Discussion Thought on keeping a book journal?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alexcia, Oct 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Or any digital journal.

What do u think about tracking ur day to day life like this? is it worth it or is it more complicated and confusing?

Well, personally, I've kept them before but struggled with what to put in and what to write and what to not and so on so i dropped it for over a month now, should i pick it up again?

imK and Deleted member 369806 like this.
  2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried to do that before but then I lost interest on keeping track of such things by writing them down, so, need for such journals for me XD

Alexcia likes this.
  3. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    figured, right? it's like u got another duty at the end of an exhausting day and it just make u feel bad

4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that per se, but more about keeping such journal, your secrets and thoughts will be in it even if you don't write everything down in detail but some stuff will be exposed, imagine if you lose it or someone you don't want to know certain stuff comes to find out by reading your journal, there are lots of stuff to consider when keeping such journal, and if you don't write anything in it, it is just a waste of space, however, people got their views and if you think you want to keep such thing then do it XD

Alexcia likes this.
  5. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    It takes too much time.
    It would be valuable to read it in the future and remember your way of thinking but I'm too lazy for it.

Alexcia likes this.
  6. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried but gave up after two days. I forgot it existed and whenever I remembered about it I was too lazy to write. I also didn't know what to write? My brain was always blank. Kind of upset about it tbh because I bought a cute journal that cost me a bit and planned to use my penpal snail mail materials to make it interesting.

I have a friend though who did it for three years. She mainly just wrote her thoughts and random stuff. So I guess if you have the motivation to do it then it'll work out.

Alexcia likes this.
  7. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I have an on and off journal. I mostly write on it when there's something I absolutely need to get off my head.

As for book journals (journals for things I've read?), I don't have the desire to make it at all. If something about a novel bothered me maybe I'd use it as a topic of conversation or just put it on my journal instead.

Alexcia likes this.
  8. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to think it's a very specific kind of people that can keep a daily journal.

I've tried but ended becoming some exaggerated crap.....after a week when I tried to read it I cringed so hard I got cramps on my face so I tore the pages and flushed it down the toilet.

Never again I tell you...XD

Eru101 and Alexcia like this.
  9. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to, but I always forget. I need an accountability group for it or something XD

Alexcia likes this.
  10. deadlyexistence23

deadlyexistence23 ❝ And maybe, for a while that was true ❞

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried, but I just ended up sketching on it XD, sketchbooks would be nice, I can draw whatever, paint whatever, do whatever, it's like my journal, but instead of words, you have an image instead? I prefer sketchbook more, I can write on it, draw on it, and trash it around.:blobmelt:

Alexcia likes this.
  11. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    I've considered that possibility but then again, let them know all they like i guess since I'm open-minded XD. I'm kidding, it's like i don't give any fuck these days.
    Aww, i also got that kind of lazy thought y'know, it's like I'm too lazy to lift the pen and write it down.
    Uh huh, i still remember all those hard work i had to do in order to get the book and materials too....too painful...
    Ah no, book journal is like you write your journal in a book since most people prefer digital these days so i mentioned that.
    Ahahahahah wtf that's funny!!!! Now i wonder what you wrote there~~~
    Omg, we're same here master chan!!!
    That's just sketchbook!!!! But yes, you should just do what you like most *love*

Lissi and Deleted member 369806 like this.
  12. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh I see. I prefer using a physical journal. Writing by hand is more cathartic for me. But since covid started I been lazy to go out buy one. I'm pretty picky when choosing. It has to be the right size, texture and leaves type hahaha.

Alexcia likes this.
  13. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg yesssssss i ended up choosing the expensive one because of this preference of mine too...

Bad Storm likes this.
  14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a matter of preference and budget anyway. Some people are fine using normal notebooks while some just can't enjoy it without all the right things and all the right circumstances. If you can afford it, why not? Don't short yourself xD

imK and Alexcia like this.
  15. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right baby!!! You've said it well!!!!

Bad Storm likes this.
  16. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahh wanna form a group to do something then? :aww:

Alexcia likes this.
  17. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    You would???? that would be awesome!!!

Lissi likes this.
  18. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been journaling for about 20 years I guess? Something like that. Internet didn't become mainstream here until I was in my mid-late teens so you had a lot of free time to fill up with hobbies. Reading a lot and keeping a diary are leftover habits from back then. I don't know if it's something you need to do with the way technology is but I enjoy it so I'm continuing it. Nothing fancy, just regular lined notebooks and pens.

Alexcia likes this.
  19. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes yes~ Wanna do a blog series or something? :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Alexcia likes this.
  20. Eru101

Eru101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have one but I only do it when I feel like it rather than forcing myself to remember everything and take note of it (There's no fun in repetitive days lol)

So I only include memorable experiences. It's worth it (at least for me) 'cause you can look back at it whenever you want and reflect.

P.S.
    Digital is safer. If I use a book journal, I'll be damned anxious if someone ever got to read it lol

Alexcia likes this.