Recommendations Novels that made you cry nonstop

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by DameSkyler, Oct 22, 2021.

1. DameSkyler

DameSkyler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can be Yaoi/yuri/het.

What are some of the novels that made you actually cry? I’m not talking about ones that moved your heart a little, or squeezed some tears out of you, I’m talking about the ones that haunt you devastatingly so, that even if it’s been a while since you’ve last read it, you’ll always remember that one title for its tragedy and BE.

Mine is Shattered Glass for so many reasons. It’s the one novel that took me a day to recover from actual swollen eyes, and the BE is so perfect it couldn’t have ended at any other way. (Basically, MC loves ML childishly so, but he throws her in prison. Two years later, she comes out a shadow of her former self and it all heads downwards from there… for ML.)

2. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    novels from this author i literally bawled for some chapters and still get teary eyed when i remember some scenes. her wife chasing crematorium novels are the best (imo) love it when the guy cant chase back and feel complicated when they end up together. also love it when the fls faceslap the ml/exhubby/exbf with the truth that she doesnt love him anymore it's satisfying for me especially when the guy felt hurt and also guilty because of how he treat the fl before.

3. If My Son Is Gay Ima Ship

If My Son Is Gay Ima Ship Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the dogblood and gong abuse in both Strategy to Capture that Scum Gong and Scum Shou Survival Guide.. the way the MC's portrait or acted out the Characters made me cry.. btw, both novels came from the same author~ ALSO DON'T PICK UP BOYFRIENDS FROM THE TRASH CAN!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  4. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Invisible Dragon

Either you are crying due to laughing too much or you are crying because its so bad...

MerryMune likes this.
  5. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    One night, one day, one year, one lifetime.

gucchi likes this.
  7. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh i know this author... I really enjoy her writing... Great taste *chefs kiss*

aienmoon likes this.
  8. eredffe

eredffe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didnt really cry but i got emotional in the scenes where cale talks about earth 1 and his life to LSH. also the interactions between KRS,CJS and LSH. the others would be when cale told raon " i am someone who cant forget" and "dont make the same decisions as me". also the backstory of half blood dragon. so TCF is the novel that made me the most emotional. another one would be SCSG. rather than sad i was excited lol

PS: i am looking forward to cale stabbing himself.:blobpopcorn_cool:

9. DameSkyler

Reading List:
    Link
    which title do you recommend most? I’ll be using MTL for this, can’t wait to jump in.

aienmoon likes this.
  10. MerryMune

MerryMune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I don't like tragedy because I'm weak-hearted. But I guess https://www.novelupdates.com/series/he-doesnt-know-im-dead/ is the first tragedy I've read and took a long time to move on. It's short so it's good for weak hearted like me but the content is tragic (for the mc) so I it's ok/good for the strong willed.

11. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    my faves are:
    a sweet wife cant escape already translated (historical)
    After being robbed of marriage by the prince (historical) i think this is an alternate reality of wife cant escape, the ml here is the son of WCE fl and ml but with different background
    I am the Xiao Qingmei in the heroine of heaven ( modern)
    most fave in modern coz the wife chasing crematorium failed fl ended up with another guy
    Stay in my arms obediently (modern) main story is good but i like the side characters story better because of how dogblooded and heart wrenching it is (at least for me:p)
    The King's Woman didnt really like the ending that much but i like fl's faceslapping scene with ml :blobokhand: something to note though because i think someone else may not like this
    fl will give birth to someone else child not the ml's, she'll love that guy but ml will kill him in front of her

on these novels, there are so many things to hate on the ml but their psychology, background and situation was written so well (imo) that you cant really blame them 100% which i love. though that didnt stop me to dislike most of them :blobsweat:. anyways their regrets are what satisfied me the most!:blobcheeky:

happy reading! hope you'll like my recommendations. :blobxd:

12. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i rarely cried but Childish Flower really hurts me

13. Setsuna_

Setsuna_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Instantly thought of One Night, One Day, One Year, One Lifetime but since it was already mentioned... second on my list is definitely Unrepentant

These don't have a BE buuuut, still worth all the tears shed T_T
    Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang
    The Blue Whisper

All of them are completed btww, enjoy :)

14. DameSkyler

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve just finished reading this - I was fuming with rage at the ML, but their first life was the kind of tragedy and BE I was looking for. So glad he suffered, and the ending of the novel was satisfying considering how yandere and tunnel visioned he was regarding FL.

aienmoon likes this.
  15. aienmoon

Reading List:
    Link
    i think you'll also like their son's story then! first life is also tragic and unfortunately xiao baozi inherited his dad's yandere-ish possesive mentality. author seems to like mls with mental issues and make them hateful so when it's the fl's turn to faceslap and make them regret/suffer it's so satisfying and i looove it! i support the fls not loving them back and would be much better if they end up with a different guy.