Discussion Novel Titles that Cause Momentary Severe Brain Malfunction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Halcyon Observer, Oct 25, 2021.

?

Is Halcyon Dead?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2021.
  1. Yes, Halcyon dead lmao

21.4%
  2. Yes, and so am I

14.3%
  3. Not Yet, currently in the ER suffering from a stroke after reading a synopsis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, Halcyon is alive and well

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Schrödinger's Halcyon: simultaneously dead and alive

50.0%
  6. Sample Text

14.3%
  1. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    There seems to be a new novel recently translated titled: American Reincarnation★Love Alliance. America Was Expelled to Another World, and Reincarnated as a Blonde Haired Girl (Along With Japan♪) And Headshots Monsters With Her Gun Summon Skill! What!? The Earth’s in Danger and You Want Us To Go Back? Oh, Too Late, Die!

I think I had a stroke when I read the title and an even bigger one after reading the synopsis.

I sometimes ask myself how people are so willing to scrape the bottom of the imagination barrel, and whether or not this has anything to do with media oversaturation. And if the translators are just picking these types of novels for fun. Or publicity. Or both.

justmehere and MangoGuy like this.
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think that title is genuinely pog. Thanks for the recommendation!

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm genuinely surprised to see you here alive @Halcyon Observer . I remember seeing this a synopsis like that...it's worse.

“America, I am expelling you!”

“What!?”

America and Japan were expelled from Earth by the new super weapon of the Chinese empire. They crossed dimensions, and were reborn in another world as beautiful girls.

The beautiful blonde Ameriko controls small arms at will with her『Gun Summon』, and the black haired Himeno swings unlimited blades.

The world where they were sent is a dark one, controlled by sorcerers with strange powers.

While flying the flag of ‘justice and freedom’, the two form an alliance, save a little girl (boy) from being sacrificed, and decide to travel together to liberate people from the terror and oppression of the sorcerers.

It’s a nonstop adventure where the duo fights to liberate this world, armed with their friendship, bonds, love, bullets, and swords!

CadmarLegend and AliceShiki like this.
  4. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    For a moment I even believed that it was a chinese novel, with all that thing about China beating both countries and literally killing every single person on them, but it seems like it's japanese, hmm. It seems like a bit of casual genocide is no stop for country personificator/yuri maniacs.

Baldingere likes this.
  5. psyque

psyque Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost want to think this was auto-generated by feeding an AI trash novel titles, but then I remember that there's really no bottom to the barrel in web fiction.

6. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than genocide, it's more of a play on the expulsion trend that's been popular recently. China expelled America and Japan from earth, but then needs them later once it's too late. Honestly looks like a great piece of satire.

Baldingere and AliceShiki like this.
  7. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stroke is no joke
    I wouldn’t wish that on you

8. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gyan7, inactive_rose and AliceShiki like this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I refuse to believe that's written by someone who's not a preteen trying their hand at writing for the first time. :blob_coughblood:
    I know that Japanese novels have a tendency for bloated titles to get visibility but that one's styling puts everything else to shame

10. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 2 ways to get people attention

One to come up with a thought provoking title that would be the defining word in the whole novel.

Two: Make the shittiest title you can come up with so people will turn around and pick up your damn book to laugh at.

11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that it does look like satire due to how absurd the title is~

I'm not really in the mood for trying it out, but I think it might actually be promising~
    I think I remember reading this one. It was a pretty interesting one-shot IIRC?

Elementarteilchen likes this.
  12. Zissel

Zissel Blue Blue Gold❣❣

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got a bigger title to beat that. A friend showed me this, I haven't bothered even reading it
    My Life Is Just As Wrong As I Expected After Traveling to Another World Where I’m Surrounded By Cute Girls At A Magical High School And Am Also The Fabled Hero of Legend, But Before I Tell You That Story I Have To Tell You This Story, In Which I Was Walking Along With My Unbelievably, Impossibly Cute Younger Sister Who Doesn’t Like Me At All, And She Said To Me It Was My Fault She Wasn’t Popular No Matter How She Looked At It As We Walked To School Together, And We Stopped To Look At A Garden, Which Had A Flower Whose Name I Don’t Remember, When Suddenly A Portal Opened Up To Another World And When I Landed In A Field And My Face Was Buried In The Largest Pair of Boobs I’d Ever Seen, And My Sister Hit Me And Called Me An Idiot While Blushing, But Then The Girl I Landed On Saw The Birthmark On My Hand And Gasped And She Grabbed My Hand And I Blushed But She Started Dragging Me Away And My Sister Got Mad And Chased After Us And I Asked Where We Were Going, And She Said She Was Taking Us To Grimheart Magic School, Where She Was The School President, And Then I Gasped Because I Was Now In A Magical World, And When We Got To The School Which Was A Giant Castle I Asked The Girl What Her Name Was And She Said It Was Akane Yuusha, Which I Thought Was A Tad Strange Since She Had Blonde Hair And Blue Eyes And The Entire Aesthetic Of The School Seemed Very Ancient European, But I Forgot About All Of That When She Told Me We Needed To See The Headmaster Because She Had Been Taught That The Mark On My Hand Was The Symbol Of The Reincarnation Of The Legendary Dragon Hero Of Legendary Literature, And I Said That Was A Cool Thing To Be Taught Because At Our School The Only Book We Learned Was Atlas Shrugged, And She Asked What That Was And I Told Her I Was The Book Our Society Based Its Philosophy On A Speech From, And She Asked Me To Recite The Speech, Which I Did, And The Speech Went “For Twelve Years You Have Been Asking…
    Here's where he found it
    https://www.animemaru.com/new-light-novel-consists-entirely-of-one-long-title/

13. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish they took out the capital letters

I'm fine with it if Europe is the unexpected last boss. Would be too boring if it was the middle east. Or maybe Australia? That would be even more unexpected.
    It's funny that America loli's name is Ameriko. Finally recognizing her latino population? Though it's probably a japanisation of her name. She could have taken the name Amerigo, I think that's the italian navigator the continent was named after. I wonder what Japan's name means.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  14. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    It just means "land of the rising sun."

15. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw some funny ones but I forgot their names. Needless to say, I wasn't going to read them.

16. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thread title can also apply to so many long-titled web/light novels, especially the isekai harem ones.

17. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe the author mixed up the draft synopsis with the title...

Then thought ridiculousness is also a good attraction tactic and left it there.