Discussion (poll) Have any of you feel muscle memory kick in?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Oct 22, 2021.

?

Did you ever felt it?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe?

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    In the last three days, I learn to sewing with a machine, It was kinda hard on the pedal part. press forward to go and back for brake, anyway the machine I use got a problem the clutch is slipping and the spring is too hard, so the pedal is inconsistent pressing too much it goes too fast while not enough press the clutch is slip.

So using that machine is demands too much concentration, but suddenly it feels like something just click and I have no more problem with the pedal. it's just suddenly I was able to stop and go whatever I want be even I able to adjust the speed of the machine with little effort.

Anyway, have you ever felt something like that?

Alexcia likes this.
  2. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been ages I've touched my keyboard but my hands still easily fall into the right place...guess muscle memory lasts very long

3. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in an apartment with another family, and all the light switches are the protruding ones that you can flick up and down.

The problem for me was that I went back to visit my family home last thanksgiving (Canadian gang rise up), and all the light switches we have at home are ones where you have to push in the top or bottom part.

I was so confused when I tried to flick the light on and there was nothing there.

4. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both martial arts and driving a manual car come straight to mind here ;)

5. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't ride a bicycle for years but once I try to ride one, I somehow can ride it easily

Saorihirai likes this.
  6. That One Average Fellow

That One Average Fellow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still know how to use a pen despite not using it for months. Though when I was in elementary school I remember my penmanship became very sloppy/wobbly when I came back to school after summer vacation.

7. Laling

Laling Rest Easy, King

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I let my mind wander off while walking around the house in a daze, I always find myself going to the kitchen and grabbing a plate. So uhh yes

Nightow1 likes this.
  8. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Like with typing, maybe? Some words just pop out because I'm so used to typing them...

9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucky you. My muscle memory is to take a knee and orientate towards any sudden loud noises. And I still retain a habit of tilting a rifle to check if the bolt is seated right every time I cock it (comes from the tendency of the old M-16 to only chamber halfway if you didn't pull the charging handle back far enough for the spring to slam it close all the way).

Al least people don't look at you funny when you use a sewing machine. They do when you dive for cover.

girisuherman likes this.
  10. NorthBladeTL

NorthBladeTL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Computer keyboard and piano keyboard. Especially the piano, I suck at it so I practice until I can play purely by muscle memory.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this cat use manual transmission motorbike so sometimes when ride automatic transmission this cat move feet(there nothing) and hand (which actually turn on brake) lol~

12. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I forget the password to an account but somehow my fingers remember :blobReach:

13. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    long time ago. Someone tried to jump scare me and I punch the person, hard.

14. Alexcia

Alexcia Belle of Banter

Reading List:
    Link
    many times esp with things i did best in, riding bicycle after years of not doing it, riding motorcycle after months of not doing it, even when i traslate novels, it's particularly made me able to adapt quickly without any trouble and same with socialization lol idk if this is count in too but i realized that i still am able to socialize with ppl after months of shutting in alone with my novels lol