Spoiler Honey, I'm Going On A Strike

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Lucy_

Lucy_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree 2222222 눈‸눈

2. seizh

seizh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are the hero/heroine that we don't deserve. Thank you so so much for these wonderfully summarized spoilers.

Reeka98 and DOHere like this.
  3. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't say it was unexpected because we already know the king is trash, but it feels weird
    Neither of the couple are fit to be royalties, one is chill and the other wants to laze around, and if there is no one else to grab the throne from the trash king, it makes more sense if it's queen and her king consort imo idk (though I guess that doesn't matter since they probably would have equal work to do)

Cloudland19, Aymee and Creolenerd like this.
  4. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if we take into account some legends about a hero who has saved a continent from monsters and created a new kingdom it would make sense. Though I’m now curious about the turn of events that lead to ML becoming a king, because the kingdom has already existed and had a lot of nobles who were looking down on him and his roots.

5. Hakucyou

Hakucyou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latter half of the novel went full on in politics and lots of yidi yada that isnt my cup of tea... so Im just gonn give super brief points...
    After Chester and Cassia visited Ruberno's estate and came back to the barony, Count Axios paid them a visit.
    The count tried to budge in but it only strengthened the couple more than before. Cassia and Chester had lots of heart to heart becuase Count Axios brought up more Chester's insecurity issues BUT Cassia tiredlessly told Chester over and over again she didnt like the Count. During the visit, Chester asked the count to take them to the capital for the upcoming 1st princess birthday banquet becuase Cassia mentioned sometimes ago she wanted to visit there. (He asked for this sole reason).

After the Count left, Cassia was busy helping out her most loyal maid she knew the previous TL. She was a victim of domestic abuse and the main religion of the empire made it extremely difficult to get a divorce. But with the help of both Cassia and Chester, the maid got her divorce and the husband was punished with sterilization. (Chester made that call).

The couple then head to the capital and to me, the fluff sort of ended halfway with this arc cause there was just too much going on with the "main plotline". And the couple's relationship was pretty much golden by the time they left the capital. Cassia doesnt doubt Chester's love for her anymore, she only worries for the future when her time comes.

Basically, the couple solved their financial problem with a huge business deal, saved the social life of 3rd princess (and gained huge favorability from the imperial family), also played major role in solving a big crisis (that gained great popularity among the commoners), and exposed the only and very corrupted religion of the empire. The couple gained a ridiculous amount of achievments and power from this one capital trip... to say the least

Then after the capital visit, a northern civil war brokeout and Chester defeated not only the northern lords, but also the most powerful central lord (he was called in as reinforcement by one of the northern lords), thus making Chester one of the strongest lords of the empire (his territory expanded probably 20x than it was before).

Then they defeated the final boss, the demon of this world, and the imperial family decided to give Chester the throne (for a reason, explained later). So the Greze couple eventually became the emperor and the empress.

You would later find out this is a world with not only magic, but angels and demons, so... everything is possible LOL

The world the MCs lives in is guarded by angel Ramiel. However, his power is very limited so he could not kill the demon that invaded the world. The first emperor joined hands with the demon and created the "main religion" which shifted the faith of the ppl and weakened Ramiel more (faith is power). The imperial family is in debt to the demon (for building the empire) so they couldnt go against it since then. It has been recorded that when an imperial family member tried to take down or expose the religion, they all suffered mysetrious demise. So THIS IS WHY its necessary to name a new emperor from a different family to cut ties with the religion and the demon.

After Cassia passed away, Rael and Chester researched (For some years) on the ancient artifact and eventually found out about the time travelling magic engraved on the stone. And just so happened Ramiel wandered to Greze's estate and they bagged for Ramiel's help.

Chester sacrificed his soul to turn back time AND his life in the 2nd TL so that Cassia wont die for the second time.
    Then Rael sacrificed his soul to go back in time so he could save both his parent from dying. Lucy is a interesting one, in that, she also went back in time but TO MAKE SURE her mom doesnt end up with her dad. Lucy resented Chester for Cassia's death and wanted Cassia to have a different life in the 2nd TL. She gave up her memory for some reason when she went back so she was helping Ramiel (to take down the religion) and Count Axios (she wanted to set him up for Cassia LOL) for the good first half of the story. But eventually gained back her memory (magic, dont ask) and worked with Rael to help out her parents. (She helped Chester won the civil war and kept the couple safe).

Honorable mention: when Ramiel turned back time for Chester, he gave Cassia the choice to pick the time. So its actually Cassia's subconsicous that wanted to go back to that specific time point. Deep down, she wanted to make their marriage work.

In the end, Ramiel was touched by the actions of the Greze family (and also the fact they helped Ramiel took down the demon aka final boss). and decided to sacrifice himself to fix everything (gave back their souls and help Rael to keep his soul intact from all the rule breaking. Rael fasforwarded the invention of the cure and connected the necessary ppl in time so that Cassia wont die. But all these "future tampering" damages souls.)

Lastly, let me just express my sympathy to poor Chester who had to be abstinent for 16 months cause Cassia couldnt take contraceptive (to save Rael's soul )and make sure Rael can be born on time.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  6. miratap

miratap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So all the family died in 1st timeline?

syofiaa likes this.
  7. GoldenTales

GoldenTales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The comments on some of these manhwa sites are a complete mess for the first couple chapters. So many people actually believe Chester cheated on Cassia that it breaks my heart for this cinnamon roll :facepalm:

you’d think it’d be more obvious from how he behaves at her death in the first timeline and the way the manhwa portrays his purity and innocence.

northerner, AplCina, Elisee and 11 others like this.
  8. Tishes

Tishes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. cairii

cairii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read spoilers light novel for Honey, I'm Going On A Strike? T^T help pleaaase

Midsummer_dreamss and Tishes like this.
  10. Undramun

Undramun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just now reading the manhaw and....the reason for the fml misery is the butler? I feel like the butler is kind of useless

11. Reeka98

Reeka98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The that pig pay them after all?

12. Rainystee

Rainystee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to ask - was it ever mentioned how the misunderstanding with Vita came to be? In the manhwa it showed that Cassia overheard Vita in ML room saying something like "how long should I endure" or something along those lines. Was this incident ever explained or was it just forgotten after Vita was kicked out?

nanu00 likes this.
  13. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe she was talking with another guy. was that ml's room? or the study?

14. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me about the greedy Vicount Bitch i mean, Viche, who hired Zester but doesn't plan on compensating Zester properly in the current manhwa chapter? And what about the Rakan tribe? the rakan tribe seems nice but that fat pig vicount slanders and spread bad rumors about them. I hope zester & cassia will come together in agreement to help the tribe & that coward fat pig will pay the price of false accusations and greediness. He's a big fat coward & greedy pig to begin with. Urghh I'm so mad at him in the latest chapter in the mahwa

15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been spoiled a couple of pages ago. Basically it’ll turn out similar to what you’ve written, if I remember spoilers correctly they’ll additionally get support from other nobles when the fatty’s schemes come to light.

16. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil this more? I have a feeling its both hilarious and frustrating (For FL). I have this image in my head of her shouting for all of them to sit and them kneeling on their knees before her and apologizing. Then the husband laments and offers himself as a sacrifice and they all start arguing like puppies about fighting... it was just something that popped into my head when I realized where the FL would end up during the conflict.

17. Raphe

Raphe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a difference. His childhood friend was a commoner and he is a noble. Hierarchy was extremely important in those times.

Exactly!!! And not just that. She asked him to get rid of her and he did nothing!! I will have been extremely pissed off if my husband want to keep the girl that behave like the lady of the house and act all touchy around him. He was not giving her, her place as a wife and owner of the house.

18. Roseeve

Roseeve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me if she ends up telling him that she went back in time from the past?

I just think the him rn would have an interesting reaction to the him from the past.

cometothedarkside97 likes this.
  19. speechlesscat69

speechlesscat69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanted to express how i like this manhwa. I like it even more based on the spoilers. To all who put an effort spoiling us, thanks a bunch:aww::aww: i also pity Chester's chara. Y'know. I've read few manhwas and manga already and i just realized that in some point we will never understand how deep the scar of being a slave could affect a person's whole personality and beliefs including their self esteem. As of the latest chap of manhwa, i can really see how Chester dont have confidence in his abilities. And it kinda hurt:blobcry: i like how Cassian in the 2nd tl help Chester to believe more in his self and be confident. I like how she emphasize to him that he is a noble now despite of where he came from and that he should be proud of it because he works hard to gain the title.

20. ruroreo

ruroreo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I realised how much of his background is almost glossed over during the Vita arc. Its kinda sad when you think about it because it seemed like he was abused so much when he was younger. Vita and her family were horrible. And because he’s new to all the nobility things he had to do and no one to guide him properly essentially, it was hard for him to adjust to the whole thing. His floofy dog image somewhat downplays the abuse and his self-esteem issues somewhat.

He and FL are growing on me and its nice that the FL admits that shes getting to know his true personality and is actively helping him. I really appreciate the FL being firm yet gentle about his worth during the Viscount Viche arc.