Recommendations Nice guy in a cultivation novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lithit, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lithit

Lithit Desu~'s Little Griffin

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, I was expecting a lot less responses (nice guys don't exist in cultivation novels after all)

Thx for the recommendations, I'll continue on my journey to find the elusive 'Nice guy protagonist of a cultivation novel

Bonus points if you recommended the penultimate nice guy that is Song Shuang.

Sneaky devils, the lot of you!
    :blobfearful:

2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  3. pomoli

pomoli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see why it's optimal survival wise to be a complete asshole in cultivation stories, or even mandatory as a setting... and it's not, because 90% they all react like hormonal teens you gave god mod, not balanced adults and even less wise old adults able to think further than the next slap because "my face".
    Anyway, I recommend Ze Tian Ji -> MC is a breath of fresh air: calm, collected, wise on his situation and life. In fact all characters are better than the cardboard like ones we see in these WN. Even "enemies" behave rationally, using their head to leverage their power.

4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no nice guy in cultivation novel because they're bunch of murderous sociopath who will rob people treasure and money from their corpse, that nice guy use that treasure and money to get stronger then start robbing and killing other people for more treasure until they become true immortal, even a kid would do that thing. To get stronger people need to kill other people, that's the way of cultivation world

5. asiandude25

asiandude25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. EvilDevil

EvilDevil Guardian Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    He used to drink milk until he's a lot older.....bad ppl don't drink milk~

7. c003

c003 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not know if they are good people but certainly not psychopaths like the majority
    the dao of magic
    A Thousand Li
    Condemning the Heavens
    Painting the Mists
    threads of fate
    I Might Be a Fake Cultivator

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    DiXanthos likes this.
  8. potato413

potato413 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Klein Moretti from Lord of Mysteries is a genuinely nice person in a cultivation world.

He goes out of his way to help people even when no benefits are gained.

He maintains a lawful good personality throughout the entire series, in a world of chaos and madness.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/lord-of-the-mysteries/

9. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Fang Yuan from Reverend Insanity is the nicest, purest guy I know.

Oh, this is probably necro. Not sure though.

armad224 likes this.
  10. DiXanthos

DiXanthos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Royalroad there is:

- Beware of Chicken. Can't recommend this one enough. Man reincarnated into Xianxia world. Proceeds to say "NOPE" to all cultivator power struggles & decides to go the most remote corner of the world and start a farm. Strange stuff happens, becomes a hidden master of sorts. Good slice of life with xianxia happenings, humor & plenty of emotional development for all characters. No harem, one woman guy.
    His rooster, on the other hand...

- Trying to be kind in a cultivator world. Haven't read beyond the first chapters, but it was good.

11. rhcharicharan

rhcharicharan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading Beware of Chickens! It is in Royal Road though..

12. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Horkus

Horkus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw someone recommended Martial Arts Master, but I'll second the rec anyway since while it's barely a cultivation novel (really more cultivation-adjacent), I do think MC is a shining example of what you're describing. It's martial arts and superpowers n a modern-day pro-sports context. MC is a very normal dude. As for why he's a good guy, there basically aren't any bad guys. No arrogant young masters or sect conflicts, the in-universe rule of law is such that people more or less behave themselves. It feels like a society that could actually exist without everyone killing each other.There's no real antagonist, he's on good relations with all his rivals. It feels like a sports Shounen manga in that sense, but less juvenile. Romance can be cringey at times, but I don't really mind it, and I appreciate how vanilla it is.

For an a more traditional cultivation novel, I've recently been reading My Girlfriend From Turquoise Pond Requests My Help After My Millennium Seclusion (Doesn't appear to have a NU page). Cringe title, but from what I've read so far, MC seems to be a pretty alright human being. He does get into a fair few fights to the death, but at least from what I've read so far (250ish chapters), it's all been pretty reasonable. On the whole he's modest and helpful to others. Somewhere in between Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral.

Finally, not a nice guy, but a nice girl: Ascending, Do not Disturb. Female MC, but probably the best example of Neutral Good you'll find in a cultivation protagonist. ML is a clear Lawful Good.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    DiXanthos likes this.
  14. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlock of magus world leylin is pretty good boy all the time unless you get in the way of his benefits or you yourself is his benefits.

15. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> necro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.