Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    Yess, its already spoiled somewhere on this thread <3

2. calladalia

calladalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh my god that's horrible if he was part of the plan. i wasn't able to read the novel but i kinda liked him in the manhwa. i hoped he was able to regret his actions

3. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the manhwa, he wad too shocked to see her dead, when he was found at the scene, people accused him of killing her, but he didnt say anything: he thought he didnt protect her well enough thats why she died, he felt guilty. And he was executed. In the novel, it was presumed, during further investigations he was caught along with others, and was executed as well...

4. Izubelle

Izubelle Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone explain to me about elias and ohara relationship and some of there moments?

5. Natamcia

Natamcia (❁´◡`❁) <33

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why there is no translation of new chapter(s).
    And why there is no exact date when the translation(s) will come out.
    Its so saddd :blob_teary::blob_teary:

Berry.Blast.20 likes this.
  6. GoldenTales

GoldenTales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know why the translation for chapter 73 is delayed? I know the new chapter is out but not why there are no translation of it yet. Did something happen?

Natamcia likes this.
  7. GoldenTales

GoldenTales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next chapter is out now!!

Natamcia likes this.
  8. Negarrr

Negarrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read the novel?

9. crunchberry

crunchberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read manhwa chapter 73. Elias is doing sus things.
    Also, I think this is Rachel's future hubby.
    smm.png

onnagiri, HimawariDC, livius and 7 others like this.
  10. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    didn't see it on the TOC
    can someone spoil me about the prince? Like what happens to him. Every time I see his smug ass face, I just want someone to kick his ass...repeatedly...just a continuous cycle of getting his ass whooped.

11. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I haven't been following this thread.
    But I was wondering who the shady priest was getting whipped by?

Elias is probably meeting his older brother's prospective(?) fiancee and lying about it. Why is he such a troublemaker smh. He knows he's causing troubles all the time, but he still doesn't stop.
    He even married that woman in the previous lifetime after she partly caused mc's death and his older brother broke off his ongoing wedding with her.

12. Thamalasca

Thamalasca Editing MTL's for "I'll Save this Damn Family"

Reading List:
    Link
    Richelieu, (the shady priest) wasn't being whipped by somebody, he was whipping himself. It actually exists for the hard core catholics (even today....) Self-Flagellation is something that ultra conservative catholics do in order to punish themsleves for their sins and/or feel closer to Jesus who got whipped in his ordeal before going on the cross. Yes, some do this, just to feel Jesus's pain in order to better understand him....
    To be fair, self body harm exists in other religions as well: Islam with the Achoura (which is to commemorate Mahomet's grandsons' Husseins'murder), In Hindu Festival Thaipusam with the Kavadi ritual, during the American Indians' Sun dances, and in South America and Africa circumcision without anesthetics are performed as rites of passage for teenage boys in certain cultures.
    So hurting oneself to prove devotion to your God isn't new.
    Today only hard core believers do these kind of acts, but back in time, it was much more common.

Back to Richelileu, since he has lustful feelings for Shuli, he is just punishing himself for it, since he is supposed to be "pure" for his God.
    But he probably is also doing it to remind himself of his pain when he was drowning and his survival at the "hand of God" the "Miracle" as he calls it, that has shaped him ever since, as he believes that God has saved him for a reason and he thinks it is to have the Church lead the secular and spiritual world everywhere on the planet.
    In today's standards, he definitly needs therapy and is an extremist, in those days, (which you can akein to 19th century Europe), Colonialism was still going strong and the Church was still trying to convert the whole planet to catholiscism and had still quite some power over the Royal reigning families so his behaviour and thoughts aren't considered so extreme. The only thing that bothers his pears in the Church community is his ascetism, since they are quite happy to gorge themselves on power and riches and find his "devotion" annoying.
    Most religious people in high power were actually the second of third suns of Noble families which did not have the choice to "go into religion". their parents wanted to have power within the Church as much as the Church wanted to have power over the nobles....

13. Allyzaaajoy

Allyzaaajoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID THIS ALL. TYSM YOURE SUCH AN ANGEL

14. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the Manga, it's even more obvious how much Ohara was indoctrinated since birth. She was probably forced to have an early debut as well. But in second timeline she meets with Elias unexpectedly during trial of Jeremy so I think this is where everything changes. Elias taught her how to break the rules aka have fun without being punished (they did try to sneak in to have a view of the trial as they were worried for Shuri and Jeremy) So, getting to know happy twins and happy Elias (instead of angry ones) is what made the difference. She has a closer bond to them than her father. She's also a bit pitiful in first life as its obvious in second life that she was merely a pawn of her father.

She also has a good relationship with Shuri too. The one to blame is mostly her father.

I would like to know more about the Duke (Nora's dad).
    How is his relationship with his son in both timelines?
    What are his feelings for his son?

I would like to know more about the Duke (Nor
    Rachel's husband will probably be very handsome as his older sister already appeared in Manga and she's a beauty. She's also very nice and open minded. Rachel has got good in-laws

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  15. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually from my perspective, compared to other kids, Nora is very mature for his age. He also helped calm down Shuli before the trial and even advises and supports her.

The real problem is that the Duke and Nora don't open up to each other. They don't show their affection. I think the Duke realises he messed up somewhere but no longer knows how to approach Nora - to revert back to how close they used to be.

From one of the spoilers, Nora was considered a liar by the Duke and although he r tried to explain several times, it didn't work. (This is due to the prince - that crazy guy) Just like how the prince on several occasions harmed the relationship between Elizabeth & the king and her/his biological son, he did the same with Nora on several occasions.

This turned him bitter towards Theo and since he is constantly compared and considered rebellious for small reasons (like leaving the house) he stopped trying to explain himself because he believes it won't work.

His mother wants things to get better but she's too weak and barely ever interferes or side with him. He just feels abandoned.

Nora is actually very bright and can tell something is definitely wrong with Theo so he doesn't like him and openly shows it. This makes his father angry because he expects him to be nice to the child of the 1st empress.

The real problem is that whatever he does, he is constantly misunderstood by his father and accused of being rebellious. They don't ask for his reasons for acting in a way either (especially the mum) so he thinks they don't care about him. So he doesn't try to communicate with them.

It's a very sad situation. On the opposite I think his parents because of lack of communication, doesn't understand him and mum who gets worried about Nora makes the Duke angry at Nora (as the Duchess has a wak health)

But I am more interested in knowing the reaction of the Duke when he finds out his son got poisoned. Do u know?

I also wanna know if he regrets his behavior towards Nora and try to get closer to him after finding out the crazy things Theo did.

16. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! When the Duke finds that his only son and heir has been poisoned and almost died, he finally comes back to his senses and gets a huge wake up call. He vows to find the culprits. The poison issue was done to make the Kingdom they are visiting with Shuli as the culprits but it is in fact the Chruch, which will be discovered later and provoke the joining of the 2 main ducal houses Noras' and Jeremy's to rebel against the Church and go to war with the help of the rest of the aristocrats and the support of the Emperor.
    The Duke and his son Noras' relationship will mellow somewhat and be better than it was but it will be still ackward. It is difficult to reconcile years of misunderstanding and distrust.
    The Duke will make amends and also realise his mistake to privilege the 1st Empresses' son over his own, expecially when he realizes Theos' true character. Theo didn't do anything when he probably knew that Nora was going to be poisoned by the Church, though it is only implied and never explicitly said and also he created this whole gambling situation with his half-brother, the current Empresses' son to get rid of him. When this is discovered as well as his very tight knit relationship with the Church, which (I think) helped him to get rid of the competition (i.e. his younger brother and Nora) He was striped of his position of heir to the throne and bannished for life under tight surveillance, never to meddle in politics again.
    The Duke realises with all this that he projected the 1st empresses' character onto Theo, because of the resemblance and became blind to his faults because he unconsciously refused to believe that such petty evil and bad behaviour could come from the som of the love of his life.
    After Theos' demise, The relationship between Nora and his father progresses in to a more positive note.

17. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you.

I guess in 1st timeline since the prince wasn't found out, the relationship between Nora and his dad deteriorated more and more to the point Nora felt emotionless. Everyone seems to have had a very bad end in 1st timeline. Both ducal families were broken without repair. The royal family was already broken and with prince on the throne, the country might be doomed too.

In a way, Shuli became Nora's light and vise versa.

Amanda16, aydh03, sets_trans and 6 others like this.
  18. Thamalasca

Reading List:
    Link
    Most welcome. If you wish to get this in more accurate details, you can read all this is the spoiler thread here. And yes, you are right, the only light Nora had in the 1st timelline was Shuli, whom he loved from afar mostly, having chosen to work against Theo and the Church from the shadows by pretending to work for them in this shady organisation after her murder.
    And you can say that in the first timeline, Theo is the Churches' willing puppet as long as he gets what he wants, so the country is doomed.

And in the 2nd timeline they are, as you have rightly said, each others' light.

19. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rachel's future hubby appeared on Manga. At least I think it's him. Really cute. Gonna be handsome a few more years later.
    Screenshot_20211104_132557_com.comikin.reader2.jpg

livius, Amanda16, Hakwifey7 and 10 others like this.
  20. kuonyuu

kuonyuu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read the novel too!
    Would you mind to share with me, please?
    Or any official buying way?
    THanks