. At least he'll be able to summon Boss with it, lol.

Thankfully he's saving the Tianma waifus. Now let's see if they enter the samsara and become his waifu from a while back, lol.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Time for Saint waifus to appear. Imagine there being like 9, each one ending up with one of those 9 samsara breaking apocalypses as their rival/opponent in the future.

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Forcing myself to find plot twists now, i.e. Demon Dragon is actually that world destroyer buddy through the samsara or something, the nun and the tower guy can be barry and kitty, lol. (not saying it is the case, but the tower guy does have a similar gung-ho personality.)
    And now that i think about it, the tower guy and barry both have a 'connection' to milfy demon so it'd be backstory for her to hook up with Barry.

14. keialpha

Reading List:
    Link
    It is so confusing now.
    I thought the original human comes from outside the reality gate, stay and developed a bit inside the gate, then leave behind the weak and the young, an order plus some soul weapon who turn themselves into divinity later, and then go outside the reality gate again to escape from apocalypse or something terrifying.

How come it sounds the thousands Dragon ancestor originally come from outside the reality gate and is hiding inside the gate?

So which side is more deadly, inside or outside the reality gate?

15. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the public translated chapters had already touched upon this subject. The bygone era humans came not from outside the Reality Gate, but from a parallel world, as you can see from now the giant corpse was using a bunch of parallel worlds to try and stop the Apocalyspes from reaching GQS's Reality, the parallel worlds aren't actually outside the Reality Gate.

Considering how the Bygone Era humans have basically disappeared after they tried escaping outside the Reality Gate, which we now know is actually full of Apocalypses, their ultimate fate seems kinda obvious.

Another thing to keep in mind is how there are a lot of unreliable narrators in this novel, as most of what we know about the Apocalypses and Reality Gate and parallel worlds actually came from character dialogues. Some of what we thought to be facts have turned out to be false following deeper exploration into the story (how strong the Wraith realm actually was, how the vision of Reneedol facing Xie Dao Ling turned out to be, what kind of character Reneedol actually was, etc.)

AnimeWeeb69 likes this.
  16. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This explains the whole sending Lin away plot-wise, because she'd jump right in there for 'revenge' even though karma is probably already having its way with them.

But yeah, what was it, the alternate realities are there to cover-up something, the spirit killing powder MC got is from the 'prime reality' hence the interest it got by whoever that was again.

The void is like a center that's connected to all these 'realities' , i believe ancient humans tried to cross to another reality but they just broke into the void and had to run away because it was even worse, then ran into the reality gate which is.... even worse.
    (also, MC had to hide his War God secret even from his alternate selves and the upcoming title is Void War God..)

The ones that set up humans as fodder between them and apocalypses weren't the ancient humans but ancient Gods, the ones that ran away from Huang Quan (and probably all the other places, since it's all humans now...) Not sure if these ancient Gods are the same as the 'Pantheon' , but i can imagine they did something similar like hiding in the Dusty world while being 'dead'. - probably not related as they should've been there , then the 'secret apocalypse corpse' made its way into the gate, and his incarnation made the 'Pantheon' minions. (although it does sound a bit similar to bygone humans and deity 'servants')

Most likely the ones that are 'sleeping' and waiting for the samsara clash of supremacy include the ancient gods. Not sure how they'd compare to awaitings but i doubt they're any weaker.

Ancient humans just left behind some technological devices, and they gained sentience over time and then started acting like they were deities, from what we know there was no specific intent behind that.

Pretty sure GQS's parents are actually from beyond the reality gate and whatever is being covered up in there is related to him and the samsara. I'm also expecting a lot more technological things later on, as the apocalypses are 'Sequences' and the reality gate also has a VR type of feel to it.

I want the hoarse voice lady to be GQS's grandma, a breakdancing grandma. Like she's not there but sending her spirit through the gate with the power of dance. :blobwoah:

17. sonicslow4595

sonicslow4595 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she was the greatest joke of this story so far I was so hyped about her I really expected her to be an evil 100000IQ mastermind I really can't put into words how disappointed I am with her character the Author really did reenedol dirty she could have been a fcking great villain WHY did the author do that WHYYYYYYYYYY :cry::cry::cry:

elengee likes this.
  18. The_Loner

The_Loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she could've been a great heroine aswell, but well... her character was very disappointing

19. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she's already done her job properly as a character. Her existence introduced three separate locations, an antagonistic force, as well as the bridge to the next big threat that would appear after her. She also got a proper send-off in the form of an epic battle against GQS where she actually fought back instead of being passively killed off like the three Wraith Lords.

I think she got the same treatment as Soul Shriker, who was a threat through 4-5 arcs at different locations, necessitated more than one power-up from GQS in order to defeat, together with requiring a special mcguffin. If she had turned out to be a misunderstood villain like Soul Shrieker where you can't actually hate them because of their circumstances, that would have been the same conclusion for 2 characters.

I think it's fine to have a character with a terrible personality that you can just hate.

AnimeWeeb69 likes this.
  20. The_Loner

The_Loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes it realistic and that I can understand, doesn't means I have to like it though