Recommendations A Useless protagonist

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by No Idea Stupid Brat, Oct 18, 2021.

1. No Idea Stupid Brat

No Idea Stupid Brat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a novel with a talentless protagonist, but like, when i say "Talentless", i want a MC that get's strong because of his efforts, don't want someone that came back in time, nor anyone that has a "Hidden Power", because if he has a hidden power or talent, he's not talentless!!
    If possible i don't want romance.

Please help me

2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    A record of mortal's journey to immortality.

3. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude. No one except you wants to read about an mc who isn't special or whatever, basically all mcs have their certificates of mc otherwise why are they the mc, why not one of the other side characters or mob? But I suppose there are definitely a few without romance also cute down the few since authors love that plot point. None come to mind though, just select a weak protagonist tag and you'll find some.

He has powers though, mc "fortuitous encounters" and special items. Unless he's just asking for no personal hacks directly related to his body or whatever.

4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    That one korean novel about a spearman

5. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the Monarch?

6. kizumad

kizumad Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think you should’ve put useless at the beginning because that causes a lot of misunderstanding and should’ve just said what you said at the end but what I can think of off the top of my head is Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite the ending is meh but the beginning 2 arcs is good have a go at it

Reack likes this.
  7. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm how about Saihate no Paladin? MC will get (very) strong through his training with his teachers/"parents" without consuming some elixir or sorts. If he wasn't adopted by them, he would stay as a normal human commonly found anywhere since he has no particular build or special trait, so no hidden power. Even after he becomes OP (according to that world's standard), he still put his training & lessons with his teachers as guidance for him to make decisions (like doesn't immediately use strength to solve social problems and so on). No romance spotted so far (4 vol)

NorthBladeTL likes this.
  8. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    survival story of the sword king? (In something something? I forgot the rest of the title)

9. NorthBladeTL

NorthBladeTL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno about novels, but I think I know several manga that might fit the bill...
    • History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    • Hajime no Ippo
    • Eyeshield 21
    • Hikaru no Go
    • Law of Ueki (he has a talent, except its turning trash into trees)
    Though I really wouldn't call any of them "talentless" as being "hardworking" itself is a talent.

Reack likes this.
  10. No Idea Stupid Brat

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want a weak MC, i just want a MC that works hard, and don't give up although not having talent. But i wanted his efforts to pay off. Like, i love when someone works hard than someone else and his efforts pay off

11. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    You've answered yourself...XD

OP is in the same situation I'm in for years... Fed up with realm crossing power in just hundred chapters, every fight becomes tasteless, every treasure earned seems like free game packs...not to mention the rest of the time it's just the peanut gallery going on about young masters or being shocked how a nameless cunt mc is winning the show....or girls going haywire "you're different from all the other guys, I can't process it so let me get closer to you....eh?! I'm I in love?...oh he is strong enough guess it works".

Ps: you are mistaking mc is special to mc being special in their world. One can write a security guards biography, even in his mundane life he still is mc....it doesn't have to be "different" to be mc. not all people are just reading it for "face slapping" "harem hoarding"...some like us want something grounded in reality yet with all its fictional magic, it keeps us in intrigue and interested to turn the pages....fast food ones already plateaus in power level way earlier, there's no f*king growth! when it's getting boring to the audience they just pull a shitty reason from their a** to nerf their power then move to give another one just as quick so as to keep his social status...

Meh to each their own I guess...point being he is not the only one, neither are we.

12. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then boku No Hero academia, black clover, Eyeshield 21 (all of them manga btw)

Deku doesn't have talent becoming hero, but he try to become one by hardwork
    Black clover wants to be magician, but he doesn't have magic! well he has hidden talent, but...he want magic than that
    Eyeshield 21, he is very weak useless except running away, and then with hardwork he become a rugby

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  13. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate to say this, But deku was basically handed down the the strongest quirk. So no it can't be considered as gaing strength on his own basis.

14. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but without his hardwork he can't receive it?
    remember when he need to have muscle before he was handed down the power?
    deku only got a seed, if he doesn't water it, give it soil, it wont work?

but it was true he given a 'power'

15. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity is what you looking for: Talentless M.C, all with his own effort and no romance. But he does travel back in time twice but I would consider it a plus as it deepens the lore. Everything is explained.

I hate the fact the works hard in one episode, then yay! now I'm a super hero. I used to like this format now I'm old. The taste has changed, I find it absolutely cringe, no offense to you.

16. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    then, maybe demon slayer?
    i remember he wasn't given any magical talent :hmm:

nah, it's ok
    everyone has different taste after all.
    but, deku wan't that OP either after getting that power, only got ticket to go to that school. :hmm:
    i haven't read it again, so i forgot about it.

17. No Idea Stupid Brat

Reading List:
    Link
    that's exactly not what i want -_-
    Deku is just strong because a strong power was given to him, Asta was just able to continue improving because he got those swords, and etc, i am fed up with that

18. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see... I gave wrong one, I'm sorry
    I guess you prefer something like biography of someone successful? since real life have no shortcut

19. No Idea Stupid Brat

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, i don't want a biography, i want fantasy, but i don't want to just read about someone that is guaranteed to succeed on life, because life or fate or some crap like that handed that succees to them.

20. AZ21

AZ21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Empress's Gigolo he's so weak even 9 years old can beat him, i've read about 200 chaps and he's not getting stronger maybe because he was from a different world i guess
    there's romance but it was slow,no harem