Then and now #1/6

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 41274, Oct 21, 2021.

?

What you think of the mods?

1. Nice

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Scary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Who?

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. First of all, I will give 500 nuffies to each for the first 20 commentors and 250 for the second 20. Each person only gets it once. I had some nuffies since @SoulZer0 and @AMissingLinguist and some other users gave me some for a lottery which I forgot.
    Anyway, what was your impression when you joined the forum at the beginning compared to now?
    For me I felt I could find out more about the webnovels and saw some reviews of some knowledgeable user. Apart from that because it was new I wanted to see ehat functions a forum has. Over the years Tony added cool new stuff. Although the old forum without new functions was perfect too. Even without nuffies for example, since I dont use it anyway.
    I thought those older users are cool because the are so active and entertaining. Some got banned a lot and posted weird funny shit. Twas hilarious.

Now i dont care anymore. Most old dudes are gone or inactive. I think the users changed a lot. Mostly I got older and cant take these jokes anymore and i dont find the users as cool anymore. I think its an age problem maybe. Well its not a problem. Im just feelsoldman.

I thought they are scary because they can arbitrarily ban you or out of spite. But if you follow the rules and dont do anything stupid or arent active they dont ban you nor care about you

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2021
    kkgoh, amilhs, Xilphidae and 10 others like this.
  2. That One Average Fellow

That One Average Fellow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt that.

Like finding a shiny new toy, over time it's just not as exciting anymore, it takes some time to get used to forums but after the initial high it gets difficult to emulate the feeling of the earlier days.

3. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I can't relate coz almost all the post I see here are bl and yaoi so I seldom go here.

4. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    So true. Need more atg posts

runsing likes this.
  5. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    It was quite useful, people helped me with finding novels I forgot ~ Also the people in here was very nice ~

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  6. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything changes over time. Especially People. Although most times it's very subtle. I'm not active near as much as I used to be but still around. I am grateful for NU. I was very antisocial and used NUF to practice socializing online. Thanks to this I did meet friends I still chat with today, and I even met my fiancee online. I can only credit this community for helping me break out of my deep shyness.

But you are correct. I do hardly come around anymore. I do have a deeper social life outside the internet now, and that is part of it. I also spend time on scribblehub. But I like to check in periodically. Mostly I don't have time to be on the site to read as much. Even if I still have an addiction to the occasional trash webnovel.

There is a season for everything, and perhaps one day I will completely move on, but I will always be grateful to this forum for helping me change as a person.

7. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    time changes things, nothing is eternal even if it doesn't age...

8. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    give me that nuffies

i surf in this web from 2016, but just recently joined 2 years ago. idk much about nuffian

9. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    My first impression was nuf general is a hub to intellectuals all across the fields...where the Harvard and LSE met hands....

:blobpeek: now give me my nuffies

10. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    I used Aho Updates first, in the before times. I don't quite remember how I found NU tbh, but it took me a bit before I joined the forums.

It was a lot wilder then, I felt. Shitposting was everywhere, but it was almost always in good fun.

Me and some others started the Cult of @Pyoo ; those where some of the most fun times I had here.

Then people left, new ones came in, and things changed. And I changed. And here I am, barely posting anymore, just lurking.

I just hope everyone is doing well. There are a few I worry for a lot.

I'm happy things worked out so well for you. Stay happy!

11. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall! (Salute)

AMissingLinguist and Nargol like this.
  12. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    When I arrived on nuf, I spent like 3 months without an account and another year lurking on forum. It was nice back then, I was much more active without reading novels here and all.

Now I have now watched so many new generations of people arrive on nuf and leave that I kind of just dont care about it now.

13. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx to u i read the tycoon novel too now its mashallah

14. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... I didn't use the forum for months and months at first because I thought it was scary.

Even after I started the translating stuff, it was still scary.

But then I made friends!! And I guess... I'm newer than you, so my friends are still mostly active? So NUF's still really fun to me!! blobmelt_thumbs

15. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Really fun and bursting with vitality, especially in the Community Games subforum. In the novel side of things, wuxia and xianxia novels were in full swing, the otome villainess reincarnation trope was in it's infancy, and system transmigration + infinite flow weren't known yet. In the forum, sects, families and cliques were everywhere, and we were all just coming up with activities and games to do. I was a bit intimidated by the mods, and I thought the people who joined in 2015 were chaotic spam posters.

Now, I think a lot of nuffians have grown up. There's this feeling of stability and mellowness, but since the types of people this forum attract haven't changed that much, it's still easy to find like-minded friends. I do miss the old NUF sometimes, but not to the point where I want to drop everything and go back. It's enough to just go read past conversations and reminisce fondly. :blobhug:

alexfilia and AMissingLinguist like this.
  16. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    in this thread right now you are the newest, before that only old people replied lol.
    Nargol is the oldest here #7615 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5

AMissingLinguist and Lissi like this.
  17. Novel otaku desu

Novel otaku desu 『R0 Trickster』『Sleeping Fox』『Desucchi』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuh uh, read novel only -> NUF -> read novel and sometimes open forum

Playing games etc is very fun, discussing *cough* bl, yaoi *cough* i mean life is fun too \○/ well yup my friends are inactive (?) Dun rlly know but yes i am kinda inactive :'

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    corona chan really give this cat a headache~ as for change, this cat indeed change cuz there more responsibility, duty, obligations on various stuff this cat have currently compare when this cat pop up here~
    this cat getting lazy and more lazy bum~
    bum chiki chiki chiki bum bum~

this cat forget the impression beside chat about novel and translation scene~ just rolling around~
    19656.png

on general this cat not really change~
    typical lazy bum who peek and pop up here and there~
    live.jpg

almost forget
    the mod
    troll and hammer
    that NUF mod

19. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    My first impression of NUF was that it was a new way of interacting online. This is probably the only place where I actually stuck around and commented.

My impression of NUF currently is that it's full of people who have interesting and busy lives, so they don't have time to come here anymore and share. I hope they're alive and well. justabotscary:blob_ghost:justabotwork

20. Seola

Seola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I joined in the middle of this year, but I had used the forums to peek at spoilers and see other people's opinions on certain novels way before then. I had a very positive mindset whenever I surfed on NU because it was one of the ways I would spend time when I'm not doing anything. It was fun, and I decided to make an account to officially join the community and be part of it.

When I joined, there were a lot of people who I liked. They were kind, guided me through the site, helped me get comfortable, and shared some tips. Over time, though, I saw how people's tastes in genres change, some would go inactive, and some would delete their accounts. Of course, I understand that they are busy and must have done so because they have their own circumstances.

But those three factors really broke the ties I had with them since the something we had in common, or the usual conversations we had would no longer happen. I guess that kind of discouraged me to check back on this site less frequently than before. I don't talk much anymore; I only read discussion posts and spoiler posts and do not comment anymore.

I still like NU, and I still like the community. There are tons more people than before, and there are more people who share the same tastes as me. The only thing that's different is the lack of intimacy we have with those new ppl compared to those in the past. Time changes things, and we are all affected by it. But I mean ig that's how life be whether it's online or in person.