LCD SSS-Class Suicide Hunter

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alk, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Theguynextdoor

Theguynextdoor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone here who's read ahead mind spoiling me? Will Gongja grow a spine at any point in the story?

I couldn't help but cringe at how the romance was set up as it felt way too rushed and their relationship dynamic made him into a doormat tbh. His actions are just throwing me off a bit too much. I do realize he already has come a long way from practically having no self esteem but will he stay this 'submissive' throughout the story?

I'm by no means trying to shit on the story as I actually think it's pretty good but it just irks me how passive he is when interacting with certain characters, especially Raviel.

2. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, to be fair, I've seen plenty of my male friends going gaga and bonkers when they fell in love. So, Gongja's behaviour in love seems pretty standard to me.

Kin_ and RealSaMu like this.
  3. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm MC meets the only other regressors in the setting. The only other person that can u understand what he feels/goes through...seems like a good match...and there is no harem. What chapter are you guys up to so I don't spoil.

4. Kom12

Kom12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys, stop reading when he entered the book on romance, is that arc actually finished?

5. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe if you've read the arc, you'd know. It's only like 2-3 chapters long.

6. Kom12

Kom12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad, at chapter 144 The current arc is starting or ending? , I want to read again but for this story reading the full arcs is more satisfying

7. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    The romance sub-arc is done, but the Library arc hasn't ended yet.

8. Kom12

Kom12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect for me thanks!

9. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    only following the manhwa right now... its so mind blowing how black dragon witch isnt the heroine. if villianess real heroine doesnt completely blow her out/ blow my mind i'm gonna be severely disappointed :/

also does demon king/ester ever fall in love with mc? lol

10. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far as the novel goes, neither one is in love with him in the translated chapters, which is why they aren't the heroine. As for her, she's both a good character and actually has a good dynamic with the MC. She's a bit too much of an S for me sometimes but with Gong-ja it works.

I mean, Black Dragon Witch can be pretty cute but I get why the author went with someone else. I think he wants the story to be a character piece, so having the MC end up with Best Girl (whoever that may be) is not necessarily the best play. It doesn't play into the themes of the story.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Baldingere and Eddy andres like this.
  11. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot the chapter number I was on, but he just finished his fight with the constellation killer and died while also experiencing a death penalty where he lived in the perspective of the constellation killer's bully before the constellation killer kermitted suicide as an earthling then contacted his orphanage director who was in school with the constellation killer and they just started a mission together in the book about the constellation killer's earth past.

12. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So quick question. The main character is a bad person right? I read a bit of the comic, but didn't read the first few chapters as I didn't know how committed I was. I saw that the mc seemed to be a good guy wanting a perfect ending, but I read the first few chapters and it seems like all he wants to be is the main character like the flame emperor was and he was not mentally stable. Even before meeting him he was criticizing him for how he acted in the media. Also he overheard the confrontation flame emperor had with this saint, heard that she tried to poison him, but ran away saying the guy is this evil psychopath. Yeah he killed our mc, but that's the only really bad thing he's ever seen him do. Then mc believing he has to erase the glory of the flame emperor uses his new skill to go back to the past and kill him. The guy tried to rob the mc, but this was calculated by the mc as some justification.

So even before he keeps suicide himself the mc was crazy. He made the flame emperor into this big bad guy to take his place.

So what I really want to ask is if the mc ever realizes how messed up he is and that the flame emperor wasn't the source of all evil. That he likely acts not nice due to having a skill to revive after death, so he's been through a lot.

13. Wrath444

Wrath444 Life is such a glorious trauma, is it not?

Reading List:
    Link
    What skills does mc get? Can’t he just get killed by loads of people to get useful skills like current skills in manga aren’t that helpful for most things he should have looked for good skills to get first then go for tower

14. bozakir

bozakir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Flame Emperor is an evil psychopath. Normal people don't cook other people alive. Only fault of Kim Gongja was being at the wrong place at the wrong time. You don't burn people alive for that unless you enjoy torturing people.

"he likely acts not nice"
    That's like saying Ted Bundy had a little aggressive dating strategy.

15. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    He does, actually. He matures more and more through the arcs and then he is forced to challenge his views on this former enemy and they kinda make up

Overclock likes this.
  16. Reio

Reio 【Random】

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't go back to erase his history, but to be able to kill him before he gets his regression skill.

Tho we do have a dimension where flame emperor isn't a douche and mc can resurrect him kinda?

Overclock likes this.
  17. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess, but sort comes with the territory of a fire magic user. I've never read of a mc or character who uses fire to make it a point to make their attacks quick and painless.

18. nhatanh

nhatanh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, the Tower was the place for the exile, either they were forced to or volunteer (even the constellations were included). This meant that there were no sane people in the whole tower (you will realize this as you read more). In one chapter, the creator of the tower told him that returning to the past was his only chance to end the Flame Emperor perfectly, or else as both of them advanced, they would clash. It was like killed or be killed, no compromise.

Overclock likes this.
  19. bozakir

bozakir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it doesn't come with the territory. Flame Emperor has the capability of delivering a quick and painless death. This is how he stops him from running. Instant attack that severs limbs:

And this is how he kills Kim Gongja:

He could have pierced his heart, severed his head, pierced his skull, broke his neck, choke him. Hell he could have stabbed him with a pocket knife. He had many many options to kill that powerless hunter Kim Gongja. He choose to boil his brain alive.

Overclock likes this.
  20. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Guy sounds like an A hole. Still I haven't read any fire user in fiction go easy on a enemy. Or care to make it painless.

It's either a "magic attack" that hurts but doesn't realistically show what getting hit with a fire ball would do to the body. Or they straight up get burned alive horrifically. No middle ground. All it is that we're seeing it from the other side.

Well I guess the comic doesn't show the flame guy being that bad. I don't think his legs were severed. He caught the mc, asked him a few questions, said how he was justified, and burned him alive to keep his secret. And the mc be so unbalanced didn't make the fire guy that bad I guess.