Non-Fic Losing Interest as you get older

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LivingCorpse, Oct 26, 2021.

?

Getting old is a pain...

1. Yes...

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. I don't want to become old...

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes... now, I can't touch loli legally anymore...

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. I reject my humanity JOJO!!!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. No

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. I getting old an instrument?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you had some hobbies and stuff you like to do in the past but now you're no longer interested in doing it anymore?

For me, I never really lose interest in all of my hobbies and past time. But as I got older and work become busier I have to selectivelly choose what hobby that I can do in my free time.

For example, I like binge watching Anime but nowadays I never watched any of the newer stuff because I'm too busy. In the end while I never really lost interest in Anime, just the thought of catching up to the popular shows nowadays become a chore for me. Not to mention I also has other stuff that I like to do like, building gunplas and playing games.

As of right now while new shows still piques my interest, I don't have enough will to spend my precious free time to watch the show instead of using them doing my other hobbies. Nowadays I just get my Anime fix from Manga and occasional Light Novel.

Do any of you also have this problem?

applebeans and Darkaeluz like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Get old enough and the pain goes away. :sweating_profusely:

Bad Storm and LivingCorpse like this.
  3. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, get old enough and die from old age.
    Death is the cure for all pain.

4. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to watch harem anime and not feel uncomfortable but nowadays I just can't even bear to watch it anymore. I do still watch anime but yeaaa just not as frequent I personally only watch stuff I'm interested in examples this season are blue period, ousama ranking and takt op destiny because I can't help but feel that just 'ok' anime will cut it out for me nowadays which is why I choose to only watch those I like the art or story of. Manga and light novels amen:blobpeek:.

5. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gaming, I've lost interest in playing games. I just don't get that excitement unless it offers something more immersive than a fight

IamMeowChie likes this.
  6. LivingCorpse

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I also interested in the new LN adaptation anime, but since I already know how stuff went from the LN, I have no motivation to watch it. Though I probably wouldn't interested in the anime if it wasn't from the LN in the first place.
    For me, there just too many that I want to play that I quickly lost interest because I'm distracted by the other game that I want to play.

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    most of online games~ too busy~
    action theme novel~ feel bored~
    supa serious story~ this cat is tire enuf with various stuff so nay~

8. meliori

meliori [in a dark tunnel seeing light from afar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think my losing interest have anything to do with getting older, although of course the object of interest differs as I age. I'm used to jumping at new things then throwing them away once the novelty disappears as if I've exhausted all interest I can get from it, from one obsession to another

9. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that I'm losing my interest in hobbies currently, but I'm so stressed and unmotivated even doing the things I love seems stressful and like a lot of work. :blobcry:

applebeans and IRandomGuy like this.
  10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I feel you~

I still love most of the hobbies I loved as a teen... But time is now a much more precious resource, so I'm a lot pickier with what I spend my time on... >.>

ANonMouse likes this.
  11. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I still remember when I was about to start watching Naruto cause I didn't find any other to binge watch, something in me told me "it won't be interesting now" ...Idk how but that feeling has just snow balled.

There was a stark difference how I felt watching one piece, or fairy tail to watching Naruto.

in fairy tail or op I just instantly clicked with the protags...but Naruto I just felt odd and stupid.

I dropped it unsurprisingly......

I'm not bias against Naruto no, I know what it feels like to like it....op and Ft gave me that feel.

I know it's not Naruto cause I till now haven't seen the last season of fairy tail, I've read the manga and spoilers so know what happened but the anime I couldn't bring myself to watch.

Now it's much worse, I would atleast love works like dororo, musushi, restaurant in another world, and the recent one about a ever evolving eternal stone, but now I just feel they are empty.

Not that I stopped anime, heck I watched reincarnated as a slime upto date....but not as much invested into it, I don't connect with any character, i just want to know the story...

Hard to put a finger on it....but yeah my hobby of anime has atleast changed.

12. IamMeowChie

IamMeowChie 『Gone to secluded place』 『Master Nef's Pet Kitty』

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed all the things that makes me entertained before but now, I lost interest to almost everything. The only thing I've been thinking right now is how to earn more money in a decent way and have time to procrastinate. <w<
    Actually I'm still stuck in procrastinating (´;ω;`)

13. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a lot of people do keep seeing their interests change over time. Sometimes they change back to what they were as a kid, even. Personally, my interests haven't changed but available time has changed the way I pursue them. I have a lot less big chunks of time now, and a lot more smaller chunks of time than when I was a kid. I no longer read actually good books because they're impossible to put down and I need to reserve my biggest time slots for gaming.

That's the main reason I'm here : most of these translated novels are enjoyable while not being so immersive and well written that I can't just put it down whenever there's a need to. These stories can fill all the little amounts of time I have and I can drop/pick-up them at any time. I can't ever go back to the time when I'd whimsically start reading the unabridged Three Musketeers only to pull an all nighter finishing it in one sitting. That's a thing of the past. If I did something like that, I'd end up fucking up my schedule

14. That One Average Fellow

That One Average Fellow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to cycle reading manga/novels, gaming and watching anime, doing 2 at a time alongside my studies but nowadays I hardly have time to do any one. When I was younger I used to think that I would still have time for my hobbies when I grow older, how naïve I was.

I used to like MMOs but these days I won't even touch a game that I can't pause.