Spoiler Heeran's National Sonata 희란국 연가 (from the author of "Under the Oak Tree")

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by badsanta88, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Koiyue

Koiyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank goodness Soru did not end up with that shitty a$$hole Jahyun.

2. Revenge-freak

Revenge-freak Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lololol this is so satisfying

Anyone have another novel like this with groveling male lead? Teehee (^3^♪

3. Revenge-freak

Revenge-freak Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think his name is yato

bleedingliar24, MochiPark and mewylve like this.
  4. Nick2314

Nick2314 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he's the ml,can someone please tell if he's the ml please?

mewylve likes this.
  5. Nick2314

Nick2314 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I came back and yeahhh!!! He's the ML I'm happy with that

6. Akki19

Akki19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This guy jahyun spoiled lives of both girls soru and garan ( I hope she is not a bad girl ,he took her as concubine without respecting her feelings ). I hope he have bad ending

7. Pomee

Pomee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want some clarification ; is Yato the demon who ate up all the demons tormenting Soru and took away her eyes?
    Because in the manhua Yato had golden eyes like Soru had before and he’s definitely not human from his first appearance.

8. Anika Ab

Anika Ab Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg FINALLY SHE WON'T END UP WITH A JERK. I was just going to drop it if he was ML eventhough art was so gooood
    Okay here goes my question how exactly will FL take her eyes back and does anyone have Yato × MC moments?! *---* I wanna heal myself with them until yato steals our MC away from Tr*sh.

9. bernzilla

bernzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well thanks the heaven's we didnt get the trope of FL forgiving the 2nd ML with ML abusive vibes lol Yato ftw

10. kissmemore

kissmemore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I don't know what a white lotus is, I assumed it's a bad term right?
    Garan seduced Jahyun in order to prevent Jahyun from rebelling against the royal family, Jahyun at this point was kinda aware that he was in love with Soru BUT he still snu snu with Garan because he wanted to deny his true feeling. The king found out about the conspiracy of treason and he ordered to execute Jahyun, and Soru begged Yato to save Jahyun to repay for the good thing he did to her (killed the yokai who tried to harass and attack her). The relationship between Jahyun - Soru - Yato was the main conflict that led to a ship war because some people perceived that Soru felt "thankful" because Jahyun gave her peace after 20 years of enduring endless cycles of teasing and threatening from the Yokai monster. Some thought she developed feeling for Jahyun because he was a handsome war hero who got the rumor that he might be the reincarnation of the God of War. How the novel depicted the relationship between FL and the other 2 male leads is kinda frustrating. At the start of this novel you are led to believe that monster/Yokai is bad, human is good, Soru feared Yokai since she was a child and she helplessly and foolishly idolized humans and their war hero Jahyun, but then it's slowly revealed through Jahyun's actions that the human side is much more hideous than Yokai, Jahyun could be a true hero but he's lost to his ego, his greed of retaliating the king (the so-called equity) by taking advantage of the weak and kind people who support him without wanting something in return (aka. Soru). Garan didn't have to do anything since Jahyun had already fallen to the "dark side".

11. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!! And yes whit lotus is a bad term usually use to describe the character that act or pretend to be innocent but actually evil and scheming inside.

12. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FL: Soru
    ML: Jahyun or Jahyeon
    ML: Yato
    Noticeable supporting female character: Garan

This is what I've gathered from Naver bloggers' reviews

Jahyun wanted to marry Garan, but the king forced him to marry Soru as his legal wife instead, Jahyun reluctantly agreed, but he treated Soru like shit, after a while, he married Garan and happily slept with his concubine multi times (there were detailed snu snu scenes of those two). Soru did have feelings for Jahyun, but she lost her memories, then she developed a romance with Yato (who was just an imposter, he wasn't Soru's father). Soru and Yato ended up together. Jahyun spent the rest of his life in regrets or whatever. The end.

- Spoiler (from user luvsunny11)
    So I've managed to find more spoilers,
    Soru was a celestial being who was reincarnated into the human world, but she got mistreated badly by humans, Yato the yokai or monster was the one who treated her with kindness (he was kinda obsessed with her). They shared the same loneliness during the time they lived in the human world.

Soru didn't know her real identity, she got abused and neglected, humans even called her "the ghost princess" (because she could see ghosts, monsters and other mystical beings but at the time she didn't know why she could do it). Soru suffered abuse for so long, she idealized Jahyun as her solely hero because he was strong enough to kill Yokai and made them fear him.
    Jahyun was a war hero who lived among the scheming aristocrat, he believed princess Garan was the most suitable one for him because she had a good reputation and such, but the truth was Jahyun was in love with Soru but he kept denying it and only succumbed to his feelings and self-guilt when it was too late after he hurt Soru badly to the point of no going back (MTL was tricky but it said he stabbed Soru because people said her blood could "cure" him, but the Korean friend who spoiled it didn't go into detailed what kind of "disease" Jahyun got).

After that FL started to heal and a romance journey with Yato, then these 2 returned to heaven and lived happily ever after.

13. beeyaahmor

beeyaahmor Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any site that translates the novel? Its so refreshing to the FL not choosing the first ML.

14. Yukinahime21

Yukinahime21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gee, the bastard and his male servant are all scumbags! They exploited poor Princess Soru's blood for political purpose to usurped the throne of the current King and I can't blame Princess Soru, she had no idea how the real world works particularly the humans because she was locked up when she was just a child and how worst they are compare to the monsters who keep on harrassing her. These guys can go to hell! and I'm glad Jahyun is not the ML and even if he felt guilty after becoming king, I won't forgive him and could just die from loneliness without Princess Soru.

By the way, Is the ML not a human? Is he the demon who steal the FL's eyes back in her childhood and lastly, did the ML and FL had snu snu scene in the novel as well?

And how did the bastard Jahyun ever found out that his legal wife was a reincarnated real fairy? Did he saw her ascended into heaven together with Yato in the novel?

15. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you for the spoiler. And we have scumbag husband end up regret. Well good guy go to the heaven and bad guy end up in hell. Nice :blobsmirk:

16. Eurekaaaaa

Eurekaaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yasssssssssssssss was rooting for the yokai dude anyway, I really don’t like other dude.

17. veivei

veivei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can u tell us more detail when that happen?

18. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That top link has thread for the same manhwa/novel with more spoilers.

Creolenerd and mewylve like this.
  19. kissmemore

kissmemore Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler

Yeah, obviously, Yato is the one who stole Soru's eyes. My words won't be able to describe how much Yato loved Soru.

He's a monster, like, I mean, a literal yokai, really ugly, his physical body is damaged, so he stole Soru's eyes, and he wear the skin of Soru's dead father because the dead papa was a handsome man. He knew that he can't be able to be with Soru because she hated yokai, so he tried to eat other beings' hearts in order to evolve into a human through black magic. He's just helplessly in love but he's also silly yokai at the time, he thought he wanted he "eat" her but then he eventually realized that he loved Soru, he attempted to confess his love to her 2 times.

There was a time when Yato was near death after he fought with his own life to protect Soru from getting eaten by another powerful Yokai, but he didn't allow Soru to hurt herself and pour out her blood to save him. Luckily he was the ML so the author didn't let him die like that, lol, but he was nearly going to die.
    Yato often felt insecure, because he knew he's a yokai (and yokai is the lowest being of the realm), while Jahyun was a war hero among humans and he also had a complicated relationship with Soru. But you will see that Yato's love was really selflessness. He even told Soru his real yokai name (which was like a spellbound, yokai would be a slave for the one who knew it's a real name).
    Yato was a massive simp, from a funny point of view, he was a loser among the yokai. If Soru wanted him to die, he would die, if Soru wanted him to kill the human king then he would kill the human king.
    Yato was the one when fell in love first and actively pursued Soru while she was stuck with Jahyun so you could feel the novel's atmosphere was filled with a dark, gloomy vibe.

Luckily the author had a healthy mindset so even Soru didn't express much, you can tell that she loved Yato, and after all, Yato was her true love (she took the initiative to kiss Yato, called the place they stay together "our home", told the others that she realized she wanted a man who would be there for her and it's Yato, etc...).

20. Aron Dare

Aron Dare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg she's such an amazing FL. Inspite of not understanding humanity's rules, she learnt how to live and place her self-respect, and feelings, before a shitty husband like Jaehyun. Most of the time, FLs go back to the husbands who have, in a way, emotionally, and mentally abused them. This is such a breath of fresh air.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021