LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what's the plan if they're fighting the gold gleam squads and a vibrant vibrance squad shows up and decides to take them out? They're perceived as the weakest team already, and they'll be completely distracted by the gold gleam teams, as well as having their team divided. They'll basically be begging someone to stab them in the backs.

Also, how is he planning to take first if he's helping others to get points instead of focusing on getting his own?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "What are we supposed to do when demons like you appear? Find a silver platter and lie down on it?” lol. Yes. ;)

They just threw away a fantastic opportunity to ambush him smh.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't the recruited gold gleam team have gotten more points by hunting normally rather than waiting around for Li Luo's team to help them take out two gold gleams whose points they'd then have to share?

4. eylos

eylos Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think not, all the author novels ended with the protagonist having 2 wifes, but the last 2 novels starting with great ruler and the most recent one yuan zun, both novels only had 1 wife.
    so the author recent trend is to be monogamic

terraheart likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this is a points based battle, I wonder if they'll even have to fight the Wind Riders in order to take first place.

Also curious if the Wind Riders will take first place and then sell/give him the 12 steps. Its incredibly unlikely, but it would still make for a small twist.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like a waste to face them head on when he's got a gifted illusionist on his side.

"It doesn't matter. If you hurt me, my sister will beat you black and blue." lol.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How slow is this sonic attack that Li Luo and Xin Fu can have a conversation about it before it hits?

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "they answered with their best resonance arts." Wouldn't it have been more effective to split up and flank him? They should be able to dodge the slashes, and if he's slashing at one of them, then the other can stab him in the back.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that 5300 each, or 5300 split three ways? If the former, then he just got the 12 Step Weave and the Royal Sap within a month of arriving at school. That hardly even feels like an obstacle at that point. If its the latter, then it should still mean that he'll have the Royal Sap within three months at the outside, and that's assuming that his fiance (who definitely earned far more than him and started with at least 3k) doesn't just buy it for him.

"I wonder if mentor Shen Jinxiao will agree to this childish request of us students?" rofl XD

"Let me speak to vice principal Su Xin and get back to you." Did anyone else half-expect the vice principle to step out and give her approval? ;)

"Call Yu Lang, Zhao Kuo, and the others... I'll treat them to a champion leader's dinner. Tell them not to miss it." I have a strong feeling that that's not quite the message she'll be delivering to them...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, if there's no protection for the Houses that the dukes leave behind, then why wouldn't they just grab their families and run? Sure, the odds of survival would be low, but they'd still be hundreds of times higher for their kids. Shouldn't the local powers be defending their Houses like they were there own if only so that others will be willing to go to the battlefield? After all, run or die, that's one less duke to go and die on the battlefield in their place, and one step closer to being sent themselves.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like he's underestimating the power of the sap. There's a good chance that the chef didn't say how much he needed because he only needed the one drop and knew Li Luo wouldn't be able to get more.

That aside, I wonder how many sixth grade resonances he could trade a single drop of sap for. The sap is rare enough that a ninth grade crafter might be willing to slum it a bit and mass produce the things in exchange for one of those drops. Not this drop obviously, but the ranking battles are monthly, and not the only source of points.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why no mention of the new recipes from his teammate? Or was she not going to give them to him until after she's healed?

Speaking of healing, I wonder if the royal family will step in on Li Luo's house's behalf after he heals the emperor. There's quite a lot they can do for him without much effort or expense.

Also curious how merging his resonances will affect his watersource, and if those effects will start to show up in his next batch.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Was General the stage after Pattern Genesis? If so, then it should be several months at least before his stunted cultivation even matters. If its the stage after that, then he has years. Either way, as long as he keeps placing in the top five of the ranking battles, and does well in that cave they keep talking about, it shouldn't be hard for him to get enough points in time, especially if his fiance is helping him. And that's assuming that Bai Mengmeng and First Princess won't also help him out of gratitude for his healing services.

14. terraheart

terraheart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. He has to fix taste before she gives him the recipes, at least that was the deal

2. It's probably a while away as his cultivation is too low. Same as 1., he won't get anything until he's cured the emperor.

3. Don't think it's been stated that his resonances will merge (but that is a possibility). We know he has three palaces and that won't change til he gets to Duke. At Duke does he gain another palace, maybe 3, maybe 0, maybe even merge? The literal translation of novel is King of 10,000 resonances so it could hint towards merge or he gets 10,000 palaces or something else entirely.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it was stated that they'd be merged when his mentor was explaining dual resonances and his training in them. Though, this merger might not be the resonances themselves so much as the power they generate.

16. terraheart

Reading List:
    Link
    That's merging of skills not the actual palaces. If you meant the former then I don't think it matters as the merger isn't permanent.

If you meant the palaces merge, I don't think that's the case because they say Duke's have 2 palaces (one for each resonance) and King's have 3 implying the palaces stay separate, at least at these low levels.

17. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 10 000 doesn't mean he'll actually get 10k of them, just that he'll get control of the standard xianxia elemental wheel plus maybe ying and yang because xianxia novels have a hardon for the tao.

18. terraheart

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he'll control all the resonances and there may be 10,000 of them. I mention 10,000 palaces hypothetically but think he'll have access to 10,000 resonances in some form.

In other xuanhuan/ xianxia, I've seen quite a few times for MC's to get access to all 3000 Great Daos or 108,000 daos but the authors never mention them all/ have the character utilise them. It's just standard Chinese exaggeration of numbers in these novels.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that would explain why their enemies are trying so hard to weaken the House. Though, I have to wonder how this enemy knew about the formation, its function, and its power source. Did those two tell whoever it is due to misplaced trust or something?
    It would matter for the watersource. The palaces shouldn't need to merge for him to be able to produce a merged watersource with all of his resonances in it.

20. terraheart

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we're on two different wavelengths :p.

From what I understand, the resonances are waterlight and woodearth. He "merges" the two together when unleashing skills. The actual palaces stay separate so the root of the resonances are separate. So waterlight is always waterlight, it doesn't permanently merge with woodearth which would imply the palaces merging which is why I queried your exact meaning.

I think what you're saying is he might be able to produce a new waterlight/ woodearth watersource? Maybe but I always thought watersources must be water or light by definition so adding in woodearth might be detrimental.