Recommendations (BL) Spooky horror

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by setomono, Oct 31, 2021.

1. setomono

setomono Cutie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  2. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found Game, Live Stream to be pretty scary. I also read Supernatural Movie Actor App and liked it.
    If you prefer funny scary I suggest I Rely on Kisses to Clear Survival Games

setomono likes this.
  3. mejojo

mejojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KOD has scary arcs and the author is generally great at writing horror. I found the beginning spooky too.
    Recommending this as well https://www.novelupdates.com/series/phantom-skeleton-painting/

#2 and #3 are not horror.
    #2 Has a few creepy bosses but the CP is extra OP so the horror effect becomes nonexistent.
    #3 another novel with extra OP leads. The bosses are well known characters (Mario etc) and the mc ends up befriending some of them

Resplendor, setomono and Laraenna like this.
  4. Laraenna

Laraenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of them are good... I guess they're sorta scary? Sorry haha, it's been a long time since I've last read this stories. I focused more on the plot and mystery solving part.

For spooky bl novel suggestion. "Insider" is good too.

setomono likes this.
  5. setomono

setomono Cutie Pie

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read "I Rely on Kisses to Clear Survival Games". Wasn't as scary as I'd expected haha! Is Supernatural Movie Actor App creepy or is it more like mystery/supernatural (as the title suggests)?

I think I'll start with Kaleidoscope of Death then! I've also just found out that there is cross-dressing in it which I really enjoy.
    I just imagined Mario as a boss and laughed so hard, oh my!

Thanks for the rec, I'll check it out! I love mystery solving but sometimes you just want to get spooked, you know, haha.

6. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    I second phantom skeleton painting.
    But disagree with "The Earth is Online". I'd definitely put it under sci-fi/horror. It's all twisted mind games. So even though some of characters are familiar, they're all trying to kill the MC or trick him into killing himself by breaking the rules.

setomono, mejojo and Laraenna like this.
  7. mejojo

mejojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me the bosses joking around with the mc, their identity, the main character literally having the most OP ability to ever exist and well, everyone earning a healing ability and ML & the most relevant side characters also having a plot armor almost until the end made it absolutely not scary. At least I could never feel like either of the important characters was in danger, mc and ml being very strong and special in every way, and being able to control the situation regardless of the circumstances didn't help either. But I understand why some people find it spooky too
    Hoping you'll have a very spooky time. The crossdressing part is one of my favorites ahaha, it gets even better when crossdressing becomes a "popular hobby" inside the doors:blobjoy:

setomono and Resplendor like this.
  8. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if it counts as horror in the traditional sense, with ghost and goblins and such, but "Little Mushroom" pulls no punches. It's more of an apocalypse story. Or maybe existential horror. Destruction, cold murder and monsterous mutations abound. It's dark AF and you absolutely can't put it down. No super OP couple here.
    Don't get attached to anyone, cause they may not make it.
    Edit: shoot, didn't realize it got licensed and you can't read it here anymore. It's still realy good though so I won't delete this rec.

setomono likes this.
  9. eredffe

eredffe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this trial game of life
    this is amazing, a total hidden gem. this is so underrated.

setomono likes this.
  10. SussyBaka

SussyBaka New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read 'Another', 'haunting of the Hill house', you can scout these two

setomono likes this.