Recommendations good misunderstandings novels that are not translated

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by armad224, Oct 16, 2021.

1. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for good misunderstandings novels that are not translated yet that I can mtl ,
    chinese preferably , I'm ok with japanese and korean too

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n3742fy/?p=4
    Short summary by yours truly:
    Includes GL, BL. Otome game villainess genre in a modern world setting, gender bender. MC is a clueless superhuman (though her (and her previous male identity is very quickly forgotten by even the reader) overpowerness is not obnoxious) who effortlessly (from the point of view of others) navigates in the complex political landscape of factions of super-huge family-owned conglomerates and leads the situation in a way far unbefitting her age. The comedy, when good, is top-notch. When bad, it's still above mediocre. The misunderstandings are not too far-fetched, though, and don't feel forced, with the mc actually not being an idiot (as is usually the case with novels of the similar genres) who just lands good bets, but who is, in fact, is a person who is very talented and with a measure of foresight. The story takes its chronological time slowly (600+ chapters and the mc is still in middle school) but the plot never grows stale and feels organic. Updates are basically daily.

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0498fr/?p=3
    Warnings:
    GL. Not light, never graphic and is rather soft, but can't be really called a comedy.
    The misunderstandings are generally outside of MC's circle and are placed intentionally. Don't know if it your cup of tea, but that's probably the last untranslated misunderstanding novel in my list, so I just put it here.
    Summary:
    Mc is an isekai'd woman who forgot most things about her previous identity. Due to several unfortunate circumstances and twists of fate, she became a loyal retainer of the Demon King and a key executive of the Demon army, named "the King of plague/disease".
    The misunderstanding in question is such: MC's human identity (or, rather, all details regarding her identity, including sex, age, race etc) are tightly guarded by the state and known only to a select few. Demons here are, as I guess, more of an idealised versions of humans: more loyal, earnest, soft-hearted and cling more tightly to the ideas of honor and such, though context-wise, it's probably due to their longevity and low fertility as well as the harsh circumstances, causing their society to become more inclusive. Anyway, Mc herself is more aware of the terrors of humanity, and at the moment of her arrival, demons and humans are fighting a battle to extinction. She takes up the less honorable and more cruel roles in planning and strategising, her goal being human extinction (the moral problems also handled well): things like espionage, manipulation of the public opinions to cause inner strife, slaughter of civilians (a whole lot of that), acts of terror etc. She is very very rarely on the front line and the dirty stuff is mostly done by her minions, but everyone (human and Demon alike) thinks that she is a powerful vile sorcerer with many grim rumours about her, and her character. Some even rumour her to be the embodiment of the concept of slaughter.
    Story competed with a bit less than 600 chapters, iirc.

armad224 likes this.
  3. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
  4. eredffe

eredffe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the suggestion sadly most of the chapters are already translated (712/756) also most -of not all- the websites hosting it require special VIP status or the purchase of special coins to unlock most of the chapters
    not to mention I really don't know how the Translators - Eatapplepie - access the chapters but they probably paid for them from the support of the readers and the ads

6. eredffe

eredffe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can read it from wuxia world for free. the ads arent that bad