Have You Ever Hated Something So Much That You Can't Forget it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, Oct 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a Taiwanese drama that I hate so much that I can't forget. I recall the opening theme song. Pivotal scenes etc. of Apple In Your Eyes

I guess the screenwriter, she is that good. After all, she wrote my favorite Taiwanese drama : In Time With You

The backlash was so much that she had to make a social media post to defend the ending of Apple in Your Eyes

@Lissi @gyan7

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_in_Your_Eye

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Time_with_You

Thanks to Apple In Your Eye, I don't follow any actors/actresses or screenwriters since one good story doesn't mean the others won't be duds
    Yoon Shi Yoon is the exception of course.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  2. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuuuuuuuu*k, thank you for reminding me with that bullshit

Wujigege likes this.
  3. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Many many things, less from dramas and more fom videogame scandals. Most impactful is Blizzards downfall from grace from being a fan since the warcraft days, Mass Effect 3 ending, EA's dismantling of videogame companies like visceral and DreamWorks Inc, Raiden from MGS2, and more...

It wasn't that the hated was there in these situations but that the disappointment and dissatisfaction was immeasurable.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    Final fantasy XV ending, also the last of us 2 storiyline (and i'm not the only one, the writer even got death threat for this)

Wujigege likes this.
  5. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    genshin impact anniversary rewards :blob_blush:

Bobasis and KhayDesu like this.
  6. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, everyone (or at least 99.99% of people) does.

I won't say what I hated though, because I don't want to trigger anyone (here)'s bad memories / ptsd.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Seigin

Seigin [Lolicon][GenderBender Banzai!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate the fact that I'm still kicking.

8. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    Taiwanese drama:
    wa meng ti
    wa meng ti

9. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah The Last of Us 2 was really annoying I can't believe they put so much aggro into one character only to downplay her into a sort of 'victim character' thankfully i watched a gameplay from a youtuber and didn't buy the game

10. RyreGruel

RyreGruel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m really bad with anything horror and limited things I’ve watched and or read sometimes just keep running through my head while trying to sleep which isn’t great.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. KhayDesu

KhayDesu ❀Rᴇᴀᴅιɴԍ Eɴтнusιᴀsт❀ | ★ᴅᴇsu~★ | ✿Loquᴀcιous✿『☕』

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, many ppl tried to justify the actions of Mihoyo but i think they should've given more to the community that made them so sucessful in the first place and i hate the fact that a comment i saw said 'F2p players dont contribute anything to the game, so they should shut the f*ck up' It was the most insulting thing I ever heard, Im not a whale or anything but i still spend the minimum amount of money, and time. Sure they gave out Aloy just a few days ago but the disappointment is still there,

Ps The main quest in Inazuma felt too dry and too rushed compared to the quest in Liyue

12. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Both those shows' plots seem like a really sweet romance~ blobmelt_thumbs

But... what was the drama surrounding it? :blob_tilt:

13. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't watch horror even if I am paid. I know a girl who is scare of the dark but keeps watching horror.
    It is just weird
    Apple In Your Eye is just annoying. Christina Mok was lovely as usual, finally she is getting lead roles now. I am looking forward to Love is Science

when it finishes airing tomorrow

Watch In Time With You only

Thanks to Apple In Your Eye, I don't follow any actors/actresses or screenwriters since one good story doesn't mean the others won't be duds
    Yoon Shi Yoon is the exception of course.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  14. Dianatouille

Dianatouille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A couple of years ago I was starting in this world of chnovels and I just read Mei Gongqing. I didn't hate the novel or the story, it's actually a really well-written story and the FL is really good, pretty realistic to the time setting BUT, let me breath, the male characters, omg, I couldn't! Seriously, I hadn't read anything like that (at that moment) and it was so unpleasant. My blood pressure keep rising and my god, I just hated them. And to make the issue worst, I started reading the English translation by Hamster but I was greedy and decided to continue by mtl, such a big mistake. Beside the headache for mtl, the bad feelings for all the atrocious acts from the male characters, seriously, it was awful.

Wujigege likes this.
  15. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The better the story, the greater the disappointment if its a botched ending.

Authors, writers need to be committed towards their works until the end because you know. We're sticking with them until the end of the ride and if everything is great but if they just ruin it with the conclusion, it turns into a catastrophic disaster! Lots of people are so emotional, get so tied up and seem to identify with the character(s) and the story that they get very upset because of this.

I remember getting so upset because of what happened to Reiko in Gantz! I adored her. Then there was the thing about Harry not ending up with Hermione..

There was another Chinese novel. Forgetting the name.. but it was literally the author digging a huge pit for all of us readers. He wrote it so well but by chapters 1850 everything started going to hell and then it was pretty much a tragedy.

Afterwards I read up the comments and I noticed the other readers talking about how that Chinese author is infamous for digging up pits like these for the readers. I swore never to read another one of his works since then and I've stuck by that commitment. (Had to go to wuxiaworld to find the name. It was 'Perfect World'. Amazing until Chapter 1800-1850 or so though.)

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -Here is one: So, it was around 3:30 PM Arizona time on 10/14 that an Amazon person in a live-chat said that the following link should have the 10th Epi. in Eng. uploaded in the then-next 24-48 hours: amazon.com/Fena-Pirate-Princess-Season-1/dp/B09BNZHGF5. Well, that 48 hours has passed. So, I don't understand why it is has not appeared yet.

Blast the log-in with a cable provider to view the latest epi. restriction on Adult Swim's website. If these cable companies were smart(er), then maybe they should do a monthly subscription to be able to watch the latest epi. Sheesh. I am trying to resist resorting to piracy here but I might just have to.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  17. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God and Devil World.

It was the first tled zombie apocalypse "evolution" webnovel I ran into.

So naturally tl(didn't read ahead) and few us starry eyed readers(back then) got exposed to after a decently started story, to one of top 10 if not number 1, most xenophobic fuckers to ever get into writing.

Looking back on that piece of shit, I think dude outright hates everyone else given how he wrote every single character.

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the first three books of Harry Potter in the early 2000s. Loved it.
    I was able to borrow and read up to the 5th or so.
    The Harry and Hermione romance destroyed my interest in the story.
    Love interests like Ginny who come out of nowhere are annoying. Just like Chinese harem romances.
    It also felt like Harry gave up on Hermione because of his best pal Ron. It means Hermione became an object to be passed around

It also feels like it was just a love triangle for the sake of being a love triangle.

I didn't finish the movie series or book.
    It was just so disappointing

gyan7 likes this.
  19. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a nice novel that I was reading on a translator site until the owner of the site decided to post shit in the forum trashing translators. That was when I walked away from that site and never went back. Long term hate and boycott, yes. Guess who the owner of the site was? Look at the person starting the thread.

20. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, smacking down hypocrites seem to be a meaningful use of it. It's like all those shit posts you toss up about crap other people do but this time, congratulations, YOU are the star of the show! lol. And if you don't like it, remember, it's all the result of your actions so you got no one but your sick desire for publicity to blame. :blobtorch:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.