Resource Thinking about translating a novel, advice please?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Vamp-Chan, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Vamp-Chan

Vamp-Chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I fell in love with a CN novel which was translated to EN in Bravonovels (it's a reading app) BUT it got dropped at like chapter 300 and the entire novel has 400+ chapters. So I was wondering if I can translate the rest of the 100 myself cause I read the rest using MTL. I am not great with written CN but good with Pinyin and speaking CN so I thought of MTL-ing and then listening to it while translating.

What I'm worried about is:

1. Is it a breach of anything if I just pick up from chapter 301 onwards? I kinda doubt it but it leads to:

2. I don't think anyone would read the novel if it's from 301 onwards unless they already have the app cause the story in the app is a paid one.

3. But at the same time, I can't translate everything from chapter 1 on my own + that'll be illegal? idk.

4. What website that I can use. I've read on some established translator websites which allows us to change to dark mode + next chapter buttons but I don't think it's wordpress?

Any other help is much appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    You can translate it from chapter 1 you would only have to stop if you get DMCA notice, otherwise you can translate your heart away.
    and since the translator dropped it then you can pick it up right away.

3. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    You can translate the Novel and even post it online, as long as you dont ask for money to read it i think. And Like Aegis062 said, if you do it for Free and Post said translated Chapter Online you can get a Notice to stop it (And most likely take down the already Chapters that are Online) or you can get legal problems. I am not very knowing about such thing, but if you have a description that the Chapters are Fan-Translated in the Online site that you may Post it, may clear up problems that can come up.