How To Take Cold Showers EVERY DAY

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Azusky, Oct 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Azusky

Azusky Gazing At Moonlight | 50 Shades of Blue

Reading List:
    Link
    I took cold showers every day for the last 60 days since my birthday, i'm also waking up between 6:30 and 8:30 depending on how i feel, but never later. Disclaimer: I was a bigtime procrastonator who would never go near a cold shower or wake up early. First the benefits, then i'll explain the moment my procrastinating self had no chance but to obey to my goal. Benefits: Cold showers are actually extremely enjoyable now, they are not cold anymore and give me real joy, i laugh a lot and it spreads thorugh the day. I fall asleep very easily and early and in the morning i feel very refreshed, unlike 3 months ago.

How'd i do it? I read this quote. And it made BLING. Disciline- the practise of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.

My punishment was: If you don't do these 2 things you have to run in the cold for 20 minutes. And i really did not want that. So i did my waking up early and cold showering. Choose something that is quite a punishment for you. As kids we learn things like doing the dishes properly, vacuuming properly by getting shit on for notbö doing it properly, this is the same strategy but with a self-made punishment. Use this for any habit/goal you want to make. Thanks.

(I also did the memes for ISSTH so my opinion is valid)

2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Why would I punish myself?

Infact I'd reward myself for outsmarting my active half...maybe order a double pepperoni even...

Ps: punishment only works if someone else does it...self punishment is like epitome of being motivated ...those persons don't have procrastination problem at all.

3. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    It is the definiton of discipline of oxford dictionary. If i think about how i learnt to turn the lights offf etc. It was my father making me kind of scared (punishment)

4. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my dad takes cold showers every morning no matter what for the past...well ever since I've been born at the very least. I could never do that lol. My showers are always hot and either before bed or in the afternoon, or late morning when I'm not doing anything

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  5. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really fun now, it gets your dopamine really high and increases your discipline for all areas of life. The first 7 days are horrible i wanted to die, but that's why you need an even worse alternative (running 20min in the cold)

predictingthings likes this.
  6. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    You said it yourself mate....it needs a third party... and even in the definition it speaks about traning people, not oneself....but I'm not saying it's not possible to self discipline, but the one who is able to do it has already come out of the procrastination....

predictingthings and Jojo775 like this.
  7. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    No. People change all the time of their own accord. It's if you want it or not. If you don't want it at all, you'll think yeah i dont have discipline i need my father to do anything. But as i said i always wanted good habits but was a big procrastinator. Until i found this idea of self-punishment. And i commited to that. It's just a little commitment. Either do it or do the punishment. Either is beneficial for me

8. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link
    XD EXACTLY! people change all the time, a quote or a video might make me get up tomorrow at 5 am and workout for 2 hrs.... Then the next day I would end up just skipping it..all that motivation from that quote is gone.

As for punishing myself? If I couldn't get up at 5 what makes you think I'll do something more tedious?....if I can do the punishment I would have already done the work.

Jojo775 likes this.
  9. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    You and I can be the same. We are the same. We may have had different experiences in life which is why i can somehow create these life changing habits through a single quote, but if i can do it and many others can, you can too. And you are just wrong if you say it's not possible to be disciplined by yourself. Don't blame anyone else but your ego. Your ego (procrastinator, dopmamine seeker) is the enemy. Defeating it is the real goal of your life. Discipline = only way to freedom. Denying the possibility of being disciplined = enslavement. That's all i wanted to share and will share. I've been on hiatus from novels and movies for a while and now my life is picking up at a rapid pace, which is why i wanted to hopefully inspire 1 to see the sheer genius of the quote. The first 7 days are horrible i wanted to die, but that's why you need an even worse alternative (running 20min in the cold). This is in my opinion the key. If you can commit to one habit ( wake up early, study 1h a day, eat healthy, exercise after waking up), and commit to an even worse alternative, you'll be more happy after 60 days like me.

Jojo775 likes this.
  10. Zeusomega

Reading List:
    Link

You threw so much positivity now I cant even refute....XD

Just gonna repeat one tinnie tiny bit though...

that's all....:blobpeek:

Miku and Jojo775 like this.
  11. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    Throwing back my quote. It's not about already having discipline. It's making a choice to be disciplined starting TODAY, or tmrw.

12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not hard if you're used to it. I've been taking cold showers for around 5 years. It becomes a habit and you won't even think much about it any more. One real benefit is that you become more resistant to cold weather.

13. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I've failed. Watched free self improvement videos on youtube, exercised and cold showered for a bit before procrastinating again. Then I payed 2400$ to Andrew Kirby for his anti procrastinator class, tried it twice and while it's pretty good, it just doesn't work for everyone. I'm guessing 3/10 don't succeed(just a wild guess, I have no basis for it).
    Maybe it's because of my apathy but I've seen other people fail the program too. It works best for those who aren't actually procrastinators but they want to improve even further.
    Plenty of people will say they're lazy, but lazy is relative. Some consider watching 1 movie a day and having a half hour coffee chill being lazy.... what's that compared to us who do nothing but binge all day every day.

That said cold shower, exercise and walks do clear the head and if you can stick to it you can change, I still haven't given up.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    Zeusomega likes this.
  14. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
    Use Blocksite on Playstore and block NU, Youtube and so on.

15. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: Nope I need my hot showers thank you

16. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't work if you don't have a way to warm up afterwards

17. Writer_Luna

Writer_Luna Professional Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Benefits:
    When taken regularly, cold showers can make our circulatory system more efficient. Some people also report that their skin looks better as a result of cold showers, probably because of better circulation.

Risks:
    Your body's reaction to cold water puts added stress on your heart and could lead to an irregular heartbeat, or arrhythmia. “It's going to tax your heart in a way that could be dangerous,” says Carter.

How many times a week should I take a cold shower?
    Feel free to turn the temperature down even more if you want. You should take cold showers once or twice a day for several weeks for 2 to 3 minutes.

18. Azusky

Reading List:
    Link
  19. OechineunAlex

OechineunAlex 『Abandoned Eunuch』『Phone Boss in a Dream』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always had cold showers every day since I was kid. its actually quite uncommon to have hot showers in my country.

deadlyexistence23 likes this.
  20. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    >.> I do this all the time since I was kid in highschool, would wake up 5:30 am, and shower in cold water, go to school at 6:30, arrive at 7:00, roam around the school, and start at 8:00.

Now, I would wake up at 6:00, and lay or draw till 7, then shower, wait till 8, look at the schedule, and start the meet.

In weekdays tho, I can just lay in bed before afternoon XD

:blob_plusone: cold showers slap you and tells you to wake up you sleepyhead!