Spoiler Please, Divorce Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jun 21, 2021.

1. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil whether the childhood friend (that women) of Kyle is good or not? how can she be ignorant and enjoy her time with a married man. I mean she should have told Kyle like man ur wife is pregnant , why are u here , go to her so on… can someone spoil how she behave after fl disappeared?

2. Otakuotaku

Otakuotaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think hari is evil but just a widow destroyed by the death of her beloved husband.
    I want to add another gem. Hari walked into Kyle's office after hearing about Aael's death, and started crying I think she felt guilty (you know people considered them lovers and thought Aael killed herself for it ... I'm not sure anyway) and at that moment Kyle realized he no longer had feelings for her. Had it been before her when he still loved her he would have dried her tears and comforted her but now he was just watching her cry. then she hari decided to leave (this scene happened just before she read aael's diary)

its0k, Scapezz, torte1315 and 14 others like this.
  3. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hari is a plot device, if we're looking from FL's pov, then Hari is "bad" because she didn't entirely reject ML's accompaniment since she got used to him since their childhood. On the other hand, Hari really loved her husband and she would look selfish if she rejected ML and blamed him for her husband's death. But I think ML should be the one held accountable, he yearned for an unattainable long-lost first love and pined for a married woman/widow. He got lost in that hopeless ideal until the reality slapped him in the face. FL is like those FL in classic harlequin novels, she agreed to endure everything, no one forced her to do it.

4. blueyoun

blueyoun New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi i wanna ask how was fl's life before? Someone said when she lives with her father, her life r misarable? Thank you

5. Le_Tired

Le_Tired Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my freakin god that effing manhwa
    Wow same. That is precisely why I cannot get behind "After the Ending I Chose the Male Lead" and I have no plans of reading it until it's completed b/c I just want to see the last 10 chapters and get on with my life.

I don't understand why I'm supposed to sympathize w/ the MC when she's the one who shot herself in the foot. She knew exactly what she was getting into when she picked ML, like the novel gave her a good idea of him as a person, but she's just so butthurt and surprised throughout the entire story like "why is he not over her??? why did he not choose me??? why doesn't he like me after everything I do for him???

Why do I have to feel bad for a girl that is forcing someone to like her? Would people feel sympathy if the she was a man pursuing a woman in that scenario? He may be rude and b*tchy to her, and the fireplace thing annoyed me (I get he h8s her but damn, not providing heat during the winter while she's staying in a stone castle) but he's really not that bad. He effectively let a sasaeng fan into his home and provided her with free food and lodging. Who would do that. I would've done worse if someone tried to stay in my place, castle or not. It's weird. She's basically an unwanted roommate that throws herself at him 24/7 and forces him to eat her food. It's great she's making him his favorite strawberry shortcake but just like him, I wouldn't have the appetite to eat something made by someone that forced their way into my home.

Frankly, I feel frustrated when people call the ML out for being "sh**ty", like what makes him sh**ty actually? Imagine someone you never met lands on your doorstep and wants to marry you despite you not knowing a single thing about them. They are persistent and decide to invade your house the next three months. Dude she's a friggin stalker. The only reason no one thinks that of her is b/c she has the image of a "harmless, mild mannered, innocent, young girl". He's not obligated to return her affection. She's just emotionally blackmailing him into liking her by doing "nice things" for him. Wtf. Dude just leave the ML alone. He may be emotionally stunted but everyone processes their feelings differently and he needs time to be able to think about his first love to properly move on with his life.

It rubs me the wrong way when people view harassment differently due to gender....
    She's a saseng fan, prove me wrong. I'm also not convinced the MC in After the Ending thinks of the ML as a "real person" and I often feel that b/c she is completely disregarding his boundaries that he's FIRM on, she's basically trivializing his feelings. Who would want that for a partner???? The ffff... Imagine letting that out at marriage counseling that your current partner stalked you until you accepted b/c you were worn down

I do actually feel bad for the MC in this novel for the miscarriage. I don't feel much about her suffering for 10 yrs (why stay for that long ???), she made her bed and laid in it when she went though with the contract marriage, but the trauma of losing a child is a separate issue imo. I think her circumstances were also bound by financial limitations as a woman, which sucks, but the part I disagree with is her expectation of ML to change and for him to eventually love her back. If this was a chinese novel, she would fall under the "spare tire" label they give to people who are second choice

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  6. millieeee

millieeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to say that, in fairness, those time period is just different and ...horrible. Between the 17th and 19th centuries, English men would rather sell their wives instead of getting divorces. Aristocats usually had loveless marriages out of their free will, the wives usually hoped that their husbands might eventually and slowly care for them or the children that those women bore. FL's family could sell her to an old rich dude, so I understand to some extent why FL would rather go along with a loveless marriage with ML. I should phrase it more correctly that ML wasn't that "horrible", he could divorce FL, gave her some fortunes, and sent her away after 5 years or so, but FL chose to not give up. Well after all FL was just an old fashion woman who lived in a problematic era, she's not an isekai FL. So with this type of novel, it's always "cool" to see FL want a divorce, judging by the standard of that time, she is kinda a brave hero. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Scapezz, torte1315, clraei and 6 others like this.
  8. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    After Ael escaped with Tarkan, Tarkan held a knife against her neck and threatened to kill her if Kyle didn't let them go, Kyle knew he would not kill Ael but was so shocked that Ael would chose to rather die than stay with him that he froze and the yeeted outta there. The planned kidnapping happened while Ael and Kyle visited Ael's house aka her father.
    Kyle wanted to do anything for Ael so that she won't think much about the child, he too was looking forward to the child and wondered how the baby would look and who would it take after but Ael misunderstood him and Hari and had a miscarriage.

Ael and Tarkan fled near a forest where they took shelter in an inn. Tarkan taught her to shoot arrows and gave her a bow. Kyle was eventually able to find them and said to Ael 'Ael come to me, you've had enough wandering' but Ael took her steps backward and in the scuffle between taking her home she shot an arrow which shocked both him and Kyle. Kyle almost lost his neck but luckily the arrow missed him by inches only scrapping his skin and hit a tree. Ael and Tarkan ran away while Kyle stood like a drenched puppy watching them.

Ael and Tarkan were caught by the illegal groups who were halogen dealers, a type of drug which was used by aristocrats and resulted in hallucinations. They managed to escape from there with a help of a man (who someone said might be Ael's long lost brother), even though they escaped, they fell down off a cliff which made Ael lost her memories. Tarkan proclaimed himself as his brother and they fled to a village.

Kyle has been looking for them ever since their escape, he managed to track down their last location but found a burned down inn (it caught fire when they escaped) he saw a dead body with similar body proportion as Ael and his shaking hand touched the body's cheek, he eventually noticed that it isn't Ael by that single touch. Though his aids believed the Duchess to be dead, Kyle didn't and kept on searching for her. (He also almost choked one knight who dared to say that she is dead and he should give up :blobcat_hyper:)

Though the illegal trade is found and they caught on the halogens which led them to know that Hari's condition is like that cause of it, they couldn't find neither Tarkan not Ael. It's been half a year and Kyle is searching for Ael Karena like a living dead person going in every direction even if a little evidence is found. Hari has come to her senses and regrets that she was in such a condition for so long that she couldn't stop the Duchess. One of the subordinate of Kyle asked he that why did she went their to which she replied it was unbearable for her to continue living, she resented louis for leaving her behind and wanted to punish him thus she did so, though she never really wanted to erase him, the subordinate asked if there is another forest like Qwerty would she go there to erase her memories again and Hari said 'No, cause forgetting is even more painful'.

Kyle always look and care tenderly for the flowerbed which Ael had sown. Especially the sunflower, which Ael said their child loves. Hari's flowerbed has been long forgotten, when Ael was there, he even said that she could remove them and put other flowers of her liking but she didn't. Kyle was grieving near her flowers when a knight came in with a hint that few dead bodies are found in a specific location.

RubySBS, its0k, Pipi1989 and 33 others like this.
  9. Otakuotaku

Otakuotaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILER
    (When Kyle finds Ael the previous spoilers are very accurate I just add a few details).
    Kyle was thinking about suicide before he found Ael but stopped because he was scared that if he died, Ael's existence would not be remembered (like he's dead and no one else would care if a person named Ael was existed). So he decided to live in a way that Ael would remember. While he was thinking about Ael, he realized that he didn't have many memories related to her, and he starts poking around again.
    However Kyle is in very poor health, his assistant has called several doctors over time to improve him. But he hasn't given much results as he himself has been hurting himself. Then we move on to Kyle's finding Ael (this scene was very well explained in the posts above, see that one). Ael knows that Takan isn't his biological brother, but she finds that lifestyle comfortable. (So she doesn't ask too many questions) Together they've been constantly moving around probably not to be found. When Kyle found Ael he panged like a baby and Ael started crying too not knowing why, but he assumed it was someone from his past. Ael asked Kyle what kind of relationship they had, but from his reaction to understanding they weren't on good terms. Then Kyle started following Ael around the village like a beaten dog, and the villagers gardened them because Ael used to go around only with "her brother". (I skipped chapters, until Ael recovered the memory around chapter 95 even earlier but I started from there) something happened and Ael got hurt but Kyle was not present because he went to the capital to spread the word that the Duchess is alive. When Kyle arrived he apologized and felt guilty to Ael for not being with her (I don't know how he knows that Ael has recovered her memory or I don't remember ). When she saw it she thought that surely she wouldn't have any feelings for Kyle anymore, because she didn't want to be a replacement for Hari (Ael knows that Kyle has feelings for her and doesn't think they are fake but she can't trust Kyle) . The bosses where Ael works as a seamstress apologized and got down on her knees because she was probably hurt because of them and by now they knew she was the Duchess, when Ael saw them beg and blame themselves for not punishing their own. partner (husband says his fault, instead wife says his fault) thinks "this is how husband and wife must be" support each other what she and Kyle have never been.
    She then she goes to rest in the guest room. She where she start talking and she tells Kyle that she has to think about what she will do from now on (when Takan came back she would have reasoned with him)

10. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. Can you please tell me what was Kyle’s reaction when he saw Takan again? I would love to read see Kyle’s and Takan’s interactions when they see each other again.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    MLisMyHubby and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  11. sakuraii

sakuraii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ael and Kyle got divorce 'cause Ael said she want to live for herself. They met again after a year at her hut.

its0k, Scapezz, meyuh and 39 others like this.
  12. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are the side stories already being released?

13. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    extremely happy with this ending.
    I’m guessing there’s still a chance for them to get back together again in the side stories, which I surprisingly don’t mind b/c during that period of separation MC will have taken the time to develop herself as her own person, build up her self-esteem, and learn how to make decisions that prioritizes herself. The time away would probably be beneficial for Kyle as well unless he decides to torture himself physically again…

14. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this one has an unexpected ending. But funny how I really like the ending. All this time she lived for others, now she has the chance to live more for herself.

As for the side stories, I don't mind if they are together again. After the seperation, I'm pretty sure she will have major character growth, collecting the missing pieces of herself and doing the things she couldn't before. Same goes to him. I hope after their seperation, they will think through the past mistakes they made and grow into a more mature character, where they can love each other healthily, communicate better, and understand each other well.

Scapezz, torte1315, Elisee and 6 others like this.
  15. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Phew :blobsweat: this will be the first novel with divorce title that really had a divorce at the end :blob_grin:.
    I hope in the side story she make herself stronger and independent, the.with such development I won’t care whether they get back or not :blobsalute::blobsalute:

meyuh, torte1315, Elisee and 11 others like this.
  16. ArguingApples

ArguingApples Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, so is this an open ending? It's up to us to imagine what happened to them??

Man, I hope they move on. Ael just wants some peace and Kyle should just move on with his own life

17. sakuraii

sakuraii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think so... i haven't check on it again...

i think there'll be side stories. the last dialogue in the story is
    actually when Kyle cut some woods for her in secret near her hut after she sent him a letter a year after they divorce. Kyle told her it's his turn to wait for her forever before she go.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE XD... but i really pity Kyle to... he cried the minute Ael signed their divorce paper... He's just too slow to feel anything and couldn't express his true feeling because of the trauma his parents gave him when he was a child. and he feel that when he started to love someone or something they will just disappear from him. his attitude started from his parents i think.
    they killed/hang themselves in front of Kyle when he was a kid. They also taught him to be a perfect leader by staying cold and look heartless

Another bit... ^^

actually, Hari hugged Kyle because she think he's her spouse Louis(?) that passed away at the war to protect Kyle after she went back from the Quetrei(?) forest. So basically even though he always come to Hari, he felt guilt more than love for her after some time. he felt that he's responsible for Louis death but don't even try to explain it to Ael. such a d***. When Hari finally come to her sense, Ael had already run away with Takan and said something like "I love you (Kyle) before when our family talks about engagement but you're always so cold. I fall for Louis after". That's when he realized that he should've express his feelings more to Ael.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    its0k, Scapezz, torte1315 and 24 others like this.
  18. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there a reason why Kyle's parents decided to do that?

MLisMyHubby likes this.
  19. sakuraii

sakuraii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uh.... i totally forgot.... sorry i just remembered some important scenes except that one. i only remembered there is a sentence that the dukedom were completely improved after Kyle became the duke(?). I believe he didn't know why that's why he got more taumatized because they just gone with the worst way possible. and at the end kyle told Ael about what his parents did to him. they (his parents) did it at the duke library, the place where Takan hid his letter. That's why it's always locked.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    its0k, torte1315, Elisee and 6 others like this.
  20. Le_Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh I want to read the raws but I’m having trouble w/ using Ridibooks smh. Were you able to find a way to extract the file and convert it into epub? The software that was supposed to do that for Mac is not compatible w/ Mac anymore after latest software updates. So I have a novel sitting in the queue that I don’t know how to read….

I want to give hari the benefit of the doubt but I can’t help but feel annoyed about her presence? I don’t know the full context of how she interacts w/ Kyle but from what I gather she was out of her mind which was why she let Kyle accompany her during the period of time after the funeral b/c she mistook him as her late husband and he never told her he was married. So a few questions:

1) How long did Hari emotionally rely on Kyle? When did that period of time overlap w/ the beginning of his marriage to Ael?

2) what was the motivation behind her belatedly telling Kyle she loved him?
    Did she say that after finding out Kyle had a runaway wife?
    Was the purpose of saying that to spur Kyle into action and catch up to Ael before it’s too late and the opportunity passes?
    it just seemed unnecessary unless it was to motivate Kyle to fix his broken marriage

3) there was also a spoiler about how she cried in kyle’s office after Ael ran away and he felt nothing seeing her cry. When did that happen - as in between what specific events and how much time had passed since Ael left Kyle? Did she continue to keep contact w/ Kyle after he separated from Ael?

It just seems like Hari has no concept of boundaries… she can’t really be blamed for the most part b/c it was ultimately Kyle that did not tell her he was married and can’t be her emotional support pet for her anymore. But I’m also like???