Recruitment Looking for website(s) to post a new novel---

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Midori, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello

So my friend and I have 5 chapters of a Chinese novel(raws from book dot sogou dot com) that we've translated, and we'd like to post it on a translation website(s), with ad revenue or some sort of payment?
    The novel is targeted towards a female audience, and the genre of the novel is historical, comedy, political, romance. (more info on the novel at the end of post)

Mainly, we would need flexibility with posting schedule, we wish to be able to post whenever we'd like, with no requirement for posting.
    Ours is a two-person team, one person is translating, the other is proofreading. And we'd like to keep it that way, thanks! We both have experience working on other translated novels.
    Also, does your website require us to be exclusive, or we can post on other websites as well?
    We'd like to be able to have ko-fi, but we can discuss this.

If the above's okay for you, we can discuss further through NUF's private message.

Thank you,
    Liang Ge Lan Ren (LGLR)
    (Two Lazy People)

Some info on novel:
    -funny, troublemaking and cheerful male lead
    -strong(physically and mentally), cunning and troublemaking female lead
    -cute main couple that I SHIP
    -non-problematic romantic relationship

Xian-laoshi likes this.
  2. Xian-laoshi

Xian-laoshi Teacher Hamsie Xian

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw it long ago and didn't realize until now that I only mentally replied and did not actually type it. XD

Given your requirements, Foxaholic or Iso Translations seem to be the best choices. They allow tler to plug their own Ko-fi links, shares ad-rev, and be flexible.

Additionally, may I recommend the group I'm in? Try Second Life Translations. Although there's a (not strict) requirement of one chapter per week, I think that's kinda... feasible and light?

3. Sanrsl

Sanrsl 『• scummy MLs don't deserve a wife •』

Reading List:
    Link
    moonbao likes this.
  4. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Xian-laoshi We appreciate the offer, but we would prefer not having a fixed release schedule as this is more of a passion project we're doing on the side.

Xian-laoshi likes this.
  5. Xian-laoshi

Xian-laoshi Teacher Hamsie Xian

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine! That's why I first suggested those groups that totally fit your requirements.

Sanrsl's other suggestions are all great sites. Check them out!

6. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you everyone who contacted us, we'll be requesting for the thread to be closed now!