Spoiler I'm Stanning the Prince [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shoshorang, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Marinessa

Marinessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after the latest chapter I want to see a 'Contemplative' Rayburn as well. He was so adorable
    I don't know about you guys but I am gonna ugly cry when Rayburn , Angela and Schlan are reunited. :blobsob:

sugarwhale and Lemew like this.
  2. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about what kind of bird it is, but I think what Rayhoya keeps is not an eagle but a black dove right?:hmm::blobpopcorn:

sugarwhale and Lemew like this.
  3. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The animals in ISTP universe is pretty exaggerated/stylized and borders on fantasy even. At first I thought maybe Zoo Sun nim just drew the rats like plush toys for comedy but after that poison scene nope, they are indeed like that. (Except the boars, we got them in real life.) Doves have a distinguishing build and beak. Schlan (I'm just gonna call Hoya's bird Schlan now) looks like a mixture between a raven and a hawk/buzzard. Also this quail's antenna is adorable out of topic I went. I was researching borbs.
    Also the baby cotton ball schlan doesnt look like our world's chicks of doves and pigeon. I googled (lol) and found White tail tropical Pantheon chicks, and BUZZARDS (buzzards are related to Vultures as they have the same ancestor, they look like hawks but a little more beefy and different feather arrangements) chick fit the cotton ball description. So *smokes pipe* Zoo Sun nim drew inspiration from these babies. Case solved.
    ... I gotta control my full on analysing and thesis mode on random stuff in ISTP environment
    Edit for the umpteenth time: Chancellor's bird strongly resembles a golden eagle. They have a wingspan of 1.3-2 metres. They big borbs
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    sugarwhale likes this.
  4. Arye

Arye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually like the "opposite attracts" trope but in this case it looks like it would cause a lot of emotional damage.

I feel like Frederick isn't ready to be with Garnet or Bourbon nor do they deserve the pain that he is.
    The guy spent like 3 chapters heart eying Angela to the point where it became irritating considering that he is AWARE that her and his brother have a special connexion/feelings for one another. At this point he's just obsessed and it's a big nono (Like pull yourself together brother wth)

I'm so glad that Garnet looked upset in chapter 62 I hope it means that she won't just happily go with the flow because despite all her flaws she doesnt deserve to be shipped back to the country which framed her for treason.

As for Bourbon, girl is ready to throw herself in the fire for him and he won't spare her one look, granted she treats him like a doll that might break at any moment and her feelings for him are more like heroworship/fangirl than romantic but still no.

I hope they break the engagement and that Bourbon will get some justice. (I personally ship her with mano but whatever)

He is too emotionally damaged/unavailable to be in any kind of romance.

5. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! You are the first person that have the same idea with me about BourbonxMano. First i thought it’s only me. I kinda see Bourbon chemistry with Mano than with Federick

6. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel quite sad to Frederic. He also come to Vess with purpose to meet Angela (maybe a little bit want to help his brother and against chancellor) but he can’t get a chance to speak. Just keep eye contact

although I Iove rayngal , I hope Frederic can finally get his own fortunes .

It is sad but it is true that both garnet and bourbon are not the suitable girl for him. They know nothing about him and Frederic even not give a chance let them know by sharing his feelings.

I think if.garnet x Frederic , Frederic may get a family warm and support from Vess (it is sad in ch62 that he search the warmth from Vess queen although I doubt he may be acting) but it is meaningless if he keep such relationship with garnet (not talk to her except necessary)

for bourbon, I think she start to try to understand Frederic ( giving her hand to Frederic in ch54? Instead of stopping him get out of expeditions army) care of him by action and speak instead of just thinking in mind but it still not enough (she want to kill garnet even it would lead a war, but Frederic doesn’t want it)

Although I don’t ship for Mano x bourbon , they may have some story to tell. They are mad at each other when they are fighting or attack his or her master, but Mano will return bourbon’s sword or even giving advise to bourbon while bourbon may agree mano’s decision and keep searching Mano for every chance (maybe in order to fight with him ? Haha)

Thoughtful-Dreamer, Lemew and Martha. like this.
  7. Martha.

Martha. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmfao same his obsession with her irritates the hell out of me.
    But didnt he say he wanted to use Angela to get close to house espelindo ? What is he waiting for he had more than one chance and let them all slip.
    What does he even want ? His siblings back ? He seems to blame them for his mother's death (which i find crazy because if the twins saw schwandell as a problem the one who would be dead is him because he is the real threat.) Or for leaving him alone in the castle ? (Did they even have the choice ?)Or maybe not noticing that his uncle abuses him ? Does he even want the throne ? Sometimes yes sometimes no.
    And i really want to know WHY IN THE WORLD he was glaring at his brother in chap 59 like did he think they were in a sort of competition in which Rayburn was trying to steal his place ? Is that also perhaps why he chases after Angela so much ? To spite big bro ? If we take into consideration what he said when he was speaking with Hoya and told her if it was okay for him to take their position and their people in chap 38.

He is complicated and i can't wait to see the boss fight against his uncle. I hope he will find in himself the courage to face him.

8. Marinessa

Reading List:
    Link
    WOW!! Me too, I always thought Bourbon and Mano will end up together.,They certainly have ' Chemistry' if nothing else.
    Fredrick and Bourbon though seems impossible.I think he needs to be on his own and figure himself out, Throughout his life he has been a puppet at the hands of the chancellor.
    Maybe his attraction to Angela is his form of rebellion ( the chancellor has always hated her) and seeing his super emotionally closed off brother react so strongly to her increases her 'allure' in his eyes. It might also be simple curiosity or a deeper longing for the warmth and affection which she effortlessly exudes.

9. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. We established the point Frederic got issues and PTSD with all the crap he's been thru. And there's something I noticed with Frederick, he didnt go for the kill when he was shooting the boar. Not even mercy killing it, when it came to the end. Bourbon volunteered to put it out of its misery. I wonder if his mother taught him the value of life or sth when he ripped the butterfly in chap 46. Empress Daria when will you come again in flashback mode.
    We be needing the past memory on why Frederick and Rayburn and Hoya are so distant to the point of making me wanna bonk them, I bet it's the politics and General. (Also 1st Empress Adelia is she still alive?) Hell, even the emperor, he's a crappy dad until I see a scene that disproves it.
    Also maybe a raw scene where these three idjits fight and lay bare their feelings like *PUNCH* "You lEFT ME. ALONE. UNDERSTANDABLE BUT WHEN I TRIED TO REACH OUT YOU IGNORED EVERY. SINGLE. TIME."
    "WELL SORRY WE WERE TRYING TO NOT DIE BY ASSASSINS EVERY 2 SECONDS. AND I THOUGHT YOU HAD THAT BLUE CHEESE BASTARD"
    "I HATE HIM.IHATEHIM.IHATEHIM"
    "WELL GOOD TO KNOW WE AGREE ON ONE THING" *SLAP CAUSE FREDERICK IS SMALL*

10. MayaAelins

MayaAelins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This! I always got the vibe that his feeling toward Angela is only a curiousity and fascination, at least for now he aren't deeply attracted (romantically) to Angela (not yet). When Rayburn received Angela's message, Ferderick knew right away that it's angela. He is aware that Rayburn and Angela has a thing going on. But he's too chill about it. He casually brought up inviting Angela for a walk in front of Rayburn. He know that Angela is anxious because Rayburn isn't around and thinking about it so casually.He doesn't really care whether angela is romantically involved with his brother, and he even teases Rayburn. I don't think he consider Angela as romantic partner either, maybe because of his current engagement so it was already out of question???

11. Arye

Arye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh i didn't see it from this angle but yeah maybe if he really blames them for his mom's death it could have started as a situation of " since you took away my most important person i'm going to take yours"

But i don't think he is this petty or at least i'm hoping he's not. :blobawkward:

12. blnk_spce

blnk_spce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Angela's genuine care and attitude remind Fredrick of his mother, so he likes being around her because he feels comfortable around her. She's not just nice to him because he's a the prince. She has no ulterior motives like Garnet. She's not really politically affiliated with anyone even if the Espelindos brought her in, and that's really all it is.

As for his glare at Rayburn, remember a few chapters ago, Rayburn was mad at Fredrick saying that if Fredrick just did his duty and treated Garnet better as the crown prince and so stop wasting time on the expedition, it could've been over quickly or something? I interpreted his glare to Rayburn during the kiss as something like, "are you happy now??" In a sort of irritated way.

Lastly, not sure if this was theorized yet, sorry if I missed it, but does anyone also think
    the Chancellor assassinated his own sister, Fredrick's mom, so that he could frame and remove the Espelindos from power, then groom and use Fredrick as a tool? I hope Fredrick continues to rebel and he and the twins can eventually work together. :blobpopcorn_two:

Emma626, ma_lavander, eirenne and 4 others like this.
  13. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Frederick getting the attention he deserves and NEEDS *Pats him* honey let's take you to therapy.
    He lost his mom when he was a child, and said mom was affectionate. His only refuge. PTSD guaranteed. Daria genuinely cared about Frederick and was worried about him. The little snippets we see is enough.
    Now Angela's showing these traits that his deceased mother used to do since that's how she is. Her heart is on her sleeve oof. And Frederick found solace in that. On top of that he saw how free she is, which he also yearns for. Angela grew on Frederick kinda like how she grew on Rayburn back at Wisteria tree days. We're not sure about whether the interest is romantic (it kinda seems like that) or platonic, but he's definitely projecting his mother on Angela, and he might think it's romantic but it's actually not. The more I analyse this baby, I just cry more

Hoya's the first born as mentioned by herself, and she was just ignored??? Like misogyny much Ludecht? She's an imperial child at the end of the day, where's the royalty schmoyalty. In chap 46, it's mentioned how she can go to the Underground town freely (and how it's filled with "prisoners" too hmm interesting) Rayburn is worried about the people rubbing off on her and she just mentions how nobody cares about her whether she leaves or not. And Rayburn just gives us this sad face. I- what not even the maids? Adelia what the fudge. In another, 1 second flashback we see how Hoya was standing before Rayburn protecting him even. And the Emperor just looking disinterested? Disappointed? Why? Cause he was late at his class or sth?-300 dad points for him. You failed at parenting. She was almost killed off multitude times cause of being a "hindrance" to Rayburn. Sigh. And also it makes me imagine a lot about her Noona Hoya moments. The three went to the festival together, Hoya was being so Hoya. Cocky, headstrong. And when Emperor and Hoya was talking she mentioned how the house is still empty even though she's here :blob_teary:. Pointing at where Espelindos stand and her saying "Ah, not my spot yeah" (Also tappy Toons translation says "My child" and unofficial just says "child" So emperor I'm holding onto this thin rope that you're not absolutely failure at dad-ing) I hope she becomes the Empress, time and time again we see her being competent. Just perfect. Ahhh when's 27th going to come

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Emma626, eirenne, Marinessa and 4 others like this.
  14. Thoughtful-Dreamer

Thoughtful-Dreamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I agree with you. Neither Garnet nor Frederick nor Bourbon are ready to be in a relationship: they are too damaged (Garnet is too prideful, Frederick is abused and Bourbon is too devoted to Frederick). Even if I ship Frederick and Bourbon, I always pictured them after their issues are fixed, when they are stable and happy. Right now, it is not the case and I don't ship them for who they are now. Moreover, I don't see Frederick being interested in Bourbon (it's more of a fanon ship for me in fact with headcanons on what it could be - I have a lot of imagination:blobrofl:)
    I like the trope Crown personn/Knight (when it's male prince and female knight it's even better - if you have some suggestions about it I'm all ears:cookie:) that is one of the reason I ship them. I think they support each other (Bourbon shows it way more than Frederick but I think that he cares about her but can't show it) Plus the flashback between them were really cute!

I kinda ship Mano and Bourbon too to be honest:blobrofl: They have some sort of chemistry. Plus, Mano seems to care for her and I like their banter and interactions:blobReach:

But right now the ships aren't the priority. I'm more interested in the plot, want to see the characters be mentally and physically well and see them having good relationships between each other (romantics ones, family, friends...)

kitsoul, Drmoch, Lemew and 1 other person like this.
  15. Marinessa

Reading List:
    Link
    Your Spoiler is the most probable option right now (I mean that's what I.e everyone I.e most of the readers think anyway). Is it too obvious though? :hmm: Is he a scapegoat for someone else? Someone worse.
    I agree. Fredrick needs all the hugs in the world. The scene with the King & Queen of Vesstia and especially with the way he held the queen's hand just about broke my heart.
    Also I just want to add the kids I.e Rayburn, Hoya and Fredrick would have had a happier childhood if the adults around them namely the King, First Queen and the General Chancellor were better adults.

16. Trash_talk

Trash_talk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally came back after being busy due to school and omg a LOT has changed. Also one question, Is Hoya still vying for the throne or is she done with all the misogyny and will let Rayburn sit on it. If that happens it will be very weird though because she's a lot more ambitious and ready to sit on the throne than Rayburn who actually doesn't care too much about it and just wants to care for his people..

sugarwhale likes this.
  17. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure(clear) yet. Her arc is still ongoing.
    After Angela left for Vess there has been minuscule amount of Hoya screentime. :blobsob: we dont know how she is atm. But Chancellor's plan failed yeh. OwO now that I think about it I wonder if Chacellor will figure out that Hoya checkmated him in Vess Arc. He seems pretty thick headed.
    Everyone cheer Hoya for taking a leap of faith on Angela for carrying out her role and not causing a war✨:blobparty:

Emma626, rayofsunshine and sugarwhale like this.
  18. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a few questions about the story development

What will happen in Vess and talan story ?
    After that, would it seriously affect the throne?
    the expedition is caused by Frederic. He suggested to have a look of Vess to conclude the truth of Vess document (although he may just want to stay away of castle, nvm)

Frederic may be rewarded as he maintains the alliance but vess royal family also know chancellor is probably responsible to the fake document. Will it be possible to affect schwandell family status? (Poor Frederic, chancellor alway act as de-buff to you)

(so that house schwandell start an expedition, requested support and army from noble, cost a month to arrive Vess and solve a problem that caused by schwandell. And finally no war break out and no contribution can make. :facepalm: (Too costly but nothing benefit, their supplies ship also given to Vess as present) Will it affect schwandell’s reputation? And what will the Ludext king think? )

Rayburn try to contribute to the country and honour his family by joining war. But he didn’t get the chance up to now. Maybe he will show off when talan story start. But is it sufficient for the throne?

He may be rewarded that he try to solve problems with Vess royal family by conversation instead of sword. (Actually merit belong to Angela :aww:)

now I looking forward to what will happen if the second book of Prince series publish (now on Hoya’s hand and I hope it can be published) since Mano suggested to add some articles which help Rayburn to fight for the throne. And also the talan story may provide chance for Rayburn’s contributions :blobpopcorn_cool:

And what is the actual country relationship between Ludext and Vess?
    And what is the history of Ludext Empire ? Is Ludext always in war with other countries?
    Vess is a small kingdom while Ludext is Empire. Vess obviously has little bargaining power with Ludext (it is understandable for garnet to try to control Ludext (eg control Frederic in order to obtain the schwandell family) in order to protect her country but she is too arrogant)

And ch46 show that Ludext have had aggressive ambitions on Vess since long time ago ( I guess maybe 10 years ago based on the age of character) (they discussed that Vess is small and can be take over easily ), but Ludext stopped its plan due to their solider are tired for the war and chancellor gain power after the war with northern region (the 1st queen seem to control the discussion and didn’t want chancellor gain more power by war). Alliance may be the solution for Ludext and Vess while Ludext fighting with Talan. As a consequence, Ludext crown Prince should marry vess princess, who just like hostage.

so that Knox show his anger when he sense Ludext try to invade Vess

will it be possible that Ludext want to invade Vess since long ago. :hmm: So that chancellor decide to have the expedition after Frederic refuse to marry garnet in the ball? He just make the schedule earlier than planned.

(If Memory and translation are correct->) Ludext is always in a war since it is built (ch47?), but why? Is it need to always gain resources from war to maintain its wealth?

( it may have some problems inside the country, according to my manga experience XD, but since it is romantic story, i think it may not be serious matter)

Even the duke, the first Prince Rayburn, his last expedition spent 9 months. Do this mean that Ludext is survive based on war? What is the cause for the war?:hmm: I don’t believe the rumours mention that wars are caused by Rayburn since he is bloodthirsty. Rayburn participate in war in order to make contribution and he always take the lead since he is the highest rank in the army ( the 1st Prince) and he has responsibilities to lead the army.

And the parents story. May the Frederic and religion involved in dethrone of Rayburn?
    When you find out Ludext royal siblings childhood moment in season 1, it is found that little Frederic have a notebook and pen on his hand when he trying to hold his siblings’ hand in ch38? But few chapter later in ch40, the scenes mention the assassination of 2nd queen also have notebook and pen.

Was Frederic unconsciously involved in the dethrone of Rayburn by writing something and others misunderstood?

also remember the scene of when Rayburn was dethroned in ch23?, chancellor said the bishops was right which he mention the royal twin cause bloodbath. Why bishops said the twin are bloodbath ? They were just kids at that time, (not little vampires ok?)

I think the parent story maybe sth old fashioned. Ludext king marry the 1st queen to stables his position since Esperindo is the powerful house in empire, and marry 2nd queen for love (so he keeps calling her dia instead of full name) the king may not like the 1st queen as she also try to gain more power (remember ch46 she try to control the meeting with chancellor after war and she said the war took more time than expected since she didn’t involve) so that the king was angry and dethrone Rayburn when 2nd queen was assassinated. ( or he try to re balance the 2 powerful family ? Did he try to protect Rayburn? Only god and zoosun nim know)

Rayburn may responsible for a little bit to the 2nd queen assassination so that he can’t said the rumours are wrong but others keep misunderstanding him. Hope more detail will be given later

maybe I think too far away. But I wonder what situation the character may face. Also I Iove the detail provided by zoosun nim

just theories based on assumption. sorry for my poor English

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  19. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all.. thanks to our discussion, there are many reviews that open my view more about ISTP

after I read all the opinions, especially about the king, Ray's father for some reason I still see a little hope about him..

when he returned to the capital and talked with hoya, he still called them (Ray,fred) as my sons..

Finally I assumed that maybe Rayburn's expulsion from the palace was planned, considering that Ray and Hoya were often poisoned by them as one of their parental concerns. maybe?
    (I'm also a little unsure about this considering the time Hoya was standing in front of the throne and the king said it was Rayburn's place, but he also said he didn't care about him??
    I really want to see more plots related to the king) either I'm quite curious about him maybe because his face is very similar to Rayburn,,lol..:blobmelt::blobnosebleed:
    Like father like son..:blobcheeky:

And for Ferderick

I'm really confused by him.. as in one of our discussions, when in ch he was kissed by garnet and then ferderick looked at ray with a look that seemed unsightly?(...) :blobwoah::blobwoah:(I don't want to judge,) maybe there is a hidden pov like the situation was in ch 40 where rayburn handed over the teriod then hoya looked at him too which was actually to protect rayburn herself)

He uses angela to approach esperind, but on the other hand he is also the one who approaches angela which his brother really cares about.. especially in ch 28, he told him to go home??:blobpopcorn_two:

I mean, even though Ray has been struggling to get into the tiger's lair, it's like he doesn't welcome him??
    and thanks to him too, who protected his brother (Rayburn) from archers when at ch 40 my pov about him started to change a bit too, but still hesitating

and still until now I'm enjoying all the characters, otherwise I wouldn't smile until I laugh in the middle of the night every time a new chapter comes:blobrofl::blobmelt:

Marinessa, Lemew, eirenne and 2 others like this.
  20. rayofsunshine

rayofsunshine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your English is very good so there is nothing to apologize for! These are not confirmed but just easter eggs I picked up along the way so please take it with a grain of salt.
    In short, I believe yes, what happened in Vess and Talan will affect the throne candidates.

The expedition was planned by Hoya and the Chancellor and they didn’t expect Ferderick to join -> that's why they said this was unexpected in chapter 44.

I think Ferderick joining just showed that he really wanted to get out of the palace. The Chancellor practically imprisoned him and it's suffocating.

What happened in Vess will not affect the Schwandell family, for now, since Ferderick asked the Vess King and Queen to keep it a secret until he has more power to openly punish the Chancellor. Well, unless Knox and Garnet decided to fudge it up instead lol

I don't think just joining war will be sufficient cuz this is why people called Rayburn bloodthirsty even tho he's not and no one wants a king with that rumor. This is probably the reason that Hoya was trying so hard to resolve the Vess doc -> this would contribution to the hard work of House Espelindo, along with Angela's novels, Rayburn rumored might be gone. This merit belongs to Angela and Angela is sponsored by House Espelindo so, you know.
    Their relationship is alliance. But just on the paper, judging from the fact, like you said, Ludext is a massive empire while Vess is just a small country -> Ludext can capture Vess at any time. Plus, the secret passage in Vess was built solely to get backup from Ludext -> Vess military isn't that strong. So to strengthen the alliance, Garnet was sent to be engaged with crown prince. This is why Garnet was arrogant at the beginning when she saw Ferderick (who obviously contrasts very much with Rayburn), cuz she thought she could turn the tables.

It's useless tho. Chancellor kept her in check all the time, Ferderick has yet to marry her, also ignores her -> they're keeping her as a hostage (like you said). This is the reason why Chancellor isn't afraid if a war is to break out between them. Vess is well aware of this fact, Knox, as the crown prince, also knows this.

The 1st queen had ambition to open Ludext's territory for Rayburn so not just Vess but she was aspired to conquer other contries as well. I agree with you, alliance is the solution for now as Talan borders with Vess so Talan would have to fight with Vess first before they can touch Ludext. Chancellor purely wanted Ferderick to marry Garnet because of the scene she caused. She touched Rayburn's face in front of many eyes -> Chancellor feared she might go to House Espelindo -> Rayburn would have support from Vess to be the next king.

Ludext could survive on their own tho. They were at war and capture the north because of the 1st queen ambition (maybe Chancellor's as well). Now they're at war because of Talan. In chapter 46, they said that Talan was getting bigger -> they absorbed their neighboring countries -> only a matter of time before they absorb Vess and hit Ludext.
    Yep I agreed, he married Rayburn and Hoya's mother for power as House Espelindo is famous for wealth and reputation. He then married second empress from House Shwandell cuz Shwandell is famous for military strength to increase the empire influence. Not sure if he married her for love even tho he called her with nickname, but for the rest only zoosun-nim know haha

I don't think Rayburn was involved in the assassination. He questioned Angela before cuz the culprit wasn't caught -> nasty rumors were spread that target House Espelindo but he was too tired to fix it cuz honestly how could you fix a rumor without a culprit, right? Could be because the people mistook the 1st queen's expending territory ambition for fighting for the queen power.

It's possible. 2nd empress was a quiet and, I assume, a kind person -> the culprit in her murder would definitely be degraded but no culprit was caught -> rumors were spread targeting Rayburn -> the king had to dethrone Rayburn to please the Ludext's people. There might have been also pressure from the nobles as the Chancellor made a big deal about it and he has massive influence on the nobles (many families follow him).

This story also took place in the time of sexism where they think only the boys can be king. That's why even tho Hoya was born first, Rayburn was made the crown prince. In chapter 30, Hoya mentioned even her own mother thought she was a hindrance to Rayburn and she was to blame for all the bloodthirsty rumor cuz she was Rayburn's twin sister. Also the reason why only Hoya was poisoned since she was seen as not fit to be a crown princess/future king or even to be alive. He said "where you're standing was Rayburn's spot", basically just reminded her that she couldn't be a king :blobsob: only Rayburn could. Then he said "it doesn't matter now" because now the crown prince is Ferderick -> Hoya and Rayburn can't concern themselves with this matter anymore.

This could explain his smile -> Ferderick & Rayburn went to expedition voluntarily -> he might think that Rayburn is up for the throne game.

About the Ferderick's look, in some chapter before that, Rayburn was upset and told Ferderick, "if you had treated her better, this wouldn't happen", just like what the Chancellor usually told him. Him glaring at Rayburn could be seen as "I did it like you said, are you satisfied now?"

AND YES! Hoya was protecting Rayburn in chapter 40 and she was so cool, it was also cool when Rayburn pulled down his hood and declared his determination :blobmelt::blobnosebleed:

I don't hate Ferderick tho, I love him as a character. He liked Angela but he conflicted. He knew Rayburn also liked her -> he told himself that he was only using Angela so he wouldn't be attached to her. BUT Angela is the only one that truly care for him after 8 years of having no one. I mean if you lived 8 years of your life among the people who judged you and only got close to you for their own purposes then you suddenly have someone in your life that actually care, you would want to get close to that person too.

Ferderick is def protecting Rayburn as much as he could. But he's also under the influence of the Chancellor and conflicted. They don't talk so they don't know if they still care about each other. For now, just keeping each other alive would be enough.

Awelia, Martha., Lemew and 4 others like this.