Discussion Would you entrust yourself of something important?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 202210, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's say that you got something really valuable right now. It could be a large amount of money, a treasure, or anything similar that can be spent or be diminished when used. But then you have to entrust it to someone else for the meantime, but you have to make them promise that they won't touch or do anything with it until you are back.

If you could go back to the past, would you entrust it to yourself? If not, why? and who would you entrust it to?

I would entrust it to myself. Well, i don't know if anyone would believe me but I never got thirsty for something that is not mine. I don't like using something that is not mine, whatever may it be, just as I don't want others to touch my possessions (something that I worked hard for). if i ever saw a briefcase full of money with no name on it or any detail about the owner, I would either report in to the authority or just look for the owner myself.

2. Kirikaize

Kirikaize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have to say the same, I might go through a lot of scenarios but I wouldn't act upon it. So I'd entrust it to myself. I also have a hard time believing others with things of value. If it's worthless fine, but if it's worth something to me I don't want to test it.

3. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I would trust myself just because of the kind of person I am. I know myself that when others trust me, I try and be worthy of that trust. So unless it's my best friend (In which case I'd maybe give it to him), I would indeed keep it safe myself.

If it was ownerless and I just came across it though? Then that's mine. Finders keepers, Trusters Winners.

Deleted member 202210 likes this.
  4. That One Average Fellow

That One Average Fellow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't want to burden my past self and would just keep the valuable to my present self or to someone I know that could make better use of it, to my benefit, someone who won't betray me or I don't mind being betrayed with. No poll?

5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Certainly if I could entrust it to myself, I would. Does depend on how far back in the past we're talking though since past me could use it more than current me. Also I'm not sure what specifically will happen if past me uses it, since I'd honestly be okay with past me breaking the promise not to use it if the only drawback is that I already used it in the past. I'd certainly prefer my past self rather than anyone else though.

6. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason, I dislike using polls. I don't know why it makes me uncomfortable.

7. Laling

Laling Rest Easy, King

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't entrust it to myself, I'd rather choose someone I trust. Even if I did, I'd wager that past me would just find someone else to pawn it off to since I know how allergic I was to responsibility back then.

8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Err, I am a selfish person, so if I am to entrust it to my past self, I am terrified that he might stab me for it.

For the record, I see only my present self as my true self because I know me. I don't care about my future self and my past self is dead already even as I type.

I don't know how my past and future self might think, so no. I don't trust them.

9. meliori

meliori [in a dark tunnel seeing light from afar]

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I trust that I wouldn't touch it but I'm not up for the responsibility. I'd be worrying every second if something would happen to it

10. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd entrust it to myself too. Knowing that keeping all this money would help my future self would make me super happy, y'know. I'd definitely be trustworthy!

11. Deleted member 202210

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah. I am surprised by the number of responses I got from this random topic. Thank you all. :)

Baldingere likes this.
  12. Happyman0512

Happyman0512 THE HEAVENLY LAZY GOD , LAZI-GHTENED SLACKER

Reading List:
    Link
    since i could travel to my past i would like to think i could travel to the fututre
    so i would go to the future to see a time where i would be struggling without money and give it to him and say "hey dumbass, didn't you brag about being financially stable when you grow up , look at you now :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:, but anyway take this it'll help you out a lot:blobpopcorn_cool:"

13. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    When in hostel I was dumped anything valuable and questionable things by roommates.

For the simple reason I didn't really use my wardrobe that much so free space got turned into vault XD

But yeah I have a innate repulsion or a strong belief not to use or take advantage of others stuff.....idk guess I'm just a goody two shoes in that regard.

14. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I would give it to myself if my mom can't keep it for me. Because if she can, what a waste of time machine to give it to myself. If it's food, I wouldn't trust myself to keep it.

15. superdelicate

superdelicate cat facing down

Reading List:
    Link
    No! I definitely won't trust my past self. If another person asked me to watch something I definitely will watch it and won't take it for myself. But this is something from my future self, it is technically my item... so I'm afraid my past self will use it with the logic that it will still benefit the future me.

16. phoebedawson

phoebedawson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never, I can not trust myself.

17. ixuna

ixuna Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no because its hard