If you see a ghost.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by borer, Oct 24, 2021.

?

If you see a ghost..

1. I'll be happy!

2. I'll run and scream like in movies and such!

3. I'll say : hello!

4. It depends of the circumstances.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. borer

borer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,
    Often in movies, novels, animes, etc. characters are scared or start to scream/run away when they see 'ghosts'.
    So i'm curious about your thoughts on 'ghosts'. In my case if i see a ghost i think i'll be happy because it will prove that 'death' isn't the end or that it will prove supernatural phenomenon are real.
    Of course if the ghosts are bloodied or have eyes gouged out, or have intestines spilled out and want to kill you.. then it will be scary haha but still i don't think it will prevent a part of me being happy to see that they exist. And you? What about you guys?

Mr. Tired likes this.
  2. Man of the shadows

Man of the shadows New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nothing really. Just pretend I didn't see them. If they are hostile, I'll try to get out, otherwise, just leave them be.

borer and Resplendor like this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I trust the hentai doujins with my life.

Either that or the ghost can pilot my body and scream for itself.

Or kill me, that works too.

borer likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be scared, I guess.

borer likes this.
  5. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    pray for my dear life in my heart

borer likes this.
  6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll get scared, but then if it is harmless and is just livin' it out ...after a while I'd calm down and think if I can talk to him/her.

Well it could go horribly wrong or I might end up with a ghost friend ...

borer likes this.
  7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clean my glasses. They must have been smudged if I see blurry silhouettes and strange apparitions through their lenses.

Tech is life and borer like this.
  8. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends I guess. But everyone knows ghost is not a good thing. They are embodiment of resentment and deep regrets. And if there are ghost like what the upstairs said, there would be other entities lurking around in the dark.

This is like, people asking, "if you meet a yandere in reality, would you be happy or something"...hahaha

borer likes this.
  9. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably act like Mieruko chan :blobpeek:

borer likes this.
  10. meliori

meliori [in a dark tunnel seeing light from afar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of ghosts as accumulations of memory that the dead person left.

On instances where "I thought" I see or hear a ghost, I run, so that's it

borer likes this.
  11. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    My one ghostly encounter to date, I was at first just disgruntled. I thought it was my little sister sleep walking, as she was wont to do at that time. It wasn't until I returned to our shared bedroom after getting a glass of water that I saw she was still in her bed and couldn't have been the little girl I saw in the living room. I had seen "her" on my way back from the kitchen and there was no way she could have made it back to the room before me. When I realized that, I got a bit disturbed. Not scared, more concerned and curious.
    When I creeped back downstairs, no one was there so I just went back to bed and to sleep.

borer likes this.
  12. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't be happy since if I am already willing to believe it through just people telling me so, I don't need a firsthand experience

meliori and borer like this.
  13. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what kind of ghost it is, what it wants and how it acts, if it is the kind that is like the ghosts from "Corpse Party" for example, then yeah you must run and escape without hesitation if you can, if it is some other kind of friendly ghost like the one from "Tasogare otome" then you can converse with it if you want XD
    But meeting a ghost doesn't necessarily prove anything, for example, if someone plays a trick on you and you don't know about it, that doesn't prove ghosts are real

As for this
    Yeah I guess that is your choice, but to me, death isn't the end, it never was, death is simply the end for whatever stuff you made before it came, the end for your wealth, the end for your relationships, the end for whatever power you spend your life making and the end for all the fun you had, basically and generally, death makes your life useless and meaningless to you, at least, non religiously speaking, so if you are talking about it from that perspective then yes it is the end, as that stuff is what defines life from a non religious point of view, if you are going to talk about whatever good deeds you did or you being a good person or how many people you helped then that doesn't matter and it really was something superfluous in your "existence", it only matters if you include a religious side to life which include a continuation after death, but here is what is funny, lots of people believe that death is the end, but also believe in being good to others, believe in the importance of humans and beings to some degree and morality but the thing is, why? there is no reason why should people believe in such stuff, I know there are emotional and philosophical speeches about it but that doesn't answer the question why? in fact, why would people go to such lengths as to spend time and thought to attach such importance to things that doesn't benefit them? even from a survival point of view, that doesn't make sense, if anything, from a survival point of view, it is simple "the strong eats the weak" so if anything and taking that into consideration, not all lives matter, in fact, only those that can maintain their lives are those that matter, yet there are those who spend time and effort to "fight" for the right and the lives of others, meaning that there is something else into play here, something that adds importance to such "superfluous" things and only religion give importance to such thing and by inference, I can confidently say that death isn't the end XD

meliori and borer like this.
  14. Zazaisme

Zazaisme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe they won't disturb me as long as I dont disturb them... I hope they won't be so free to prank living human

borer likes this.
  15. Lacey_Avocato

Lacey_Avocato New Member

Reading List:
    Link

but no in seriousness I would just ignore them if they don't bother me.

borer and Mr. Tired like this.
  16. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I would treat them fairly under most circumstances; I'd treat them like the spider in my room.
    If they stay out of my space and leave me alone, we'll be fine. :]

borer likes this.
  17. borer

borer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i'm speaking about the case if the ghost is really real and not a prank. About the death stuff this is obviously just my opinion. I know that everyone don't think the same thing and don't have the same definition of death. If i offended anyone with what i said i apologize. x)

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  18. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    No, don't worry about it, it is alright, people got their own view to the world, life and death and all that stuff that can't be proved or rather properly, defined by the current science, if anything, some definitions make more sense than others, some more scary than others and some are just mere speculations without basis yet people like to believe in such losing gambles, but then again, who am I to judge? to each their brains, to each their lives and deaths and such, if they want to gamble on baseless guesses then let them do so; you don't need to worry about offending anyone when it comes to such topics XD

borer likes this.
  19. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard ghost doesn't like lewd stuff.
    So if they appeared on front of me I'll start m*sturbate so that they go away.

Even if it doesn't work, they will probably feel awkward and perplexed then give up on scaring me.

borer likes this.
  20. phoebedawson

phoebedawson New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope it never happens

borer likes this.