Discussion The hell's wrong with them ???!!!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Zinchimon, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Zinchimon

Zinchimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why the authors nowadays like to use so many RAPE troupe??!! Like the heck! Rape is a serious crime and the authors use it as a light write (what was this called??) Like seriously it's like "seme raped the uke and then something happened and viola! Uke fell in love with the seme!" I mean seriously why would someone love the person who raped them??? There might be some cases where love may bloom and I am fine with that but only if it was justified why!....but to my disdain.... Nowadays there are lots of rape troupe going on around.... Without being justified why... It's like "oh a new trend is going on so why don't I write about it aswell" seriously!!!

If it was once or thrice I would have ignored it BUT now no matter what I read there's a 'Rape' scene included.... Dub-con is also considered a type rape.... And then there's one more problem... The tags are missing...like if a novel had a tag including" Rape or dub-con or something" it's easy to ignore it but!BUT!!!! no the tags are also missing and I didn't know that novel had rape scene included, I could sometimes skip the chapter the rape is happening and it will be alright aswell but no! There's no warning or anything else!!! SIGH!!!!!!~~ Hope that this will not happen that much in future...

NOW I CONCLUDE MY RANT!!

2. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk what you're on, but the rape trope has always been around.

Maybe read the reviews carefully before you pick up a novel next time? A lot of times someone will mention it.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  3. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rape troupe?
    A group that goes around raping people? :blobfearful:

Mors86, TamaSaga and applebeans like this.
  4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nowadays? It's been around for centuries!

5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone: just check the tags...

TamaSaga and Nightow1 like this.
  6. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you reading anyway? I have a guess that it's mostly CN with marital arts genre

7. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    otherwise it won't happen?

it is related with the stockholm syndrome.

Nightow1 likes this.
  8. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe he meant "trope". Many people mistake both terms, causing weird misunderstandings like this one.

I would say that the prevalence of the trope, particularly in chinese literature and certain subsets of japanese literature stem from a cultural misunderstanding of the act, a simplistic outlook stained by the cultural perception of men and women. Also, the "it's the woman's fault" mentality is more prevalent there.

I sincerely have no idea what's the stance in China (other than "human trafficking of females is illegal, but we won't crack down on it too much"), but in Japan it only constitutes a crime if there's vaginal insertion with explicit resistance by the female (so anything other than the vagina or, alternatively, assault on a unconscious or blackmailed woman are fair game), although since recently they have the crime of "peeping/groping" and also have become quite paranoid (different men have become the most wanted in recent years just by coincidentally sharing the general vicinity of young girls), the last of which doesn't help.

9. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I know:blobjoy:, was making a joke on the funny usage of the wrong word

TamaSaga likes this.
  10. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember there were stories about when you got on board the incredibly congested japanese trains in the 80s, the social norm is to hold the overhead railings with both hands so that you don't get accused of groping. Or at least do something that needs 2 hands like reading a book to show that your hands were not wandering where they shouldn't be.

Elementarteilchen likes this.
  11. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    There are no terms as Uke and seme in the true martial arts genre, this is either about BL or reverse harem or some other related genre stuff XD

12. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    I had noticed it. I was just venting because every time I read someone spelling it like that is one time too many for me.
    Yeah, that's also the reason there have been "woman-only cars" on trains for a while now.

13. ShyHeaux

ShyHeaux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading alot of BL that has rape as the main way that advances the romance because I feel like it's played out honestly. Give the ML some kind of redeeming quality, something other than him being psychotic.

14. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    U read chinese cultivation too much

15. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's in every genre of Chinese stories but especially prevalent in romance, bl, and cultivation novels. most of the time people are nice and add the tag but sometimes they don't bother and it comes as a surprise. I assume it has something to due with Chinese culture that I don't understand and skip over them when i find them.

16. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nowadays there are women only cars on trains in japan.

17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We are the minority.
    There are a lot because it's popular.

18. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only have problem with it if it doesn’t get ‘better’ and the readers are excusing it as best love story ever

And doesn’t tag “r/ape victim becomes lover” and “r/ape”

Unfortunately, Yaoi was essentially birthed by the R@pe trope. Some ppl believe the only way two men could start being together is if they had a battle of dominance and one was brought to submission.

Tag is by user btw, not automatic. You gotta add them yourself if you see untagged novels

Speaking of, is there dubcon noncon tag in NU?

19. potato413

potato413 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its just a novel trope thing. Its starting to get normalized for some reason. Maybe the more it annoys you the more it catches your attention and the more publicity thr novel gets. Other novel has to do it too then or they dont attract any readers.

Like murder is a serious crime too but nobody blinks an eye at murder happening in stories anymore.

20. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc that term is offensive, the PC term is refugee.