Discussion keke, Physical Affection. o/

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Oct 19, 2021.

?

Do you like hugs?

1. YES

54.5%
  2. No

15.2%
  3. Sometimes/Depends

27.3%
  4. *hugs Skullie*

3.0%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Just out of curiousity~

I'm wondering how often, post-pandemic wise of course...do people like physical affection or attention? Between family, friends, or even if you're simply dating someone.
    Personally, growing up I was a grump. So I would be aggressive and hit and kick if anyone (even family) if they tried to give me a hug... :derpyblob: I think I didn't like how much taller they were all from me and felt like I was constantly being smothered and coddled too much. ESPECIALLY ALL OF THOSE AUNTS AND GRANDMAS. :blobflag: lmao

But as years went by I found out that affection is important and I rather like it. Especially between friends. I think it makes us closer.
    We all would enjoy hugging or just playing with each other's hair (my favourite). :blobcat_hyper:
    Or just watching movies together and cuddling or reading books, and grabbing a ton of pillows and beanbags to lay all over the floor together and chill out.
    During that time, there was this specific thing a close friend used to do before we moved away; she had very nice nails, natural and kind of long so she would do this thing where she lightly ran the back of her nails along our wrist or back, it was kind of ticklish but was nice. And it was like her 'trademark' friendly affection with us. But now she is gone. ::blobcatsad:: I kinda miss it sometimes. She was very kind/friendly & easy to talk to.

So with the pandemic that happened and personal life stuff, a lot of friends were lost. I heard a lot of jokes about people being 'affection starved' and thought they were over exaggerating, but I think that is starting to affect me too. Especially since I got more socially awkward over the years and lost a big group of friends. ;-; Tsk. Need more friends irl now.

Anyway-

That's not what I initially made this for, but as most of my threads do, they turn into me venting pfft. TT__TT
    SO. I was curious, how often do you give/take physical affection? And do you like it? (pretending covid doesn't exist...)
    And if you have one, is there a specific kind of 'form; of affection you like? I mentioned how friends would play with each other's hair. It just feels really personal and really nice too. :]

But recently my s/o (when we have time to hang out which is rarely now TT__TT) will softly run her fingers along my ear (?) or like massage them idk but it's nice. I think it's a weird thing to enjoy since I never thought of it before, but it's nice too. Not sure how to explain it, ha.

Ye. :blobcozy: I wish I could give all of you guys' hugs, like a giant group hug.

Wizard007, amilhs, applebeans and 5 others like this.
  2. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually hug my mother every morning, and...kinda nothing else, other than the virtual love i get from here

Mr. Tired likes this.
  3. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat* Just know all our love is true. :bloblove:

Agentt likes this.
  4. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    Same to you

Mr. Tired likes this.
  5. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate getting physical. Even normal touches. Feels gross

6. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    If you do not mind my asking and if you have the answer, did you always just not like being hugged or any form of touch? Even someone accidentally bumping shoulders with you (though that actually might be annoying for anyone). :blobsweat:

7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hugs are nice! But you gotta smell good... :cookie:

Mr. Tired and Tech is life like this.
  8. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I found that if I fought against people hugging me growing up, they would just try harder (based on what I saw my older brother experience) so I just lowered my presence enough to not be picked out. That worked pretty well and my amount of hugging maintained itself at a low level. Now I can get through life without having to hug people ever and I love it. The pandemic even gave me a bonus excuse to cite, so that was one of the few positives of it.

I'm the type of person who simply doesn't understand the appeal of hugging family and friends. Maybe a romantic partner, but idk.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  9. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    First ques yes. Second ques: it's ok. I know it's an accident.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  10. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    YES. >_> Basic hygiene which should be done regularly anyway, espcially in a pandemic, should be a continuous habit. Maybe I might phrase this weird, but it is nice having a cozy hug and the person smelling nice. (hmm, my sister for example) We'll hug goodbye and I'll notice she's wearing her usual Blossom Perfume. It smells so nice. :blobReach: It's like her signature body spray too, so now anything Floral reminds me of her. It's comforting is how I mean to say it.

11. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I like hugs. It's been a while since my last one.

Deleted member 341214 likes this.
  12. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the idea of one but the action of one makes me uncomfortable. Just cause if someone smells weird it really makes me wanna at least be a couple feet away from them while im talking to them

Mr. Tired likes this.
  13. Deleted member 341214

Deleted member 341214 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I love physical affection.I tend to feel more safe, and relaxed when that happens.

This.
    Why yu hurting us like that man... :blobunamused:

Yeah for me too,the last non-family hug I had was years ago.

Hmm,interesting POV. I think physical touches are awesome, maybe it's just me lusting for intimacy.

14. wasntbornyesterday

wasntbornyesterday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate hugs. Its only okay when I hug people, not the other way around.

15. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a reply about liking hugs but I accidentally deleted it. Well, gist is, I loveee hugs and cuddling ang I'm sad that I can't do that anymore :blobsad:

Mr. Tired likes this.
  16. writtenforcup

writtenforcup i wanna fffff

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my god i'm a normally physically clingy person the pandemic made me feel touch-starved in like, the worst ways possible

huh- for me it's also partially that i'm just... cold all the time, and i tend to cling to any warmth i can find (also hugs are just nice~)

17. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hugs are awkward and just not my thing. Either I'll avoid them or hug you extremely hard cuz I can't handle the awkwardness and need to make a joke out of it.

But a few years ago, this one girl hugged me and wow, and without sounding like a complete pervert, her hug was genuinely amazing. It felt strangely so comforting, warm, and soft lol. You know when people kind of curve their arms up your shoulders? Not around you. I forget why she hugged me tho. It was during PE so I'm pretty sure I stunk. She smelled nice tho.
    Alright now I'll stop, I'm starting to sound like a pervert. I promise I'm not :sweating_profusely:

18. Wizard007

Wizard007 Arlo

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate any type of contact, to the point I can end up accidentally hurting my friends when they touch me, even if I say one of my friends always wants to give hugs so I have to get used to it although I really don't like the feeling it gives me, on the other hand if initiated by me or we r in a relationship and chilling together I can do that but still it would be me starting contact not them

Mr. Tired likes this.
  19. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope they understand your discomfort with most physical contact not being on a personal level. :cookie: Remember: Communication is key. And most people would understand, I'm sure, that unless you're comfortable/you initiate it, you're not a fan of hugging.