Discussion Decisions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Oct 26, 2021.

?

Suppose you meet a very attractive person, you notice lots of red flags but you know you can score

1. Trust my guts feelings, I will deal with whatever issues later

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. They are called red flags for a reason, I won't get involved in a losing battle

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  3. Other, please specify in a comment

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    "kinda" was just me hedging, sorry :blobsweat_2:

though maybe earth-shaking godly handsomeness that will last forever will tempt me :blobcheeky:
    no one irl will fit these standards though lol

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, if I am liking someone, but they have clear issues... Then we'll have to work on it. Just like how I have issues, the other party also has issues without a doubt.

The thing is, how manageable are the issues? Can I deal with it? Can the issue be solved? Is it something that has to be solved?

As you grow closer to someone, you'll not only notice their qualities more, but also their defects. That is normal... And well, while some things can be changed, others are just part of the person and won't be changed. Trying to change everything on someone will definitely make you break up.

So like... I guess you'd just have to see how you feel as you go through the relationship? If it's too much, it will end... If it's something that is manageable, things will probably continue. That's just how it is, I guess~

3. Ahodesuga

Ahodesuga °˖✧Aho desu ga, Nani ka?✧˖° 《Liking Fiend》

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao, such a valuable opportunity is not one that you encounter often!!!!!!!

4. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Not issues, red flags, for example: alcoholism, drug addiction, a history of being a cheater, violent displays, etc...
    What you are talking about are yellow flags, you can deal with those yeah like them not having friends or unemployed or they are in somekind of big debt, etc..., but red flags, the more your target got of those the more you are likely to be putting yourself in danger and the more likely disastrous your relationship is going to be, but if you think you can deal with those, although, you are just likely harming yourself in the short and the long run by doing so, then sure I guess, it is your life XD

What a great opportunity XD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2021
    Ahodesuga likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the definition of Red Flag is different for each person though~

Like, an alcoholic will probably have less issues with someone that is an alcoholic than me, for example.

I think that, if someone considers a given characteristic a Red Flag, they won't even try getting closer to a person that displays said flag. Because like... Some things are just a no-no. You won't simply try dating someone who has a no-no characteristic... Unless you're like... Really desperate for money and the person is rich or something.

So... If a flag isn't red, then it's yellow, and if it's yellow, I'll have to get closer to the person to find out how reddish that yellow is~

6. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... I guess some people are more adventurous than others, they are the most likely to suffer, but then again, some last more than others, it will be fun journey at least but in the end, who am I to decide? there are exceptions to everything, a good chemistry is kind of not easy to come by often XD

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2021
    AliceShiki likes this.
  7. meliori

meliori [in a dark tunnel seeing light from afar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why "Trust my guts feelings, I will deal with whatever issues later" is so familiar to me, I think it's one of the tropes I often see in soap operas I watched with my aunt when I was a child :blobrofl: Well all I remember is that it's nonsense and you're likely overestimating yourself for believing it. The girl got infatuated with a bad guy thinking that she could change him with the power of love, then in the end she suffered. Something like that

8. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    It is always good to have dreams as long as they are achievable, some people just set the bar too high you know, I am not saying it is a bad thing, it is just that there are lots of people who went through the same experiences and most of the times it ended badly for them, some made sacrificess and made it work while others just suffered for nothing, tbh it is always sad hearing of such stories, here is an example

meliori likes this.
  9. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cough cough...that's all in the past as it says.

Ps: it's grossly exaggerated as well....it wasn't all the the virgins then where will I get mortals?